Chapter 7

87 Steps Back
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“When I first met Eunsol, she hugged me.” Jongdae imitated Bobby with a deep voice but failed to do so. His high pitched voice will never be as deep as that guy’s. And it just made him more anxious.

 

It was already Monday. Three days after he met him. That’s right. It’s been three days but still he can’t seem to accept the fact that Eunsol hugged him when they first met or vice versa. Whatever. It doesn’t matter who hugged who.

 

 

 

He’s still jealous about it.

 

 

 

“Hugged me my . When we first met, Eunsol immediately asked me out.” He mumbled to himself proudly, remembering how shy she was when she asked him out.

 

“Yeah. Sure. She did hug you, but she asked me out when we first met. That like five hundred times a lot more better.” Jongdae mumbled with a huge grin, suddenly feeling happy.

 

“What are you doing, mumbling stupid things to yourself in the morning?” his officemate, Taehyung asked as he walked inside the office and sat next to Jongdae.

 

Jongdae eyed him coldly. “I am trying my best to boost my self confidence here. Can you please try not to interfere?” Jongdae told him as he faked a smile.

 

Taehyung smiled back. “I already tried but couldn’t. Sorry.”

 

“Aish. Why are you so early today? You’re normally late right? Why don’t you just go out first and come back later?” Jongdae exclaimed at him.

 

Kim Taehyung is usually late. How come he’s so early today of all days?

 

Taehyung then sat beside him with a wide grin. “The truth is, I’m here to ask you a favor.” He mumbled as his tone completely changed from his normal cold tone to a much, much more polite one since he’s actually asking for a favor.

 

Jongdae gave him a look, having a bad feeling from what Taehyung is talking about. “What is it?”

 

Taehyung smiled at him. And it didn’t fail to make Jongdae more anxious than ever.

 

“Just tell me dammit!” he exclaimed as he scratched the back of his head in irritation. He really hated these kind of conversations. Really.

 

“You …know Running Man right?” Taehyung asked him.

 

Jongdae’s eyes widened as he gaped at his friend. “Oh my gosh. Big no Kim Taehyung. I would never dare try to be a part of Running Man’s team. There’s too much work there. I’m fine here with Music Bank.”

 

“There’s going to be a meeting later with the other—“

 

“I said I don’t want to.” Jongdae whined at him.

 

“But I already wrote your name. Sorry.”  Taehyung mumbled half-heartedly. He didn’t look sorry at all. “Don’t forget about the meeting later. Okay? 1:30 PM at the conference hall. Since Pledis Productions declined our request, we’ll be with Moonshot Productions this time.” Jihoon told him.

 

“Why did you write my name—wait. Moonshot?” Jongdae whispered as he smiled to himself. That’s where Eunsol works. Does that mean…

 

“Who am I working with? What’s the name of the Creative Associate?“

 

Taehyung gave it a thought before answering. He didn’t really read the memo. When he knew that it was Running Man, he immediately wrote Jongdae’s name so that he wouldn’t get picked. He was not really paying attention to the memo but he caught a small glimpse of it.

 

“I think it’s Park something.” Taehyung mumbled as his forehead creased. He was not really sure about the first name but he clearly saw the last name.

 

Jongdae’s smile widened. “Is it Park Eunsol?” he asked.

 

Taehyung nodded. “Kind of. I’m not really sure.” He said as he scratched his head.

 

“Oh my gosh. Kim Taehyung you’re heaven sent you know that? This is probably the best thing you’ve ever done for me!” Jongdae suddenly exclaimed as he hugged Taehyung happily.

 

“You mean me signing you up for Running Man?” Taehyung asked him with a confused look plastered on his face.

 

Jongdae completely ignored what he just said and went straight towards the door. “See you later.”

 

 

 

Meeting her again like this, this really must be fate. He thought as he smiled to himself. Fate is leading us back together. Right?

 

 

Right.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Where are you? The meeting’s starting soon.” Eunsol mumbled on the phone as she took out her notebook and pen since she’ll be taking down notes for the meeting.

 

“Sorry. I’m stuck in traffic. I think I’ll be there in like 30 minutes.”

 

“It’s okay. But did you eat lunch yet?” she asked him. When she left the office Bobby was busy sorting out possible locations for the show so she thinks that he hasn’t eaten yet.

 

“I’ll eat after the meeting.”

 

And she was right. Kim Bobby has not yet eaten anything since this morning.

 

“You should atleast buy a bread or something.” Eunsol told him worriedly.

 

“But I’m not—“

 

“How many times do I have to tell you not to starve yourself?!”

 

“The light’s turning green now. See you later. Love you! Bye!”

 

“Wait. Bobby. Yah.” Eunsol tried to call him but it was no use. He already ended the call. “Aish.” She mumbled to herself as she shook her head in disappointment.

 

That guy really. He’s such a baby. When he gets here, I’ll really give him an earful.

Please log in to read the full chapter