MTTF #07

Marrying the Tuan Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 7: HUSBAND, WIFE, IN-LAWS

 

The most awaited day has come. The awaited day that Sae Mi wished never exist and so does Mark. Guests were coming, mostly from the business world to the infamous Tuan Co. heir’s wedding. The bride and groom were getting ready in their own room. Mark was helped by Jinyoung, JB together with a makeup artist and a stylist.

 

“Woa hyung~ I thought we promised to get married at the same time.” Jinyoung joked with his best friend, even though he’s older than him.

 

“Shut up!” Mark scolded him.

 

“Ooooohh… our groom is nervous~~” JB sang behind him, enjoying Mark’s rage.

 

“Aish really! You guys better get out before—“ Mark stood up to hit the black-haired guy behind him but got scolded by the stylist. Mark gave an apologetic smile to the stylist and glare at his friends.

 

After he’s done with his hair and makeup, he went to the dressing room to change into the white suit he bought in Korea. He stepped out of the room after taking a last look of himself at the full-length mirror inside the room to receive 5 guys with mouth wide open in a line in front of him.

 

“Seriously, what’s wrong with you guys today?~” Mark asked them. They got back on earth at the same time and crowded Mark. They all wished him good luck and they took pictures together, to commemorate last moment of Mark’s single status he’ been holding up until now. Then, the other left Mark and Jinyoung in the room for them to get ready to walk up the red carpet up to the stage.

 

On the other room, Sae Mi was struggling to put on the dress with the help of Ji Won and Da Yul. Their partners already took their seats in the ballroom. After a few more pull, the dress fitted on Sae Mi perfectly. The veil was too long at her back that she needs them to help her while walking in a few minutes. Then, Sae Mi’s parents and her brother came inside the room and Ji Won, Da Yul and the stylist with the makeup artist left the room for their time alone.

 

“My daughter is really grown up now.” Mr, Yoon praised his daughter while holding her hand. Mrs. Yoon took a hold of Sae Mi’s other hand and started tearing up. Sae Mi smiled at them sweetly making her parents felt sorry for her to get involved with their matter.

 

“I’m sorry you have to go through this. I’m really sorry.” Her dad hugged her for a brief moment.

 

“No appa. It’s okay.” Sae Mi whispered in the hug.

 

“Omma is sorry too. I hope you take a good care of your family okay?” Sae Mi nodded trying hard not to cry to part with her parents after this.

 

“Oppa~” Sae Mi stood up and called Rae Joon. He came towards her in his manly steps and hugged her tightly. “I would’ve taken the responsibility for you instead. I’m sorry, if this is not for our sake, you wouldn’t have to go through this marriage. Just tell me if he did bad things to you okay?” Rae Joon’s manly voice whispered through Sae Mi’s ears making a tear slip from her eye. Rae Joon pulled away and wiped the tear with his thumb. “Yah pabo! Don’t cry. You’ll ruin the makeup.” Rae Joon tried to lighten up the atmosphere but he can’t help the feeling of sadness creeping inside his heart.

 

“Sorry to ruin the moment but they said it’s time.” The makeup artist from earlier informed them. Her family’s eyes were on her and Rae Joon kissed his little sister’s forehead before pulling the white veil to the front of her face, covering it. Her mom and Rae Joon went inside the ballroom to take their place.

 

Sae Mi stood in front of the closed door in front of her with her dad beside her and Ji Won and Da Yul behind her. She closed her eyes for a brief moment, took a breath in and let it out. Mr. Yoon hooked her hand with his to walk together down the aisle. The door opened, revealing a whole new life of Sae Mi. They started walking, Ji Won and Da Yul taking care of the dress and veil which reached the floor, the audiences clapping and making noises as they walk.

 

She saw Mark right there, up the stage with his eyes closed with Jinyoung little steps away behind him. She was stunned for a while for Mark’s visual and decided to ignore her fast beating heart. The MC announced the arrival of the bride up the stage and Mark’s eyes slowly fluttered open. They met eyes for a brief second and Mark felt weird in his heart. He tried to ignore it but he felt more uncomfortable. He broke the eye contact and went to the middle of the stage.

 

They faced each other, receiving the oath with clapping audiences as the background and a sweet melody echoed throughout the ballroom. The newly married couple each put a ring on each other’s fingers with trembling hands.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter