Chapter 18

Stay With Me
 
"Well then this meeting is done. I hope you keep your deal. Have a nice day, Miss Seren," he spoke as he stood up. I glared up at him as I held the envelope he just handed me in my hands. The money sitting in my hands, my heart breaking. Why did I take this deal? These pictures, it's their fault, they made me feel things I haven't before. 
"I will keep it," I spoke as I stood up. He looked at me for a quick moment before walking off towards the boys apartment. My knees felt weak as he walked off leaving the photos and money dangling by my side. What did I just do? What about Jungkook or Jimin, all of their smiling faces, will probably diminish the day I leave. Was all I could think as I fell on to the step. Drunks walked by me, people laughter echoed across the street, all the noise heightened in my ears as I thought. My body slowing down until the stars slowly started to disappear until a light hue came over the sky. 
"Seren!" I heard my name yelled from behind me. I stayed there sitting still until Su sat down next to me. "Seren, shouldn't you be going to school?" She looked at me concerned. I looked at the clock and saw that it was way past seven and that school was going to start in ten minutes. My hands gripping the envelope handed to me hours ago. I looked at her and shook my head. I'm never going to school again.
"I'm doing homeschooling instead. I'm leaving now to talk to the school. I'll be back in a couple hours. Oh, by the way is there any apartments near yours?" I said barely looking at her. 
"There is one next to me actually! I'll have them save it for you and you can stop by today after we close up. Now go!" She said taking my bag and pushing me towards the school. I ran towards the school until I reached the gate of it. The school was desolate of students as the bell had rung minutes before. I slowly walked to the office in hopes of talking to my teacher when I spotted her talking with another teacher. 
"Hello, I was wondering if I could talk with you for a moment," I spoke as I bowed to both of them. I felt bad for interrupting them but it was important. 
"Yes,Seren. Why aren't you in class?" She said looking at me with concern. I looked down at her desk afraid of saying it but it's all I can do. 
"I need to start homeschooling instead of going here...." I said waiting for her response. I only got silence on the other end. I looked at her for a moment, before her piercing stare got to me. 
"Why do you want to transfer?" Was all she said to my statement. I looked at her suddenly felt like I was being interrogated. I tried to come up with an excuse that would get me out of here until I came up one instantly. 
"My mother actually sent me here to speak on her behalf. She just feels that it would be better for me to do homeschool instead of coming here with all the distractions. She said she had already spoke with the principle and that I should be okay to go ahead and do that," I lied. She looked at me with a look of suspicion, but I was pretty sure that my lie was convincing enough. 
"Well, it says in the computer, that your mom actually just called so wait here and I'll get all the stuff you need." She said looking a bit sad with my leaving but was fine with it. I stood there shocked with the statement that my mom called when she wasn't even in the same town as me. "Here you go, Seren. All you need to do is sign here, it says that you will stop by once a week to turn work in and if you need help that you will be willing to call me for assistance and if your grades slip that you will come back and won't sue the school." She said handing me the pen. I took it quickly and signed. 
"Thank you so much! I'll be back next Friday to turn work in. Have a nice day," I said as I quickly took the books before I ran out of there. It was weird that it was that easy to do homeschooling. The books and folders in my hand as I entered the diner. Su smirking as she looked at me holding my books and folders. 
"So I guessed it worked, my call everything." She said laughing. I went over to a table before going over hit her. 
"Yes, it worked!" I said laughing. She literally saved me from all the drama I was in. I don't have to see anyone anymore and deal with them. I also will have my brother back soon, he will be able to live in an apartment with me and I can take him to school. He can have a normal life, just those simple thoughts made a smile form on my face. 
"Okay, let's get to work since you can now do it during school. And we shall see the apartment tonight," Su said to me as she threw me my apron. I just smiled and went to work with the hungry customers all around. 
One by one they were leaving and arriving from jobs, classes, homes until school was out for everyone and students were showing up. I was taking care of a regular elder couple when I heard a lot of laughter coming into through the doors. I looked slightly and saw two girls and seven guys all coming laughing. 
"Excuse me," I said quietly to the couple before I crouched down to walk behind the counter. I made it over there without being noticed yet so I sat there until Su came over. 
"I never knew you were fond of sitting on the ground. What's going on, you were a zombie this morning and went and transferred to homeschooling. I'm confused," Su said sitting down next to me. She held me for a moment before I took the pictures out of my pocket. 
