Chapter 4

87 Steps Back
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

“Who are you?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Eunsol blinked at him. Once. Twice. Thrice. Did she accidentally mistake him as Kim Jongdae? She asked herself as she stared at him, watching his each and every feature.

 

His eyes. His nose. The corners of his lips.

 

There was no mistaking it. This guy is definitely Kim Jongdae.

 

 But why  would he say something like that?

 

Is it possible that he couldn’t recognize me anymore? She thought as she hesitantly touched her right cheek. Did I get too fat that he couldn’t recognize me anymore? But Jiwon told me that I didn’t get fat though.

 

She turned back to him and tried to talk to him again. “It’s me. Eunsol.” She said as she patted on her chest trying to make him remember who she was in case he already forgot. "Park Eunsol."

 

Jongdae tilted his head to the side as if he’s trying to figure out who she is. “Eunsol?”

 

“You…” Eunsol mumbled as she bit her lower lip. “Do you really not know me?” she asked as she stared at him in the eyes and she couldn’t detect a glint of mischief in it like before. Jongdae's known for his pranks and all. But this time, she couldn't see if he was trying to play a prank on her or not.

 

But this couldn’t be happening. How could he not know her.. right?

 

And as if he could read what was going o inside her mind, “Actually, I got into an accident a few weeks ago. And I lost my memories because of it.” He said as he smiled awkwardly at her. “So what was your name again?”

 

Eunsol stared blankly at him. “That’s really not funny Kim Jongdae.”

 

Her lips turned into a small pout as she frowned. She seemed to be saddened by what she just heard and Jongdae didn’t want that. Even though it’s kind of cute, he never liked seeing her sad.

 

So he immediately smiled and tried to lighten up the mood by admitting that he was lying. “Sorry. Were you scared?” he asked her with a sly smile.

 

Seeing that smile, she knew that he was just messing around with her, just like how he always does before.

 

Eunsol narrowed her eyes at him. “Who wouldn’t be?!” she exclaimed at him. Who the heck wouldn’t be worried if someone said the same thing?

 

Jongdae just smiled as he gripped on the handle of his cart. It was nothing special but still it made him happy knowing that she still cares for him. Even the tiniest bit.

 

 

 

“How have you been?”

“Are you eating well?”

“Where do you work now?”

“Why did you suddenly come back?”

“Why are you with him?”

“Do you really love him?”

“What about me?”

 

 

 

A lot of questions were running inside his head and he’s thinking of just asking her one since she might think he’s too annoying for asking so many questions. And he made up his mind on asking how she has been since that seemed the most normal to him. He was just about to ask her that when he noticed her staring at him weirdly.

 

Must’ve been because of his clothes.

 

Jongdae coughed as he tried to look calm. “Since you’ve been in another country for so long, you’ve missed out a lot of things in Korea. It may not look like it but, these clothes are the hottest trends right now. Everyone here in Korea are going crazy for these kind of clothes.” Jongdae explained as he pointed to his weird clothes.

 

“Is that so?” Eunsol nodded, trying her best to stop herself from laughing. But she knew that she couldn’t help herself and she suddenly bursts out laughing because of what he had said. He’s still the same as before. Same old Kim Jongdae.

 

Jongdae stared at her. Everything still feels like a dream to him. Yesterday, he’s at the airport waiting for her, and now she’s here, laughing with him.

 

How long was it

Please log in to read the full chapter