Chapter 5

87 Steps Back
Please log in to read the full chapter

Minseok opened the door with his left eye, still closed. He was not even surprised to see Jongdae standing at his doorstep. The moment the doorbell rang loudly, he knew it was him.

 

“You’re ing early.” He commented as he frowned.

 

Jongdae smiled at him as he made his way inside Minseok’s house without even thinking twice. He then plopped into the sofa with a bright smile. “I couldn’t wait for long so I decided to come by early.” Was his calm reply.

 

It was Minseok’s birthday. And, he invited Eunsol. The best part? She said she’ll come. Yixing and Jieun also promised to come but it’s not really none of Jongdae’s business.

 

His main goal today would be to talk to Eunsol. A nice talk would compensate for his stupid act back then at the mart. He’d ask her how she’s been doing and then.. slowly, she’d be reminded that Kim Jongdae is such a loss to her so she’ll break up with that guy who has no eyes and then they’d be together again. That’s his plan. The ‘Snatch-Away-Park-Eunsol Plan.

 

“Did you even bring a gift for me?” Minseok asked him with a judging stare. Coming here at 5:00 in the morning and disturbing his sleep like this, he should atleast have something for him right?

 

Jongdae made a face at him. “We’re not kids anymore. Why do you need a gift?”

 

“So you didn’t even get me one? You really….”

 

Before Mnseok could get closer t him to hit him, Jongdae already stopped him. “I have a gift for you. Did you really think I’d come empty-handed huh? Of course not. I’m not that cheap.” Jongdae mumbled as he took out a small piece of paper from his pocket and handed it to Minseok proudly. “Here. Happy Birthday Seok-ah.”

 

Minseok opened the messily folded paper and read what was written inside.

 

 

“I sincerely pray to the dating Gods up above to let you meet someone so that you won’t be so bitter about me wanting to have Eunsol back again. Please send him someone who’s caring. It wouldn’t hurt if she’s also pretty.”

 

 

 

“What’s with these?! You should’ve just gotten me a few coupons.” Minseok exclaimed as he threw the paper back to Jongdae.

 

Jongdae quickly caught it with his right hand while giving Minseok a hard glare. “You ungrateful little bun. I’m wishing for you to get yourself a girlfriend soon. Isn’t that the best gift ever?” Why is he acting as if he doesn’t need it when he badly does.

 

Minseok just shook his head. His best friend is really crazy. “You’re being ridiculous. Just help me tidy up the house later and—“

 

“J.” Jongdae suddenly blurted out loud.

 

Minseok eyed him weirdly. “Seriously. What the hell is wrong with you?” Coming here at this hour, giving him prayers as a gift how weird can he get?

 

“J is the first letter.” Jongdae told him with a serious tone. “You’re girlfriend’s name will definitely start with ‘J’” Jongdae announced proudly as if he has seen the future or have read the prophecy somewhere else.

 

Minseok narrowed his eyes at Jongdae. “It better not be you.”

 

Jongdae shakes his head at him with a disgusted look in his face. “Definitely not. I have Eunsol.” Jongdae told him.

 

Minseok smiled teasingly. “You don’t have her though. She’s with someone else.”

 

“YAH!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“We’re here!” Jieun and Yixing chimed as Jongdae opened the door for them. Jongdae gave out a half-hearted smile as he motioned for them to come inside.

 

“Minseok’s preparing something at the kitchen. Have a seat.”

 

How can these two be so happy together when Eunsol and I broke up. Psh. Life is so unfair. Yixing met Jieun because of me. Because I was Eunsol’s boyfriend. But look at them now. They’re now at their fourth year. Jongdae thought as he sat on the vacant chair and eyed them. And all of a sudden he’s feeling very envious of t

Please log in to read the full chapter