Moving in with him

Lost & Found
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyuhyun regained consciousness late in the afternoon feeling completely disoriented. His sight is still swirling as he struggles to search for Siwon.

 

“Welcome back, Mr Cho.” A faceless voice said while taking his blood pressure.

 

“Si-won?” He slurred while trying frantically to bring his mind back to the present. But Siwon wasn’t by his side, he was busy ringing his parents and updating them. Kyuhyun desperately need to know about their baby.

 

Kyuhyun learnt that he had raptured five minutes before surgery started, he was lucky. “You will be pretty sore.” He was told and had his pain control medication increased. The nurse went on blabbering about the surgery as Siwon entered and came to his side.

 

“Hey there.” He greeted, sitting down and taking his hand. “You’re awake, I was just talking to your parents.”

 

“How were they?”

 

“Concerned.” Siwon murmured as he lean in to kiss his forehead. “I told them that you’re okay now.”

 

 

“Wookie,” Siwon ran nervous fingers through his hair. “We are getting a guest.” He eyed the slightly disheveled state of his apartment and saw the mess through Kyuhyun’s eyes.

 

He would never consider replacing Ryeowook, his wonderful housekeeper, but he is now considering hiring a temporary cleaner to satisfy the cleanliness freak in Kyuhyun. Ryeowook’s housekeeping may not be perfect in too many ways but he knows just how Siwon likes his eggs in the morning, and how to fend off unwanted phone calls when the exhausted doctor was catching up on sleep.

 

Girlfriends, and close friends frequently pointed out to Siwon that all Ryeowook ever did was empty the dishwasher, move the mess around, watches too much soap opera and drank tea. But all Siwon was concerned about was how he need not worry about running out of toothpaste, or new toothbrushes, or if he will have an ironed shirt ready when he needs to rush for work or if he will find food to eat when he comes home at 4am after his shift.

 

Whatever the slight man drummed up for meals were always delicious, divided and plated and wrapped up nicely in the fridge for his employer. And if he decides to treat himself and Sungmin to a chocolate bar or a rented movie, Siwon will find himself automatically included on the list too.

 

“What sort of guest?” Ryeowook asks discreetly, his mind already whirling with excuses in case it was Siwon’s mother visiting.

 

“His name is Kyuhyun.” The discomfort in his tone made Ryeowook stop to stare. “My ex-spouse.”

 

Ryeowook gave him a knowing look. Sungmin had been dropping hints all week but it still surprised Ryeowook that there was once a Mrs Choi. “Your ex-spouse?”

 

“It was a long time ago.” Siwon tries to act casual as he flips through the morning news while Ryeowook went about putting together a sandwich for the doctor and acting cool and unconcerned too. “He’s been in a car accident and isn’t well enough yet to travel back home.”

 

“Oh? He’s not from Seoul?”

 

“Busan.” Siwon replied tersely. “He’s only going be here for a few days, and he will stay in my room.”

 

“You room?” Ryeowook’s eyes widen scandalously.

 

“He’s immobile and my room has a bathroom. Can you freshen up the place and make a bed for me in the spare room? Kyuhyun’s a little-“

 

“A little what?” Ryeowook frowns.

 

“Fussy.” Siwon sighed.

 

And right there Ryeowook decides he will bring Sungmin in to help him clean. Siwon’s shower hasn’t been clean for as long as the sheets on his bed. And for some strange reason, he is in the mood to please Dr Choi’s ex-spouse.

 

Ex-spouses and girlfriends are worlds apart. Ryeowook went through his tasks with the same gusto he used for Siwon’s mother. He even went down on all fours to vacuum up all the dust bunnies under the bed.

 

When Sungmin arrived and assured him that Dr Choi will be held up at work for many more hours. “I deserve a longer cruise next year.” Ryeowook told his husband grumpily.

 

~@~

 

 

Kyuhyun did not realised the extent of his condition until he had stood up from his wheelchair and lowered himself into Siwon’s low sports car. Already numb with pain, he also couldn’t twist around to pull the seatbelt across him and clip it in.

 

“Let me help you.” Siwon offers when he saw the painful grimace on the other’s pale face.

 

As Siwon leaned carefully over him to grab hold of the seatbelt, Kyuhyun realised this is their first physical contact since parting ways 10 years ago. Siwon felt the same although he smelt slightly different, big and strong, efficient and gentle.

 

“Oww~” Kyuhyun cried out and tears wet his eyes. He felt like the biggest wimp in history but the pressure of the seatbelt over his wound did hurt like hell twice over.

 

“I’m so sorry!” Siwon apologized as he hurriedly released the seatbelt and looked at him worriedly. When the look of pain did not disappear from Kyuhyun’s face, Siwon da

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter