Chapter 8

87 Steps Back
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

“Say the name Seventeen! Annyeong haseyo Seventeen imnida!” The playful and quirky Seventeen members exclaimed cheerfully towards the whole staff with their matching signature hand gesture as they entered the filming site, smiling from ear to ear.

 

“Seventeen? So there’s 17 of them? But there are only 13 name tags given to us.”  Jungkook mumbled as he turned to Namjoon.

 

“There’s only 13 members. Do you ever watch the TV?” he mumbled as he rolled his eyes at the maknae of their team.

 

“We’re actually divided into three teams, so that makes 3, plus 13 members plus 1 which makes it Seventeen.” Seungcheol politely told them as he smiled shyly.

 

“So these are the monster rookies that everyone’s talking about.” Jongdae mumbled as he smiled at them who seemed to be nervous for their first ever Running Man appearance. Must be because they’re still rookies.

 

Seventeen members just bowed shyly as they heard the compliment.

 

He was about to talk with them some more but then, Yoojin came.

 

“Jongdae-ssi, have you checked the cameras? I heard that camera 5 broke on the way here?” Yoojin asked as she went to Jongdae.

 

“We already asked the interns to bring out the replacement camera. But.. shouldn’t that be Eunsol’s job? Where she? I haven’t seen her around. Is she late?” he asked her as he looked around.

 

It’s been 3 hours since he arrived at the filming site and in those 3 hours, he still hasn’t seen her or her boyfriend.

 

“Oh, she won’t be helping out with Running Man anymore. She specifically asked to be put on Music Bank.” Yoojin answered him before finally walking away to check the other equipments before they start filming.

 

Jongdae jaw dropped at what he just heard. “W-wait!” he exclaimed as he ran towards Yoojin who was on her way towards the technical team.

 

“What is it?” she asked him with an annoyed look.

 

“Why did she… why did she leave Running Man? Why so sudden—”

 

Yoojin shrugged at him. “I don’t really know.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Why are you just sitting blankly there? Hurry up and finish your coffee so we could go. Or else we’ll be late.” Bobby told her as he pinched her cheek to wake her up from her daze.

 

“We won’t be late. We are not going anywhere. Don’t worry.”

 

Bobby sighed. “You haven’t forgotten about the fact that we’re going to Jeju today to film Running Man with your beloved Seventeen and Kim Mingyu right?” he mumbled as he made a face when he mentioned his name.

 

“I realized that it was too much work so I asked someone else to replace us instead.” she told him with a bright smile. “We could just rest today. That’d be great. Should we go to the movies?” she asked him excitedly.

 

“Eunsol…” Bobby trailed off.

 

Eunsol’s eyes brightened in delight. “There’s a newly opened café just a few blocks across the street. Do you want to drop by?”

 

He squinted his eyes at her who’s trying her best to steer away the topic from him. “Did you do this on purpose? Because of him?”

 

Eunsol’s smile faded. She knew that he was now serious and that she shouldn’t play around anymore.  “That’s not it.”

 

“Are you avoid

Please log in to read the full chapter