Chapter 15

Stay With Me
I went back to the diner even though all the lights were off and the door locked, I sat in front of the diner watching the sun go down farther and farther until it was gone. The stars barely noticeable in the sky laid out above me. 
My mind scrambling to figure out what just happened. I was lost in my own thoughts for hours until the sun came back. The light spilling in between the buildings and showing the streets, the garbage, the filth all around. It showed my life in the light, I looked at the clock and saw what time it was. Six fifteen a.m., still two hours till class started, but I might as well be early. 
I got up and walked to school checking every so often for the familiar group of boys. I made it to school not running into anyone I knew, I pushed open the doors heading up to the classroom. I grabbed a mint from my bag and shoved it into my mouth, the classroom was empty when I slid the door open. The sun seeping in through the window onto the seats, I found my seat and sat down my eyes growing heavy as I put my head down. 
I heard laughter all around me, the noise getting louder as everyone entered the room. I slowly opened my eyes and looked around, everyone was in groups talking waiting for the bell to signal us for class. Everyone was there so I assumed class would begin in a minute or so. Right when I thought that the bell rang and the kids stood up with the entrance of the teacher. She said her announcements and left right after. We all had gym today so everyone stood up and grabbed our clothes to change, Jieun and Krystal came up behind me scaring the living daylights out of me. 
"Hey, sleepy head," they said in unison. I felt my head start to throb, I just grunted in response to their happy greetings. 
"Why are you happy?" I asked rubbing my face. My head aches with everyone's laughter and I wished I had a place to sleep and food to eat but I didn't so I couldn't lay in sorrow. 
"Well I have a date with Yoongi later! You want to come over and help me get ready?" She asked me hoping for a positive answer. It's to bad that I was going to have to shoot her down. I can't risk getting close anymore, also I have my job... 
"I have to work today, I'm sorry... But tell me what happens okay?!" I said forcing a smile to slide onto my face. She looked sad but understood. 
"That's okay! I'll text you right after, okay? What about Jieun?" She said with a smile growing. She truly was a caring, understanding person and my best friend. I don't know what i would do without her... 
"Actually I have a date too... With Jin." She said blushing looking at the floor. I heard the squeal of Krystal echo against the wall. She started to jump up and down with her grabbing all of our hands. I smiled at their excitement and felt my heart break a little. Why is everyone able to be happy, but me? 
We finally made it to the gym as we had already changed and waited for our teacher.
"Okay! We will be playing basketball today. Get with a team of 10!" Our teacher yelled. I stood there knowing to let my friends pick a team and I'll join. They instantly joined with the boys wanting to be with their crushes and the rest followed them. I stood there awkwardly as everyone chatted. I felt Jungkook's eyes on me and I looked at him. His cheek was a little bruised where my hand hit him. He was staring at me with not anger but sadness in his eyes, I looked down quickly avoiding eye contact.
"Hey,Seren! You ever play basketball?" I heard Jimin say as he came over to me. He got close to me and my body got chills. 
"No, I haven't, have you?" I said blushing a little at the attention given towards me. He smiled at me and elbowed me. 
"I'll teach you," he gave me a sly grin before grabbing my hand. He pulled me over to a hoop and handed me the ball. "Okay so you put your hand here and here," he grabbed my hands placing them on the spots. He went behind me and grabbed my arms. My cheeks flushed and my heart pounded. "Now push the ball up. One, two, three," he said as we pushed the ball up into the air and it swished through the basket. I got excited as I jumped up and hugged him. That was the first basket I have made before was all that went through my head as his strong arms were wrapped around my body. I felt safe, like nothing could get me.
"Thank you!" I said as I hugged him. He was hugging me too as I heard a ball get slammed against the wall. I looked behind me and saw Jungkook's back looking back at me as he walked away.