Chapter 6

87 Steps Back
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“This is my best-est friend, Lee Jieun.  We’ve known each other since we were in elementary.” Eunsol said as she slung her thin am around Jieun.

 

Bobby nodded with a bright smile as he shook her hand. Bestfriend. He mentally made a note on his head as he stared at her.

 

Jieun seemed like the type who’s really really kind but turns into a 360 degree change when she’s provoked or something, So he's kind of scared of her.

 

“And this is her boyfriend, Zhang Yixing. He’s Chinese.” Eunsol continued as she pointed to the awkward Chinese guy standing beside Jieun.

 

Bobby took out his hand to shake his with a smile. Bestfriend’s Boyfriend.

 

Yixing gave him an awkward smile as he shook his hand. And Bobby thought that maybe this guy is just awkward when it comes to introductions and such but he felt like they'll get along well.

 

“And, the birthday boy is Kim Minseok. Eventhough he’s already 26, he still looks as if he’s in his early 20’s. Isn’t that unfair?” Eunsol whined as she sent Minseok a fake frown.

 

Minseok smiled as he ruffled her hair. Bobby shook his hand, as usual. Friend. Normal Friend. He thought as he watched Minseok interact with her. And he realized that Eunsol was right. This guy looked a lot younger than he should.

 

Lastly, Eunsol introduced the guy he knew the most.

 

Kim Jongdae.

 

“And this little troll right here is Kim Jongdae.”  Eunsol said as he pointed to Jongdae who didn’t seem to like her little intro of him.

 

Bobby walked towards him and offered his hand. Jongdae took it with a small smile while mouthing a quiet ‘Nice to meet you’ to him.

 

“I think I should be thanking you.” Was what he said as he shook his hand.

 

Shock was present in Jongdae’s face as he turned to Bobby. We only met today. What is he talking about? Thank me? For what?

 

A sly smile was formed on Bobby’s lips as he chuckled a bit. “Thank you for breaking up with her.”

 

Bobby meant it as a joke. Nothing else. He didn’t mean to harm him or his feelings. In fact he wanted to befriend him in any possible way.

 

But Jongdae didn’t see his simple joke as a joke. Sure, he did laugh because it’d be awkward if he would not. “You’re welcome.” Was his short reply before turning to Minseok beside him and whispering ‘so annoying.’ to his friend. Minseok nudged him, telling him to be quiet or else they’ll hear him.

 

Right then and there, he knew that Kim Jiwon and Kim Jongdae were never going to be friends. Ever.

 

Just how could he thank him for breaking up with her?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“So how did the two of you meet?” Yixing finally asked what he was wanting to ask them for a while now. He really wanted to talk to Eunsol's boyfriend to know him better but it feels like he's betraying Jongdae if he does so. But maybe a single question wouldn't hurt right?

 

“She transferred to our company and on the first day we met…” He suddenly stopp

Please log in to read the full chapter