MTTF #33

Marrying the Tuan Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 33: FOOOOL~

 

Sae Mi was scrolling through her phone in her room after seeing Rae Joon off. She passed upon a message Ji Won had sent her but she only have the chance to read it now. It appears to be an image of a necklace. Probably, belongs to herst, like Da Yul had informed her the night after the incident happened.

 

“Oh! Is this it?” She asked to no one in particular, zoomed at the picture, and stared at it for a long time. On the other side that she doesn’t know, Ji Won had been contemplating to send it to her out of guilt on the day her parents died. When Da Yul found her with the unsent message, she tried to snatch the phone away, Ji Won refused which ended them in a phone fight and Ji Won’s finger that stayed put on the send button, accidentally pressed it resulting the message to be send to the recipient. Da Yul face palmed when she saw the sent message. Ji Won just have to have that guilty side of hers even though they are going to talk it out with Mark later on.

 

The door flung open revealing Mark with a tray of food and two glasses of cold water and orange juice. Sae Mi didn’t even look up but focused more on the picture which made Mark curious out of his guts. He walked towards her side of the bed and the moment he saw what his wife was looking at, his heart fell to the ground. It was his, but why did Sae Mi has the picture? They had already talked it out and all that’s left now is for him to explain everything in which he didn’t plan to in the meantime.

 

“Y-yah! What’s that?” He tried keeping his calm expression.

“Do I need to tell everything to you now?” Sae Mi asked but Mark was too fast with his actions that he already took the phone away from her to delete the picture.

 

 “MARK!!!” She shouted his name.

 

“Yes…?” He tilted his head and asked innocently.

 

“Why did you do that?”

 

“So that you won’t look to the past anymore and look only…” He stopped as he drew his face closer to her making her hiccup suddenly. She blinked a few times but then avoided his gleaming eyes.

 

“…at me.” He finished with a husky tone which sends chills all over Sae Mi’s body as he drew away from her. Sae Mi hiccupped again, which brings a chuckle to her husband.

 

“B-But, I need--”

 

“Don’t tell me you need that? For what?” Mark asked as he took a plate of fried rice from the dinner just now.

 

“For---” As soon as she opened , Mark scooped a spoonful of rice into , making her stop talking. Sae Mi grumbled inwardly and forced herself to munch the food even though she doesn’t want to.

 

Mark smiled upon seeing his wife eating for the first time after her grieving. He waited for her to finish before scooping another spoonful of rice when she was about to scold him. Sae Mi gave up in trying scolding him and stopped opening .

 

“Yoon Sae Mi! You only ate two spoons of rice, that’s not enough. Here, eat more…” Mark urges the spoon in front of her petite lips but Sae Mi is still with stubbornness.

 

“I’ve had enough. I want to sleep…”

 

“Promise me first that you will eat breakfast tomorrow.” He stopped her.

 

“Yeah, yeah whatever…” Sae Mi shrugged as she pulled the comforter over herself and tried putting herself to sleep.

 

“Yes? What is it, Jessica?” She heard Mark's voice talking to the phone a few minutes later after her husband went to put the tray downstairs. Her eyes were trying to close just now, but hearing Jessica’s name, she automatically went wide-awake and curious as well.

 

“You wanted to hold a meeting tomorrow?” His voice drifted away as he leaned on the wall near the balcony door which is further from Sae Mi’s where being.

 

“Didn’t Kate tell you that I’m away for a few days?” Silence.

 

“I’m not available at the moment, but I’ll arrange a meeting next week if that’s okay with you.”

 

“Leo’s sick? I’ll visit him when I come back, okay?” His worried tone made Sae Mi’s heart angry and she felt a tingling feeling of jealousy of the said person on the other line. Unknowingly, her hand went to her stomach as she felt her baby kicking from the inside. She smiled at the contact and fell asleep soon after.

 

Mark hung up and went to his side of the bed. He stared at Sae Mi’s sleeping face before went up to kiss her forehead and laced his arms around her to pull her closer.

 

 

As days pass by, Sae Mi cannot help feeling the flutter in her heart and butterflies in her stomach whenever Mark did anything nice to her. He has been a caring husband for these few days and she felt confused. Whenever she wanted to walk, he would quietly follow behind her so that she wouldn’t have any difficulties. In conclusion, he will always be there even though sometimes she felt rather suffocating.

 

The couple went back to America after a complete one-week staying in Korea. They have arrived safely in America after the tiring flight and went straight home. Papa and Mama greeted them warmly and Mama was overly worried towards her daughter in-law. Sae Mi jus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter