Chapter 5

Stay With Me
"Come on, dear. Time to wake up, it's lunch rush." I heard a tiny voice said as my shoulders started shaking. I moaned and rolled over so I could avoid the sunlight.
"Five more minutes please,mom." I groaned to the voice. I felt a hand grab my hand and tug me upwards. I went up and opened my eyes, I was in a small diner. I guess that wasn't a dream, I quickly rubbed the sleep out of my eyes and looked around. My boss stood in front of me smiling as I started to bow and apologize. 
"I'm so sorry, please forgive me. I only meant to take a small nap, I'm so sorry," I apologized repeatedly to her. She only laughed and grabbed my shoulders to stop me from bowing again. I felt so bad,"please don't fire me. I swear it won't happen again," I begged. She smiled at me warmly making me as though I wouldn't be fired today.
"Don't worry, dear. I knew you were going to fall asleep after eating. That's why I let you sleep for the morning. The morning is always our slowest time so you can sleep then, but lunch and dinner, that's fighting time." She said chuckling to her little saying. She acted as if I was going to war working here. "I did hear about your fight with the table this morning though." She said giving me this stern my mother would.
"I'm so sorry. It won't happen again. He just wouldn't stop complaining about everything and stop trying to talk to me. I just wanted to serve them and be done." I explained with a whiney voice. She laughed at my voice that I thought she was going to collapse from laughter. 
"Okay, for one thing, never use that voice again. Another thing is that those boys I don't care how you act towards them, they are family, but please don't do that to anyone else. Oh and Jungkook left you a note on the table along with more then he had to pay so this is your tip," she said handing me money. I looked at it and saw that it was forty dollars more than they owed. She also handed me another piece of paper.
'Hey waiter girl, meet me at the park when you are done with work today.' Was all that was written on the old napkin. The letters connected all neatly and I felt my heart jump a little with the thought of seeing the dweeb again. I think it was from anger, I wouldn't have affection for such a self-centered guy like him,right? 
"Okay, thank you. Now let's get to work! Fighting!" I said before going to each table clustered with plates and cups and starving people in every seat. My mind went numb as I worked only thinking about how this job will get me money, how I will be able to survive. I didn't think about the note or the boy Su called Jungkook. I didn't think about how I was going to have to see them all tomorrow again. I just thought about my brothers face as I walked away from him. His eyes showing fear, sorrow, regret, every feeling a little boy should never be feeling. If my parents had stayed then we wouldn't be having this issue but of course, they only thought of themselves. My fist started to clench at the thought of them sitting on some white sand beach sipping drinks and enjoying the life they never had with us there. They left us on our own to be happy. 
I quickly changed the thought to something else as I finally exited my own world to talk to the last customer of the night. I got them all set and waited them to be finished before cleaning up. I was ready to go, all I needed to do was clean. I quickly scrubbed down all the counters and chairs before i was stopped. 
"He is waiting for you. Go and I'll do the rest, just don't let him push you around. He is a strange one," Su said to me as she watched me clean. I wasn't sure if I wanted to meet him or if I wanted to run for the night. I made up my mind and thanked her for everything before grabbing my stuff and leaving. I can't keep hiding from everything, I have to start getting out there and living. 
I walked to the park nearest the dinner and looked around. There were couples hooked arm and arm walking under the moonlight. They looked in love and happy to be in that moment. My romantic side urged to be part of that until I remember the rational side of me. I have better things to worry about then a stupid romance. I started walking until I came to a screeching halt. 
About ten feet from me a guy sat on a park bench with his eyes closed and hands in his beat up red sweat jacket. His lips were together and relaxed, his face looked like he was happy with what he was dreaming about. He had come dressed in a pair of blue mesh athletic shorts and his sweat jacket along with a San Diego Padres baseball hat turned backwards. I quickly patted my hair down but stopped when I realized who I was seeing and started to walk over to him.
"What do you want?" I snarled out as I sat down next to him. I only saw a smirk form on his lips as he opened his eyes.
"Lovely seeing you too. I wanted to see you again, duh." He said with an attempt of patting my head but failing epically as I swiped it away. 
"Why." I said giving my small responses. I didn't want to be here and I felt my toes start to curl with anger in shoes as he just looked at me. I didn't want to be here, why did I even come?
"Okay, you got me. I wanted revenge so I called you here. Now you can leave." He said shooing me away. In what way is this revenge. Was I talking to an idiot? 
"Are you stupid? I think you are. In what was is this revenge? I'm leaving, bye." I said as I stood up and lugged my bag over my shoulders. I felt a hand grab my hand and grip it hard. He wasn't letting go of me. I felt my cheeks redden instantly and heart rate go up as he held onto me. What is this? Stop it body, you we not allowed to do this. Why would I react this way? 
"At least let me walk you home. I really did want to see you," he pleaded to me. My home is a cardboard box, no way was I going to let him see me home. I slapped his hand away from mine and shook my head no. 
"No thanks, I can find my own way home." I walked away and heard him follow me. I spun around and looked at his face. He looked almost sad that I had turned him down to walking me home. His eyes had a doe gleam to them and his lip was making the puppy dog face. Like that would work on me, I mean come on we aren't five anymore. "No. I said no, so stop following me now."
I started walking and heard him follow. I wasn't in the mood so I started to run until I was out of his sight. I climbed up a tree and hid well enough so that as he ran by he didn't even notice me. He sprinted past me and up to the next block. I took my bag and wrapped it around me as I got comfortable in the tree. I was just going to stay there all night looking at all the stars that barely show and the moon. Hopefully it works for keeping me out of sight and the danger in the city. 'Out of sight, out of mind' was what I thought as I settled in for a long night.