Goodbye

Lost & Found
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As far as Kyuhyun remembers, Siwon is a pleasant shopping partner. He’s always ready to offer positive comments on whatever Kyuhyun pulls off the racks.

 

“Everything looks so good!” Kyuhyun groans as they steps into the first store in the mall. Either this store has a really good range of stuff or anything looks good to Kyuhyun compared to pajamas.

 

It was the shortest shopping trip in history. Kyuhyun pulled several heavy sweaters and jeans off racks and Siwon held up his thumb every single time. Quickly selecting a pair of leather boots, which Siwon approved totally too, he sighed out loud as he sank into the softness.

 

Siwon grinned at how satisfied Kyuhyun looked as the cashier rang up the items currently worn on him. The sense of accomplishment shone on both of their faces as they head to a nearby cafe to grab a cup of coffee and rest.

 

While waiting for their orders to come, they took a casual look around them and almost every table is occupied by bickering couples. Siwon grinned as he caught Kyuhyun’s attention. “When did you get so easy?”

 

“Only with you!” Kyuhyun retorts playfully.

 

“I meant-“ Siwon stopped his explanation abruptly. He had tried so hard to forget that kiss they shared, maybe he will reminisce about it after Kyuhyun has gone home.

 

But he couldn’t ignore the flirty edge in his voice, his body language, his smile, twinkling in his big wide eyes. No one could see it, it had always fascinated him simply because Kyuhyun is so prim and sober and controlled, but not with him. It was almost as if the Kyuhyun with him was exclusively reserved for his private pleasure only. And the more Siwon struggled against acknowledging that fact, the more drawn he is to Kyuhyun.The attraction is in his hair, his mouth, his eyes, his sleek fingers caressing his mug of coffee.

 

Siwon’s mouth dried up. He needs to get away, he needs tomorrow to come quickly and Kyuhyun gone from his life. But his uncontrollable mind is going to absurd places right now.

 

“I have a proposal for you.” Siwon said a few minutes later before he could stop himself. He knows he is breaking but he couldn’t save himself.

 

“We’d tried that once and it didn’t work out.” Kyuhyun reminded him impishly.

 

“I know.” Siwon replied solemnly. “We need a doctor and you need a job.”

 

Kyuhyun is caught completely off-guard. His eyes grew larger as he considers for a split second. “I don’t think that’s a good idea, Siwon.”

 

“Me neither.” Siwon agrees. “However, there is only 8 more weeks left till the next batch of students arriving. A couple of interns quitted on us so we are severely short-handed with no hope of getting in new hires.

 

“We are making do with freelancers. Let’s see, if you take another 2 weeks off to rest, there is still 6 weeks work for you. It may just be a house doctor post but you will get some serious experience. I’m pretty sure after this stint you will have no trouble getting hired in a snap.”

 

“I don’t know if I could work with you.” Kyuhyun decides to be honest. “I couldn’t live with you.” He winced at how bad he just made things sounds. “Sorry-“ He mutters apologetically.

 

“No offence taken.” Siwon replied hurriedly. “You won’t be living with me.”

 

“Right.”

 

“Yes.” Siwon nodded. “Don’t worry about being awkward working with me, there won’t be time for you to even breathe. And I am certainly not going to single you out. Think about it, we really are desperate for staff.”

 

“Really?”

 

“Yes, we are.” Siwon said. “Okay, maybe there will be a bit of awkwardness at first, but we will work it out soon enough.” He conceded. “Please say you will consider?”

 

Kyuhyun nodded in silence.

 

“Just email me your resume for administration’s sake so it will look formal. I’ll take over when it arrives. There will be a job for you if you want it.”

 

“And if you change your mind, if once I am gone and you realised that it might be too much working with me, just say it.” Kyuhyun offers nervously.

 

“I wouldn’t.” Siwon grinned. “I’ll just email you.”

 

 

Siwon headed back to get refills for both of them and that gave Kyuhyun the opportunity to watch his lovely perky bum swagger with attitude as Siwon made his way to the counter. Kyuhyun watched calmly as the lady server laughed at Siwon’s joke. Next he noticed how Siwon’s black windbreaker had to strain over his broad back when he passed the empty mugs over to her.

 

A hot flush creeps up Kyuhyun’s cheeks discreetly as he remembers how it felt to be in Siwon’s arms and wishing he is able to do it one last time.

 

Just one more time.

 

Just one more night of being worshipped like a lover would deserve to be. 6 weeks will bring him right up to the date of his scheduled surgery date. It will work out, and Siwon need not know.

 

This is the real reason why he wanted to come to Seoul, if he did the surgery closer to home, there will bound to be someone who will run into him in the hospital.

 

Siwon’s offer could be more perfect, he will gain the experience he desperately needs to start life afresh after the operation. After the hysterectomy, he will be back on his feet in no time to begin life without the pain now constantly plaguing him.

 

Only problem is, he will not be able to have children for the rest of his life. It wouldn’t have caused so much anguish if he already have children but he need to make this choice so he must deal with it or risk falling back into the black hole of depression when he lost his baby.

 

Their baby. He unconsciously corrected himself.

 

Siwon came back with full mugs and Kyuhyun had to force a weak smile on his face. A jolt of electricity ran down his spine when their eyes met lingered, they knew without a doubt what the other is thinking. Kyuhyun quickly rearranged the smile on his face while Siwon tripped and slopped coffee onto the table.

 

They sipped their coffee in silence while Kyuhyun contemplated his next move. He is sure Siwon is unaware of that side of him that had learnt to assert himself against his parents after leaving their marriage.

 

The air between them is electrified with attraction towards each other, flaring as time passes. Kyuhyun knows that it will never cease unless it is dealt with heads on. Taking a deep breath, he spoke up.

 

“About me working with you, we have a problem.” Kyuhyun said and Siwon quirked a curious brow.

 

It’s now or never. I don’t want any regrets. Kyuh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter