MTTF #08

Marrying the Tuan Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 8: AGAIN

 

After the wedding ceremony, they were all too exhausted too stay for a chat and everyone went to their own room after saying goodnight. Sae Mi was about to go inside her room when Mama went downstairs again and called for her name.

 

“You should be staying in Mark’s room starting today, Sae Mi.” Mama stated.

 

“Ehhhh?” She was taken aback by her mother in law’s sudden outburst.

 

“Aigoo, since you’re already married, darling. Do I need to state that up too?”

 

“No, Mrs-” Sae Mi forgot that she already became her mother in-law and wasn’t used to calling her Mama yet.

 

“I told you to call me Mama right? Now, go. Mark’s room is upstairs, turn right and you can see an arcade there and walk a little bit further. The one on the left with a black door. The room opposite his is Joey and his door is black too so I hope you will not mistaken.” Mama gave her a friendly pat on the shoulder and went upstairs again. She hesitated to walk upstairs to her husband’s room. *Wait, husband.* Looks like, Sae Mi isn’t back on reality yet.

 

Mark had already been informed by Mama just now that Sae Mi will come up to his room soon. He went to freshen up his body while waiting for his wife. He needed to talk. They need to talk.

 

After he’s done with his shower and dressed up, he was surprised to find the spacious room still empty, with no signs of another human being in the room. So, he went to check on Sae Mi downstairs but the moment he opened the door, he was shocked seeing his wife in front of the door, trying to reach for the doorknob.

 

“What are you… doing?” Mark’s head tilted on the left side, asking Sae Mi.

 

“Uh, Mama asked me to go to your room.”

 

“For what?” Mark asked knowing the reason already but enjoying the shy face of his wife which is already red like a tomato.

 

“Anything. Urgh, just let me in already.” Sae Mi mumbled and moved inside the room pushing through Mark in her way.

 

“I’m tired, I just want to sleep.” Sae Mi threw her body on Mark’s bed, making the bed bounce a little. She closed her eyes, preparing to sleep when she heard Mark shout in her face.

 

“Who said you can sleep here?!”

 

“I said.” Sae Mi answered, yawning.

 

“No. You. On the sofa. Now.” Mark pointed his finger to the sofa.

 

“No. Merong~” She stuck her tongue out, teasing Mark.

 

Mark was raging with anger and threw his body on Sae Mi’s receiving hysterical scream from her. She pushed Mark away, got down from the bed and went into an empty corner of the room hugging her knees. She hid her face in her knees and cried. Mark was too shocked to do anything.

 

*Why was Sae Mi behaving like that?* He thought. He took some steps closer to Sae Mi.

 

“Y-yah! You don’t need to cry. Okay, I will give you the bed for tonight. But only tonight.” Mark when it comes to consoling people and that’s all he could come up with. Sae Mi still didn’t stop crying and Mark was dumbfounded, not knowing what to do.

 

“I said I’m giving you the bed tonight. So let’s just go to sleep, okay?” Mark whispered softly taking more brave steps and crouching down to her level.

 

Mark felt bad for making her cry for unknown reason so he made a brave action by slowly pulling Sae Mi into his embrace. “Shhh. I’m sorry for making you cry.” He cooed. He can still feel her soft sob against his chest even though she stopped crying already. Mark patted her back softly, soothing her. He leaned his head on her head, brushing his cheeks on her hair, breathing in the sweet scent of his wife.

 

“I don’t know what is it that making you cry but I hope you will tell me.” He whispered again. After Sae Mi has quitened down, he took a peek on Sae Mi’s face and found her sleeping already.

 

“Aish, this girl really. I’m trying hard to make her okay and now she’s asleep?” He grumbled to himself. He carried her towards the bed and put her down. Then, he pulled the comforter to cover her from the freezing air-conditioner. His mind told him to go and tidy the sofa for him to sleep but his heart were attracted to her face, her face which were full with tears. He propped his left arm to support his head and lied in a sleeping position with his body turned to her.

 

Mark wiped the tears on Sae Mi’s face with his bare hand. Sae Mi stirred a little, and he was frozen with his hand on her cheek. *phew* He let out a soft sigh of relief. He would choose to be dead instead of Sae Mi finding him in this embarrassing situation. After moving her strands of hair aside to see his wife’s face, Mark patted her shoulder softly, easing her even though she’s already sleeping.

 

He patted, patted and patted until his eyes were driven into a deep sleep.

 

 

Sae Mi tried to hold back her scream when she found Mark’s hands were wrapped around her waist the next morning. After releasing a big deep breath, she slowly lifts the small but muscular arms from her body. Mark mumbled incoherent words in his sleep. Then, an evil idea popped in her mind. She turned her body and put her legs on his side and pushes hardly until Mark fell flat on the floor. Sae Mi heard him groaned in pain and quickly went outside when he scream her name. She ran outside crashing into Joey who was getting out of his room at the same time.

 

“Wooaa~ you okay there?” Joey asked her worriedly. Sae Mi nodded and went downstairs in a hurry without greeting him a good morning. Joey smiled at her clumsiness and followed suit but in a calmer way.

 

Sae Mi went into her previous room to clean up, but got stopped by Papa’s words. “Morning Sae Mi. Why are you going back in there? Aren’t you supposed to be in Mark’s room?”

 

She was shocked that she immediately stopped in her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter