Chapter 19

Stay With Me
  They set down their food as they heard the last statement leave my mouth. I looked at each face sitting in vinyl seats in front of me. Some started laughing as if it was a joke, while others sat there in shock.
  They were trying to see if I was serious or not and honestly I was. I didn't want them to come here, I didn't want them to sit in the cracked red booths, or eat their usual order ever again. I didn't want to see their faces again. 
  "Well," I took a deep breath before proceeding with my statement. "I hope you had a nice meal and have a wonderful day. Thank you for choosing us to eat at for so long," I said before I turned when a voice finally spoke up.
  "What are you talking about Seren?" I heard Namjoon say. I froze mid step wishing I could leave, but his words stopped me. What was I talking about? I don't know what I was doing right now, I don't know why I took that stupid deal and I honestly just don't know any of this. I was eager to run for the hills but I quickly looked over my shoulder. 
  "I asking you to stop coming here. It's not rocket science," I looked at each of them that were looking at me but my composure was slowly falling. All the boys started to yell their opinions on my statement, I instantly began to feel flustered.
  "We aren't going to stop coming here, we have no reason to. What is going on with you today?" Jimin said over the noise. I looked over at him, seeing a look of confusion on his face. I reached into my pocket and touched the pictures of the two boys that simultaneously crushed my heart. I thought about telling them about their manager and what he had said to me, but decided to hold it in. 
  "Reality hit me," I said simply before walking away, my composure finally shattering. I went right over to Su with my shaking shoulders and my sobs being held in. I had actually went through with it, I was actually going to keep the deal. I went right into her arms letting tears fall. 
  "Did you tell them to stop coming?" She spoke gently like a grandmother would do for the younger generation. I nodded my head in her shoulder before stepping back a little. I wiped the tears away from my cheeks and reached for the tissue she was holding out for me. I couldn't cry on duty, I needed to be stronger. I keep telling myself that, why can't I just actually do that?
  "It was the right thing to do, right?" I asked Su. She looked at me, shrugging her shoulders. I sighed at her evasive answer. 
  "I don't know, it all depends on if you think it was the right thing. Did you think about the questions I had asked you earlier, you find your answers?" She said simply before glancing over my shoulder and getting a sad look on her face. I looked over my shoulder and there stood Jungkook ringing his hands. We all stood there staring at each other before Su finally decided that it was best to leave. "Well I'll be taking my leave," she touched my shoulder before going to deal with customers waiting for assistance.
  "What do you need Jungkook? I'm working right now," I tried to walk away but his hands grabbed me. I looked at our hands together before I snatched them away from his grasp. My heart was racing at speeds that wouldn't stop until I was breathing deeply. 
  "Just meet me at the park later please, I'll wait there until you come," he said before he turned away from me. I stared at the back of his head for a moment, seeing him breathing deeply. I walked over to a table in need of being cleaned, I was thinking of the stuff he told me when I reached the table. He wouldn't be there, he won't wait either. 
  I wasn't thinking as I piled plates with smeared gravy or other foods on top of each other. I stood for a moment and looked at the bright walls freshly painted yellow while I was gone. The people's voices soon turning into a soft hum, everything around me soon started to spin everywhere. I grasped the table tightly and closed my eyes trying to stop the spinning until I felt a pair of large hands touch my waist. My stomach twisted, not in the way it used to. I opened my eyes to see Jimin standing there smiling at me, he was saying something I couldn't quite make out. 
  "I'm sorry, what did you say?" I said as all my senses started to come back. The hum stopped being replaced by the original voices while everything that was spinning came to a halt. 
  "So do you want to go out tomorrow night? I have this really fun place we can go," he said taking a step closer. I felt my personal bubble pop with that step so I took one backwards. I looked at him before I turned to Jungkook who was now talking to Su. They seemed to be having a very heated conversation about something making me wish I was over there. 
  "I'm sorry, but I can't see you anymore. I had fun last night and thank you for being so caring towards me but we can't date," I said sliding his hands off my waist, I picked up the tray piled with dishes needing to be cleaned. 
  "What are you talking about? I really like you and you like me too, right?" He said staring at me. He grabbed the tray setting back on the table and grabbing my hands. "I don't know what is going on right now but I want to help you. I'm not giving up that easy. I will win you over," He said in my ear before kissing me lightly on the cheek. 
