Ch. 13

Married To My Nightmare

JB froze when he saw her. Minhee turned around to leave but ended up bumping into BamBam, who was clearly upset and angry at the same time. “BamBam,” she whispered with widened eyes.

            Without a single word, BamBam took her wrist and dragged her somewhere far, far away from JB and the girl. Finally, they arrived at an empty playground. BamBam let go of her wrist and walked over to the swings and sat down. Minhee awkwardly stood there not knowing what to do. BamBam noticed Minhee was still standing, so he patted at the swing next to him. Minhee sat down on the swing and stared at whatever is in front of her,

            They were both sitting there in silence, not knowing what to do or say. BamBam let out a sigh.  “Mianhae Minhee,” he started.

            Minhee turned to him and gave him a questioning look. “For what?” she asked.

            “For making JB cheated on you,” BamBam confessed.

            “What do you mean?” she asked as she frowned at him.

            BamBam stared at his hands as he tried to think of a way to explain. “That girl you just saw is my cousin form Thailand,” he started. “Few weeks ago, my cousin and her family went to Korea to visit my family. During that time, Got7 was hanging out at my house watching Death Bell.”

            Minhee frowned again when she heard that. “What about me?” she asked.

            BamBam turned to look at her and raised one of his eyebrows. “You texted JB hyung saying that you have to go to this business party, remember?” he reminded her.

            “Oh yeah,” she sheepishly said as she swung her feet.

            “Like I was saying, my cousins, aunts, and uncles went over to Korea from Thailand to surprise me and my family. Let’s say it was love at first sight. JB and my cousin started to hang out and go on dates. Few days later, my cousin told me that she’s in love with him,” he said.

            Minhee cringed when she heard some other foreign fell in love with her boyfriend.

            “I told her he already has a girlfriend, but my cousin kept on saying that JB doesn’t. So we called him and asked. He said … no. I was pissed off so I told Got7 about it. We tried our best to separate them, but my cousin kept on vanishing.”

            Tears started to form and slowly slide down BamBam’s face. “I’m so sorry Minhee. I didn’t mean to,” he cried.

            Minhee sadly gazed at BamBam. “BamBam-ah,” she said as she leaned towards him and patted his back. “It’s not your fault.”

            BamBam looked up with his shocked puffy eyes. “What are you talking about?” he asked.

            “You can’t control love, BamBam,” she said. “Only your cousin and JB could control it.”

            BamBam sat there speechless. “B-But-“

            “Yah,” she said as she nudged his side. “Stop blaming yourself for something you didn’t do, and let’s go get some ice cream.”

            BamBam’s mood lightens up when he heard two of his favorite word in the world. “What are you waiting for? Kaja!” he yelled as he made her stand up and dragged her to the nearest ice cream parlor.

            Minhee laughed at the hyper BamBam. They both entered the ice cream parlor and walked up the cashier.

            “Annyeonghaesaeyo! Welcome to Rainbow land! What can I get you guys?” the cashier asked.

            “I would like one vanilla –caramel ice cream macaroons with a mango smoothie,” BamBam ordered.

            The cashier typed the order onto the computer before turning to Minhee. “You, ma lady? He asked.

            “I would like green tea ice cream macaroons with strawberry sensation please,” Minhee said.

            The casher typed in the order. “That would be 14,000 won.” ($14)

            Before Minhee could take out her wallet, BamBam already paid for the desert.

            “Yah, you don’t have to do that,” Minhee said as she took out the money and shoved it into BamBam’s hand.

            “Take this as an apology for my cousin,” he said as he gave her money back.

            “Yah, how many times do I have to say it’s not your fault?” she asked as she shoved the money into his school uniform pocket.

            “Then I insist on paying your behalf,” he said as he gave the money to the cashier.

            Minhee stayed quiet as she walked over to a table near a window. BamBam walked over to the table and sat across of her.

            “Minhee-ah,” BamBam started. “I have a question.”

            “Okay,” she said.

            “How come you’re not crying?” he asked.

            “What do you mean?” she asked.

            “You saw JB hyung making out with my cousin and you’re not crying.”

            “Oh that,” Minhee said. “To be honest, there are times where I want to cry, but I can’t.”

            BamBam nodded as they both sat there in awkwardness.

            “Stop it, stop, stop, stop it/ Every time you do that, it makes me go crazy/ When you look at my eyes and slightly smile/ It makes me wanna run to you and hug you,” BamBam’s phone rang. (Stop Stop it by Got7)

            “I’ll be right back,” he said as he got up and left.

            Minhee sadly sat there in her seat as she zoned out into la-la land. The memories JB and her had shared, the kisses, the hugs, the ‘I love you’ had been destroyed. Minhee was so into her thought that she didn’t noticed a group of guys from YG, her rival school, had entered.

            “Doesn’t that chick from JYP?” one of them asked.
            “Since she’s wearing the uniform, yes; yes, she is from JYP, Mino,” one of them answered.

            “She’s cute,” another one said.

            “Wait, isn’t that Got7’s girl?” another one asked.

            “Yeah, I think so Seunghoon. Wait, isn’t BamBam outside?” Mino pointed out.

            Every one of them nodded.

            “Your ice cream, ma’am,” the cashier said as he walked up to Minhee’s table and set down the desert.

            “Gamawo,” she said.

            “Still up for the plan?’ their leader asked.

            All of them nodded before walking over to Minhee’s table. One of them sat in BamBam’s seat while the rest remain standing.

            Minhee felt someone’s present across her. She slowly looked up and the first thing she saw was an unfamiliar uniform. Next, she saw a name tag that said ‘Nam Taehyung’. Finally, she saw the YG logo on the uniform.

            “Winner,” she thought. “What do you want?” she coldly asked.

            “Revenge?” Mino said.

            Minhee let out a deep sigh before looking up. “Right now is not the good time,” she said.

            The guys stared at her in shock. There were tears strolling down her cheeks from her pink puffy eyes. Yes, she was finally crying.

            “Come back later when I’m gone,” he voice cracked.

            The guys looked at each other, not knowing what to do. The leader took out the handkerchief and hand it to her. Minhee looked at the handkerchief and then the leader in confusion.

            The leader kindly smiled at her. “Wipe your tears. It’s not a pretty sight to see a beautiful girl crying,” he said.

            Minhee soften at his words. Even though Winner is Got7’s rival and YG is JYP’s enemy, they do know how to treat a girl correctly, enemies or not.

            “Yah!” BamBam growled as he stormed into the ice cream shop. “What do you want?”

            “Nothing,” Mino said. “We’re just here to comfort her,” he pointed at Minhee.

            BamBam’s eyes widened when he saw Minhee’s teary face. “Gwenchana?” he asked as he went over to her side. “Did they hurt you or something?’

            Minhee shook her head as she showed him the handkerchief that Winner’s leader gave her. BamBam stood there in confusion and realized Minho was telling the truth. BamBam awkwardly coughed as he his attention turned to Winner. “Um... thanks for comforting Minhee,” he awkwardly said.

            The leader nodded as he patted BamBam’s solder. BamBam didn’t flinch at the sudden contact. “No problem, BamBam. Just remember to treat ladies nicely,” he said before leaving with the others. “Enemies or not.”

            “Wait! What about the handkerchief?” Minhee asked.

            The leader stopped at the door and turned to Minhee. “Keep it as a gift,” he said before leaving.

            Minhee and BamBam watched Winner left. “Well, that’s awkward,” BamBam muttered as he sat in his seat. “God damn it! This seat is so warm!”