V. Promise

Umbrella

CHAPTER 5: PROMISE

Chorong looked at herself in front of the mirror and sighed. She never wore anything revealing before, and she thought that it doesn’t fit her so she never wore one. A pink cotton off-shoulder pullover tucked in her rugged denim jeans with a matching pair of white shoes was one of her favorite outfits, and that was what she’s wearing at the moment.

“Park Chorong, you’re screwed. Did you see what that woman was wearing? Do you see what you’re wearing?” Chorong thought to herself as she kept on comparing herself with Hani. “She’s y, and you’re just…cute!” she complained more.

The stressed girl calmed herself first before walking out of the washroom. She tried convincing herself that nothing goes on between Bomi and Hani but the moment she reached the bar, Chorong saw the two whispering and giggling with each other on the couch while drinking a few shots.

A pang of jealousy and frustration suddenly stabbed her heart. It’s really frustrating for her because even though she admits that she has this certain attraction towards the girl; she cannot fully understand why the scene in front is making her that jealous and insecure. This is only the second time that she has talked with Naeun’s young manager, but her feelings seemed like it was there for a long time already. And for the record, she has never been insecure. Chorong always felt proud about herself, and it actually makes her look arrogant in the eyes of the people who don’t know her personally but this time, it felt like she doesn’t even have anything to boast.

The emotionally strained woman sat down and ordered a glass of gin and tonic as she unwillingly watched the sparkling one have fun with her close friend.

---

“So, you came.” A giggling voice came out of nowhere while Eunji was looking around the room where Bomi pointed. She turned around and saw a silhouette behind the curtains that apparently lead to the balcony.

Eunji gently approached the area and peeked behind the white, hanging cloths and was amazed when she saw three empty white wine bottles scattered on the floor while Naeun was enjoying her fourth one which was already half empty. Her face flushed bright pink the moment she realized what Naeun was wearing and immediately blocked her vision with the curtain.

“Jung…Eunji.” Naeun hiccupped as she called the girl whose heart was already racing. “Drink with me.” She ordered; her voice sounded so relaxed, which was new to Eunji’s ears.

Despite the nervousness that she was feeling, the older girl complied with her command since she really did want to talk to Naeun. Besides, she thought that this might also be a good opportunity since she knew how alcohol can be a key to someone’s closeted emotions. All she had to do was look anywhere except at the woman who was only wearing a white long-sleeved polo that was oversized for her.

“Sure, but…” Eunji paused as she tried to reach for an extra glass and the bottle that was on the side table beside Naeun. “I thought you don’t want me to come near you ever again?”

Naeun smiled with her droopy eyes and giggled before taking another gulp of white wine. “You…you’re quite naïve.” She then pouted and pointed at Eunji. “You’re a woman too…how come you…don’t get it.” She slurred.

“Explain it to me then.” The older smiled and sipped her own drink as she looked at the potted flowers that were decorating the rather small balcony. They were beautiful, but not as beautiful as the drunken woman in front of her. She also admired the clear and starry sky, but none of them can shine as bright as the star that was starting to open up her true feelings.

“Tch.” Naeun poured another glass for herself and gulped half of it. “When we say…leave us alone…we meant the o…opposite. Got it?!” She shouted as she slammed her hand on the chair’s arm rest. The intoxicated one stared right at Eunji and somehow noticed that the latter was avoiding her look. She tilted her head and observed more, making the sane one more nervous.

“W-what are you doing?” Eunji stuttered, still avoiding the piercing glare of Naeun. Much to her surprise, the tipsy girl clumsily stood up and inched closer as she supported herself by holding on Eunji’s arm rest.

“You.” With a serious expression on her face, Naeun poked Eunji’s cheek. She poked it for a few more times before pressing her index finger longer on the latter’s cheek. “Look at me…w-when I –“ Naeun paused and hiccupped. “W-when I talk…to you, okay?”

“W-why?”

“Why not?”

“Okay…okay.” Eunji sighed. She then gulped the remaining liquid inside her glass to pump up her courage before looking at Naeun who just slumped back on her chair. She tried to stay as calm as she can, trying to focus her vision at the latter’s forehead.

“Good.”

After that, both of them stayed silent for a while. Eunji continued staring at Naeun’s forehead while she drank a few more rounds, just to look like she was looking right at her. She actually tried to do so, but it only ended up making her cheeks warm and red so she just went back to where she was gazing a while ago. Eunji was also feeling a bit dizzy already, but she knew she can last longer than the woman whose glare was piercing right through her soul.

Naeun shifted her position when she accidentally knocked off her glass and broke it. “O-oh.” She was about to stand to pick up the shattered glass on the floor when Eunji motioned her to stay still. The latter then knelt in front of her as she cleaned her mess, while Naeun just watched from her seat.

“You should rest now.” The older one suggested as she carefully picked up the pieces of the broken glass.

“Why do you care so much about me?” the celebrity asked and this time, her emotions shifted from being playful to being dispirited. “You don’t even know me that well…”

“I told you, I don’t know.” Eunji replied. “And, I would get to know you if…you give me a chance…” she said in an undertone. The latter obviously didn’t hear what she said after since the latter stayed silent so she just continued to pick up the remaining pieces. All of a sudden, she paused and immediately excused herself. “Ah, I’ll just get a broom.”

The truth is that, Eunji accidentally cut herself with one of the shards she was picking up a while ago. She went back inside the room and went straight to the bathroom to wash and treat it. The cut on her finger was quite big, so the red liquid continued to gush out uncontrollably. Eunji tried covering it with cotton, but it ended up getting damped by her own blood. Panic started to sink in her system as she watched the vital fluid run down her hand. She then hissed as the sting got more painful.

She was about to go out again when a pair of arms wrapping around her waist froze her on the spot.

“Eunji…”

Much to her surprise, Naeun was already crying behind her and she can actually feel the tears of the younger girl damping her shirt. She tried to turn around, only to be stopped when Naeun tightened her hug and pressed her body against Eunji like she was hugging a stuffed toy. From then on, Eunji forgot about the untreated lesion on her hand and just listened to Naeun’s true feelings.

“You won’t leave me, right?” Naeun broke down, unable to hold on everything she’s feeling anymore. “Everyone just comes and goes for me…Just when I thought that they really love me, that’s when they show their true colors... I really didn’t mean to push everyone away, but…” she wailed more.

Using her uninjured hand, she gently held on Naeun’s arms and patted it. She doesn’t know what to say, and this is the only way she could let the latter know that she’s willing to listen and be there for her. Naeun on the other hand, just kept on crying; finally able to let go of these unwanted feelings that she kept on receiving ever since.

“You’re not like them, am I right?” Naeun wanted an assurance, and Eunji understood why. Even if she doesn’t tell her everything that happened, she can feel that these are her true emotions. The moment that she felt the grip loosen, Eunji removed Naeun’s arms and faced the taller girl and gave the most convincing smile to dispel any doubts that she was feeling.

“Stop crying now…” Eunji continued to console her new friend. “I promise. I won’t go anywhere.” She unknowingly used her bloody hand to take Naeun’s and made a pinky swear.

“W-what happened…” Naeun asked as she saw Eunji’s fresh wound.

“O-oh, it’s nothing.” She immediately withdrew her hand.

“Let me see…” The overly touchy girl wiped her tears away before inching closer to grab and take a closer look at Eunji’s abrasion. She struggled as Eunji tried to pull her hand away, but then eventually winning over her. “It’s still bleeding.” Naeun muttered under her breath as she examined it.

“I’ll be fine, do not worry.” Eunji tried to pull her hand away, but the latter didn’t let her. “Come on…I’ll wash it again.”

“Ah.” Naeun’s eyes lit up as she remembered something that she learned from her mom back when she was a kid. From then on, the celebrity went back from being depressed to being playful, just like how she was when Eunji found her, as she giggled and looked at Eunji with her droopy eyes. “I know…”

“Know…what?” she asked with a puzzled look on her face.

Eunji felt like dying on the spot exactly when she felt Naeun’s moist lips and wet tongue as the intoxicated woman out the blood from her finger.

---

“Naeun, are you awake already?” Bomi called as she knocked on the door. “You need to wake up now. You still have a scheduled TV show appearance this afternoon…” Her voice faltered as she felt the pain on her head; like she has been hit by a frying pan. She massaged her temples before knocking again.

Since no one was answering, Bomi decided to open the door to check on her friend. “Son Na—“

With agape, she slowly closed the door again and stayed on her position for a few minutes as she processed in her head what she just saw. ‘No way…’Bomi slapped herself the moment she started to think of lewd things. She then scratched her head as she walked away. ‘Maybe later…’

On the other side of the door that Bomi left, shows a honeymoon-like scene: The two sleeping peacefully on the bed and covered in blanket; with Naeun hugging Eunji’s torso and Eunji’s arm under Naeun’s head.

-----

A/N: I hope you'll all like this update. ^^ Thanks for reading and subscribing! ^^