  "You need to give up on me," I said easily. I pushed him backwards lightly to put some space between us before he finally decided he should leave it for today. 
  "I'll be here tomorrow, you can guarantee that." He just sighed before I heard the bell above the door ding, he was gone. I picked up the tray again and walked to the back of the kitchen. The chef stood back there singing classics, smiling at me as I walked in. 
  I started to clean up the dishes surrounding the sink while humming to my own little tune until Su walked in. She leaned against the sink giving me this look of shame. 
  "What?" I said smiling a fake smile at her. I took the orange sponge before sticking it in the water and cleaning off the crusted food. The water sloshed around the sink as I moved the plates and cups that were being cleaned to make room for more. Soap was going down my gloves, making my hands feel cold, just like my heart did at that moment. My world had just been flipped upside down and here I am pretending to smile like nothing happened. My heart was actually feeling like something was stepping on it but I wasn't going to let it show.
  "You are going to meet Jungkook." Su said to me as she watched me deal with the soap. I looked over at her raising an eyebrow at her statement, there was no way I was going to meet him.
  "I have to go see the apartment tonight," I said looking back down at the dishes waiting for their turn to be cleaned. Honestly, I knew I was going to want the apartment since it was next to Su but I was just using that as an excuse to not see Jungkook. 
  "We all know you are going to want the apartment without seeing it. I mean we will be neighbors!" She said grabbing my face. I was forced to look into her eyes as she searched mine. "You figured out the answers to my questions, and the one you care for is asking to meet with you. I'm not telling you as a boss to go see him, I'm telling you as a friend that you have to go meet him." 
  My hands swung next to me as she spoke. My heart still holding the scotch tape was trying to decide if I should go or not, until I shook myself out of it. She let go of my face and stepped back. Her blue eyes shining passion of what she had said to me. I knew she was right but I didn't want to acknowledge it. 
  "I'll think about it. And yes please tell your landlord that I would like the apartment." I said facing the sink again. I shoved my hands into the mess of dishes and started scrubbing again. The soap getting everywhere as I let my hands play with it. My mind was only imagining what I could possibly to him or what he would say to me. 
  "Good. Oh by the way, we are closing now," she said as she walked out. I looked over at her back fading to be replaced by the door. I finished the last of the dirty dishes before I rung the sponge out and tried to make the gloves come off my hand easily, but they stuck to me as I pulled until I yanked one off. I did the same thing to the other one before looking at my hands. They were soaking wet, while resembling raisins. I touched my face with them making me laugh at the feeling of it. I didn't know why I was laughing until I started to remember that were closing now. 
  "Wait! Why are we closing?" I said as I ran out the kitchen door. I looked around to see the diner was empty of our customers and the chairs were on top of the table while the open side of our sign was facing me. I was shocked at how fast she was able to clean up, she was a professional. I saw her putting her jacket on and switching off the open sign. The chef had already left when I was back there without my knowledge, a man of very few words, and now she was. I was so confused of what was happening. 
 "Well you have someone to meet, so I'll see you tomorrow," she said as she shoved me out the door and handing me my jacket.  
  "Wait, what about my bag?" She turned around to shove the key into the lock, she looked at me for a moment before she began smiling. 
  "He has it, now bye!!!" I stood there for a moment in shock watching her bright jacket fade into the night. I put mine on and walked without a real destination.
  My feet leading the way under the stars barely showing above me. I kept walking until my feet stopped in a spot I wish I wasn't. There he stood looking all around, he had a plain black suit holding a single rose in his hand. His hair still in its usual disheveled way but he made my heart skip a beat at his appearance with my bag next to him. I stood there for a few minutes before I felt that I should go over to him. 
  "Why am I here?" I said quietly to him. He jumped at the sound of my voice behind him. I stood there as he attacked me with a hug. I didn't know what to do while he hugged me until he finally pulled back. He looked at me for a moment before handing me the rose. I took it trying to not be rude and smelled it. 
 I looked at him another time as everything started to spin again. Words were humming again and I felt like I was going to fall. He was probably saying something important as his mouth moved but no words could be heard. 
  Everything was spinning with colors blending together until it all just went black. Everything was black except the red rose in my hand. 
  I felt something cold hit my cheek, my body wouldn't move and I lost all feeling. It was all gone...