Teaser: The Phone Call

Least Expected

A/N: Howdy there! It's not much of an update, but I'm here to present you with some storyline~ I didn't expect this story to splay out this much, but I'm glad people are liking it~ I took a turn and I'm sorry. I promise for better things[: I'm sorry if I'm not finishing this in time :\ There's so much going on. I just wanted to update you lovely people. I hope this'll be sufficient enough!

 

--

 

Jessica's PoV:

 

When I heard her voice, I couldn’t speak.

“Yobosaeyo? Is anyone there?”

Her sweet melodious voice.

“Yobosaeyo?” She spoke again.

“Taeyeon-ah, who’s that?” I heard Sunny speak.

Soonkyu-ah.

I heard a pause. “I don’t know.” She sounded hesitant.

“You don’t know.” Sunny sounded angry.

“I know,” Taeyeon sighed. Wait, what is going on? What's that supossed to mean? What do you know? “I just have a feeling--.”

“Taeyeon, we’ve already had this conversation already. Just hang up before our manager-oppa catches your call. Hurry, we’re performing soon.” I heard a slam. I heard a sigh.

“Wait!” I finally found the courage to talk. “Taeyeon!” I cried out.

There was another pause.

It was so quiet that I wasn’t sure if Taeyeon was even on the line. Maybe she had hung up. Maybe I was too late.

“Jessica?” I finally hear.

I cup my mouth and try to cover my gasp. It really was her.

I tried to keep my emotions in, but I couldn’t help it. Tears were streaming down my face and onto my hands. My breathing almost became shallow.

“Taeyeon!” I cry out again.

I hear her chuckle and sniffle. “Annyeong!” She awkwardly says.

I smiled like crazy. I couldn't believe this was happening. “Annyeong.” I say back.

There was another pause between us. I wanted to speak, but I couldn’t help smiling.

“Taeyeon, there’s so much I want to tell you,” I start, “I received your gift. Thank y—.”

“Sica,” I was glad to hear that again. “There’s more I want to explain, but now’s not the time. Please, if you contact me again, please use the number from my tablet.”

I frowned. She sounded really frantic. She spoke again, “I’m sorry. I don’t mean to sound like I’m sending you off. It’s just, things are a little compli—.”

Taeyeon? Who are you talking to?

“Listen. I don’t have much time. I just want to say I miss you so much.”

“I miss you, too.” I in. I was worried I wouldn’t be able to say that unless I said it now. I knew something suspicious was going on. 

“I’m really happy to hear your voice again.” She states.

Yah. Kim Taeyeon. Who are you talking to? Where did you get that phone?” I hear a smack and Taeyeon cry in pain.

Is that our manager-oppa?

Answer me, Kim Taeyeon!” I hear another smack.

Why is he hitting our Taengoo?

“I was talking to Baekhyun! I snuck this phone! It’s my private phone!” Why is she lying? Well, half-lying. But still!

You know the company banned you from any contact after Jessica left! Why are you disobeying your regulations! Do you want to be kicked out, too?” Another blow. Another cry.

I wanted to cry for help, cry for Taeyeon. I wanted to, but I know I would make things worse by breaking her cover.

This time, I heard something that sounded like a kick. This attack pushed my limit and I almost screamed for Taeyeon. I knew our managers tended to hit us every once in a while, but this was overkill. “You’re the leader Taeyeon. You should know better.” I heard ruffles in the background.

“NOO!!” I heard Taeyeon yell.

Then the line went dead.

 

--

 

A/N: You like it? Also, anyone know a good poster shop? I'm planning on putting posters on my stories now~ :3 Hit me up! 

On another note, please expect that this may be finished by February. I'll try to push it and finish by next week, but I already have 0 time on a computer so, I'll see. I hope you guys will still enjoy this!