"I met a man last night who works with the boys. He paid me two hundred thousand dollars to stay away from them. I denied that deal at first but then he showed me these," I spoke handing her the pictures. She stared at them for a moment until she realized why I was avoiding them. "You see it now, right? I didn't want that money, but my heart shattered at those pictures. I didn't know what to do..." I spoke staring at my hands. 
"Well, sweetie. Tell me one thing, when your heart flutterers is it with Jungkook or Jimin? Do you feel betrayed more by Jimin or by Jungkook? My last question is are you going to hide from all your problems for the rest of your life or are you going to face them head on like the strong girl you are?" Was all Su said before she stood up and offered me a hand. I stared at it for a moment before I grabbed it and got up. She was right, my problems won't just disappear if I hide from them. I whipped myself off and went back to the elderly couple holding their food. 
"I'm so sorry for the wait. I was having some problems so please forgive me," I said as I bowed to them. They both looked at me and smiled before the older lady took my hand.
"My dear, it is not hard to miss that you have been through a whole lot at such a young age. But don't hide from them, face them head on," she spoke quietly. I was shocked at how on point she was to what was happening to me so I stood there with my mouth open. I finally regained my normality and nodded my head to her. I slightly backed away and pulled my pad out to take the groups order before walking over there. 
"Can I get you the usual?" I said monotoned. I looked around glancing at each face until I landed on two girls that looked unfamiliar to me. I looked back down at my pad, my hands sweating. What if these girls were them.... 
"Where were you today?" Namjoon spoke. I looked over at him, not necessarily mad at him but wasn't happy either. I looked at them all as they sat at the end of their seats wanting an answer. 
"What can I get for you?" I said again, not answering their questions. I looked at them again having my pen at the ready. 
"I believe he asked you a question. Why don't you answer him?" I heard a snarky voice. I looked at this girl sitting next to Jungkook her red lipstick bursting out on her pale face. She smiled at me, waiting for me to follow her orders so I wrote down an order of nine of their usual before walking away. 
I heard her call me a name I wouldn't like to repeat as I walked away. I put the order into the kitchen but seven of them were already in, I guess he knew they had arrived. I left those and prepared nine cups of water for them before I set them on the tray. 
"Seren, leave them. I'll do their table from now on." Su said to me. I looked at her for a moment and saw that she was serious but I knew better than to listen to her. 
"Su, don't kid with me. I got it don't worry," I said smiling to her. She looked at me with concerned eyes before shaking her head and dealing with other customers. I lugged the drinks over to the table full of snarky kids. 
"Here is water for everyone," I said as I slid them one by one to the open hands of the boys. The girls I handed to, to prevent spillage all over the table. "Your order will be ready in a minute, is there anything else I can get you?" I said standing back. 
"Yes, can you tell us why you weren't there today?" Jungkook spoke. I looked over at him, trying to decide if I should tell him. I looked at the girl next to him, her dragon nails clinging to his shirt and her whispering into his ear. I looked at the other girl doing the same thing to Jimin. My heart broke a little with Jungkook not pushing her away, he seemed like he enjoyed it. I bent down and went by his ear. 
"You don't care. Go play with your new girlfriend," i spat at him. He looked at me for a moment before he realized what I meant. 
"No! No it's not the way it seems!" He said as he pushed her away and stood up. I put my hand up to his face, singling that he should be quiet now. I walked away to fetch their food. It was sitting there waiting for me to take it to their owners. 
"Here is your order and your check. I'll have Su come pick up your check. Thank you for choosing this diner and have a nice meal." I said with a smile. I passed everyone their plates and walked away. I set the tray down and looked around waiting for new customers to enter the building. 
One by one everyone left until only the group of boys stayed behind laughing at the jokes they each told. I patiently cleaned all the tables, until I was left with nothing to do until they left. 
"Come on. Can you guys hurry up?" I mumbled under my breath. I looked at them seeing that they weren't making a move to leave so I grabbed the new found information for school. 
"Waiter, check!" I heard a high pitched girl. l looked over at her wishing I could punch her. 
I looked at Jungkook once trying to process what could possible be going through his head. 
"Here you go, and please don't return," I said knowing that it could possibly get me fired but it works well enough to me.