Teaser: The Present

Least Expected

Jessica’s PoV

 

I trudged up the stairs of my apartment. My legs felt as if they were going to give out, but I pushed myself to keep going.

Traveling back and forth between Bangkok, Seoul, and every other Asian country for a month wasn’t my idea of being free, but I’ll admit, it is less tiring and I feel more independent. I’m doing something different and I like it very much.

But don’t misunderstand me. *sigh* Being in SNSD was an experience… I can’t describe. It had its ups and downs. I’ve met so many people and created wonderful friendships with people around the world. I sang and danced my heart out. It was a dream come true!

But, I realize, dreams must come to an end.

Then again, as the saying goes, as one door closes, another opens, am I right?

Don’t worry. I’ve started to get over the fact that I— that SNS—.

You know what? Let’s not ruin my Christmas spirit!

I reach the top of the stairs and begin to look for my keys before heading to my apartment space, which, of course, happened to be a good 20 spaces away from the door.

All right. It’s 5:24 PM now. I don’t have to meet with Krystal until 8 and I’m done preparing all the gifts.

Yes. I’ll finally be able to rest.

As I finally reach the door to my apartment, I notice a red and white striped box with a red bow on top. I stopped about 5 feet away from the door.

Is this some sort of trap? No one should know about this place.

Panicked, I inched closer to the gift. I thought SM was going to surprise me with a hidden camera, but after inspecting the hallways and box, I felt it was safe.

I entered my apartment and set my things down. I hung my coat on the coat rack next to the door and threw my purse on the couch in the first room: the living room which was adjacent to the kitchen. I set the box down on the kitchen counter. I switched on the lights and grabbed something to drink.

As I leaned on the countertop and drank some water, I felt anxious about the contents of the box and how it got in my possession. I was staring at the inanimate box as if it was my mortal enemy.

Wait. What if it isn’t even for me?

I rushed to the box, hoping that this was all a mistake and that this box was just delivered to the wrong person.

I felt as if my stomach dropped.

To: Jung Sooyeon

I thought that maybe this was from my landlord, but I realized what was going on as soon as I looked closer at the tag.

The handwriting looked too familiar and when I realized who it was from, I broke down. 

 

--

 

So, how is it so far? 

Guys, I seriously wrote this fic in like 8 hours. I was on some writing high or something.

If there's any grammar errors, I apologize! This went through some rough editting.

Hope you're guys' holidays were fantastic! :D Please expect some more!