5/?

Shoot Me To Elysium
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The timber wood bench creaks as Erin slouches further into the curve of the almost ancient chair. She listens intently to the elder man's words, thinking over what he said in the past thirty minutes. She watches as the robe falls around his elderly figure and he watches the cross around his neck glints in the light.

"Let us all bow our heads and say the Lord's Prayer, shall we?" He says. He flips to the certain page of his holy book. He looks up at the people who have attended the morning's service and begins to recite the words.

"Our Father which art in heaven;
Hallowed by Thy name;
Thy kingdom come;
Thy will be done in earth;
as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day, our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive them that trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
But deliver us from evil.
For thine is the kingdom,
The power, and the glory,
For ever and ever.
Amen."

"Amen," Erin whispers under her breath and she looks up. The pastor turns around and takes a plate of sweets. He beckons for the people to come collect the sweets. People leave their benches and form a row just in front of the pastor. Erin walks to the back of the queue, Sungjong and Jin Eun following after her.

When it gets to Erin, she takes a sweet from the plate, smiling at the pastor. "Father, bless me."

The pastor grins and chuckles. "Dear Erin, I will bless you, but I presume you are the same old good Christian girl, yes?"

Erin grins. "I guess so, Father. It's what the Great Lord thinks of me that matters."

"You're right, you're right. We're holding up the people at the back so I'll talk to you at the side, hm?" He asks with a smile. He takes the holy water and sprinkles it on her, crossing his chest and whispering a few prayers, blessing her quickly.

Service ends on a good note and Erin, Sungjong and Jin Eun walk out of the church. Sungjong stretches once he's outside and yawns.

"I won't say service is boring, but I think I wake up too early for it," he says in between a yawn and Jin Eun agrees.

"I agree, but the afternoon service is filled to the brim. I hate crowded places," Jin Eun says.

"Hey guys," Erin says. "I've got a lunch date with... Mr X! I'll send you pictures, you may or may not freak out."

"Who is it," Sungjong asks, not amused.

"A guy," Erin says. Her phone vibrates in her hand. "Gotta go! Bye!"

"This girl..." Jin Eun and Sungjong both sigh as they make their way back to their shared apartment.

Erin takes the silver chopsticks, feeling it's coolness on her finger pads. She smiles at the guy across her, silently thanking him for a her meal. She sips the drink in the wine glass on her right and almost gags. She just doesn't show it.

"Mm," she frowns slightly. "What is that? It's sweet and... it burns..."

"Vodka, my dear," the guy replies curtly.

"When did you start calling me that?" Erin asks, with a slight chuckle.

The guy shrugs.

"C'mon. Hyunseung, I told you. We have nothing between us. It's you and Hyuna. That's it," Erin says.

Hyunseung scrunches his face in a childish manner. "But why? I don't think she even likes me..."

"Don't start. She does, I know she does," Erin says. "And... one more thing. You try'na get diabetes or something? This vodka is too sweet."

Erin finishes her Phad Thai and she places her chopsticks down, indicating that she's done with her meal. She leans forward, propping herself on her elbows. "So, did you ask Hyuna yet?"

"I didn't ask her anything! I'm still enjoying the time I have left with you. You know, she's those kind of girls that want their boyfriends to pay attention to them and not hang out with other girls, right?" Hyunseung says, sipping his vodka.

"Oh, come on. She knows me and she knows I don't like you that way. She'll be fine," Erin says.

School rolls by and Erin prepares to face another boring day of lessons. Lessons for her, however, may not be so boring, at least, with a four dimensional alien beside her.

"Hello," Taehyung says.

"Hi," Erin replies awkwardly. She slides into her chair, groaning when her back straightens and hurts.

"What's your first lesson? Mine is Chemistry," Taehyung says, checking against his timet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter