Blue Moon

Lover's Moon

 

There's a lover's moon tonight
Shining down on half of this world 
So many souls are in its light
But for me there is just one girl

 

 

 

 

 

Time.

 

How much time has passed since I lost her?Days have become weeks then months turning into years.

 

But did I really lose her?One day she just disappeared as if she never existed.

 

 

 

 

 

She wrote back when Luna turned 1 and every birthday she had since then. During Christmas she’d send cards for her and for me and sometimes when she feels like it she’ll send me letters with anecdotes of how was her day like or her thoughts that she wanted me to know. How she’d spend her nights staring at the moon because it reminded her of our better days and how it gave her comfort that somewhere I was standing under the same sky looking at the same moon.

 

I have never looked at another woman besides Sandara. She wrote to me once that if I wanted a divorce, I should file one. But I didn’t want to and I didn’t want her thinking I’d already given up her. I was as serious in our marriage as I did the day I married her. And I meant it when I told her I’ll always wait for her.

 

Our daughter Luna still doesn’t know about her illness but I intend to when she gets old enough to understand. I can’t hide the truth from her forever. For now her idea of her Mama is someone far away, who writes to her on her birthdays and Christmas, a person she prays for before she goes to sleep. Someone she still has to meet in person because the stories just aren’t enough any more.

 

 

 

 

 

Like her, I spend my nights staring at the moon. I was thinking of her now more than ever, wondering if she’s doing the exact thing. I was holding on to the ring my daughter found that afternoon. To think Sandara said it would be lost but seems all lost things are found eventually. All that was needed is time.

 

 

I decided to go down to the lake for old times’ sake. I rarely visit there anymore since Sandara left. Too many memories of her were there and they still felt raw and painful. But tonight something feels different as if the moon is pulling me there.

 

 

 

 

 

I was approaching the log where we used to sit and saw a figure of a woman sitting there illuminated by the moon, staring out at the lake seemingly waiting for someone.

 

I approached cautiously thinking it was just my imagination. I rubbed my eyes, and she was still there. This was odd to me since no one goes out here at night not since me and her. Unless...

 

She turned to me as if she knew I was there. My heart almost leapt from the confines of my chest. I ran to her and hugged her tight.

 

“You came back!” I managed to choke out, dazed and overcome with happiness.

 

“Didn’t I tell you I always stay true to my words?” she said, almost chiding me, but returning my hug equally tight.

 

We held each other tight. No one wanting to let go first. Words eluded us but we understood each other perfectly.

 

“I waited.” I was lonely and I missed you.

 

“I know.” I’m sorry it took so long and thank you. You didn’t have to but you did. I missed you too.

 

“You’re really here.” Thank you for doing all you could to get back to me, to come home to us.

 

I broke from the hug and took a good look at her, hardly believing it myself. I took her hand and squeezed it gently. I took the ring from my pocket and slipped it on her finger.

 

Her eyes widened in recognition before she broke into a smile.

 

I looked at her with all the tenderness and yearning I have saved up for her. “I love you.” Stay with me.

 

“You already know the answer.” She said as she closed the gap between us.

 

Before our lips touched, I heard her whisper. The same one I promised her.

 

“Always.” I love you too and I’m here to stay.

 

 

 

 

 


 

thank you to the readers, subscribers and the commentators. you make writing a pleasure=)

Another daragon fic finished!

I love old songs because they always sounded sentimental. this story came to me while i was listening to the radio so i just had to write it but i'm sorry it took so long. hopefully, i did it justice.

 

as this story ends, another daragon story unfolds. =)