Chapter 7

Stay With Me
There sat seven boys waiting and looking at the door. I just chuckled at the fact that they were still there. I left about three hours ago and they were probably heading here. 
"What are you guys still doing here?" I said coldly as I walked over to the trouble makers. 
"We were waiting to see you," one that had a beanie on and white hair. Honestly, I didn't know any of them. Why were they waiting? 
"I don't know you guys, why would you possibly be waiting? Don't you guys have a life?" I mumbled the last part under my breath. They all looked at me as if I just offended them. Every word I said was true though so I can't say I offended them. 
"Well I'm Taehyung." "I'm Namjoon." The one with the beanie on told with a small smirk. "I'm Jimin." "I'm Seokjin." "I'm Yoongi." "I'm Hoseok." They all went one by one bowing as they went. The last one smiled the brightest. "Nice to meet you," they all said at the same time. I just looked at them and waited. What was I supposed to say now? 
"What's your story, waiter?" The one that goes by Hoseok said. "Sorry, I don't know your name unlike Jungkook over here." He laughed as he pushed Jungkook who turned a violent shade of red. 
"My name is Seren. Please take care of me," I mumbled. I don't want to tell them my story. "You don't need to know my story, now I have to go. My brother is waiting for me," I said as I tried to turn away from them. I felt a hand grab me only this time Jungkook wasn't the one who grabbed me. Namjoon did, what does he need this time. 
"Wait, we want to be your friend. Why can't we know your story? We won't judge you or anything," he spoke with a soft voice. It almost made me want to trust him, but I quickly shook my head to clear the thought of trust. I can't trust anyone anymore, only my brother and two other people can be trusted. 
"No, I don't need friends. I don't need to trust people anymore, and I especially don't need your sympathy." I said roughly slamming my hands down on the table. My heart beating faster and my anger getting out of hand. I don't need this right now, especially with my brother over there. 
"Please," they all said simultaneously. It was scary how together they were that it caught me off guard. I didn't trust them but if I didn't say anything then I would have a problem. I know they wouldn't leave me alone then.
"You want to know my story so bad? Okay, I'll tell it. My brother and me are abandoned by our parents. He's living with friends. I'm working here so that I can pay for his school things and rent for him to live where he is. I'm homeless and alone in this ginormous city. My brother is six and has gone through more trauma then you little spoiled kids have gone through your whole life. This is my first time seeing him in two days which is a long time when you don't have anyone else in your life and I'm wasting it talking to you jerks. There you happy? Now you know my story, you know what I've been through, what I live like. I'm ready for your disgust and sympathy. Now leave me alone," I said before I stormed away.
This was the third time I've had to tell this story, and I hate it. I don't want sympathy or anything from people. I don't want to feel like I'm in debt to people. I want to be left alone so I can survive. 
I put on a fake smile and headed back to my brother waiting for me. He smiled at me and acted like he didn't see anything, I know he did. 
"Who are they? Did they do anything to you?" He said jumping down from his stool and heading over to them, but I snatched him up before he could.
"Woah, there tiger. It's fine, I'm a big girl. I can deal with it," I smirked at him. He grew up so quickly. We sat and talked about how life was at the Mathers home. He was being kept safe and loved so much more then I could give to him. 
"Seren, it's lunch rush, let's go," Su said to me as people came flooding through the doors. One by one they sat down and waited for the waiters to come which was Su and I. 
"I'll be back bud. Hang tight," I said as I jumped down from the stool and went from table to table getting orders and drinks. I was checking on him and saw that Su gave him stuff to draw with, I owe her. He looked at me when I looked and I smiled thinking how big he had gotten in such little time. I saw that the boys were still here and that we needed the table so I headed over to get them out. 
"You guys need to order or leave. I choose leave so get out," I said. I didn't have time for them to be like this. They all still looked dumbfounded and apologetic towards me. "I'm not in the mood for your guilty conscious so leave." I said roughly. They one by one got up and left except Jungkook who sat there staring at his hands. "Jungkook, leave." I said softly. I didn't want sympathy from him at all. He was the last one I wanted it from. He slowly stood up and looked at me. He shook his head like he was disappointed in me. What did I possibly do? Maybe I was a little harsh, I'll apologize tomorrow morning. Yeah, I'll do that. 
The lunch rush ended and I sat back down next to Mikey and smiled. He had drawn us together and told me to keep it. 
"Are you hungry? Pick whatever you would like," I told him. He smiled broadly excited to have free reign on his food. 
"I want the chicken tenders with fries, please. If that's okay," he said second guessing that it was okay. My parents always used to yell at him for getting expensive meals but he deserved it. 
"Yes, that is perfectly fine." I said touching his head. I missed him. I missed the way he smiled, I missed him laugh, his little feet running around the house. This is all my parents fault, we would have been fine. I would have gotten a job if need be, but instead they ran. Did I do something? 
I thought as I put in his order. I felt tears fall down my face and quickly rubbed them away. The chef was about to ask if I was okay, but I told him to be quite so that Mikey didn't hear that I was crying. I was stronger then that. 
His meal came out and he instantly stuffed it down his throat, starving from a long day without food. I laughed as he ate, he ate like he was three but that's okay. It means he hasn't fully grown up yet. By the time he finished that Mathers family came and got him. 
"Thank you again for taking care of him. I'll see you all soon," I said as they left. Mrs.Mathers ran back to give me a hug before running to catch up to her family. I sat down with a huff. 
"You need to stop acting like you are so tough.... You are wearing yourself thin," Su told me with a pat on the back. I just nodded my head knowing exactly what she meant. The problem is that I need to be tough for Mikey, I need him to stay young for as long as he can. 
The rest of the day went by fast and soon it was closing time. I grabbed my bag and said goodbye to everyone. I walked out into the cold air and looked upwards letting the coldness get me. When I looked forward there stood seven boys all trying to act nonchalant, but failing at it. 
"Why can't you guys leave me alone," I whined, stomping my feet on the ground like a child. I saw some of them smile at me, but some just stared. Tough crowd. Jungkook came forward and searched my eyes. Why do people keep searching my eyes, you won't find anything there. He grabbed my hand and walked me down the stairs. They all circled around me just staring. 
"Listen, what do you guys want? I don't have money!" I said starting to get a little scared at this little intervention we were having. All of them laughed this time at the terror in my voice. I was seriously scared this time, that I about kneed one of them, but I stopped myself. Good thing too.
"Seren, we want you to live with us," Hoseok said to me. I looked at them like they were crazy. As if I would live with them. 
"No." I said straight up.
"Seren, stay with us." Jungkook said before getting close to me. "Stay with me."