Save Me! (Final part)

One shot stories compilation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Shhh.... Quiet you two! Come in! Faster!” Both Junho and Kim Bum dumbfounded when Soeun quickly ushered them into the room. She closed the door and locked it in panic. She breathed in relief before she felt she was being dragged and engulfed in hugged by her two best friends.

“Emmm... guys, I can’t breathed.. guys... “said Soeun while tapping their back. “Ops, mian (sorry) Soeun-ah...” said Junho. Kim Bum just sheepishly smiled. Soeun gestured for them to sit on the chairs in front of the table and showed them the book.

“What is this?” asked Kim Bum while looking at the book absentmindedly. Soeun pushed the book further towards her friends. Both Kim Bum and Junho leant forward and started reading the book. “Let’s see... emm... entry #125. For now I was hiding from ‘Him’. Fortunately, I was able to escape from the house today, even just for a moment. His power is still weak but if he continuously torturing me and my sister, I’m sure we will not be able to escape again. Though he was my brother, I don’t know him anymore. Power and greed have taken over his heart. He is searching for souls to consumed them and become immortal. No, I must stop this. An innocent soul should not be sacrificed for his evil deed. Most importantly, I was able to find our Master. He knew my brother would eventually consume by darkness but he didn’t expect it to be this soon. He explained to me that he had a feeling my brother had stole Book of the Dark from the council’s secret chamber since the book was missing and chaos was erupted within the council’s members. The book was banned from being practised as it inflicted more harm than good. But the good news is that the book was not complete and there’s a way to seal the book forever together with its user” Junho stopped reading at this sentence and looked at Kim Bum before looking at Soeun. Soeun gestured for them to continue reading.

“Master told me that the blood of a powerful soul experiencing an endless dream mixes with purified water is the thing that I need to seal the book. The mixture of both must be drop onto the Book of the Dark exactly during sunrise and at the same time the user of the book must be exposed to the sunlight during sunrise. However, he also warn me that using wrong soul could affect the body and can only be recovered when the book is sealed. He gives me the purified water and told me to use it wisely. Only a drop of it is powerful enough to defeat my brother. I couldn’t understand the word inside the box though. But I hope my soul is enough to defeat him. I will try to seal him tomorrow though I have bad feeling that I will fail and get myself killed. By this entry, I hope someone will be succeeded in sealing my brother if ever my attempt fails me. Save my soul, save your soul and save my brother’s soul from falling deeper into darkness. Though he is evil, I still love him. ‘He’ was a kind soul at first before evil consumed him. Oh, before I forget, when mixing the blood with the water, a spell must be chanted. “Oh magical blood, magical water. Grant me your aid, grant me your power. Seal those evil and darkness into magical light, repair the broken being and return them into nature”. Pray for my success and I shall pray yours. Park Jungsoo. 1912.” the library fell into silence as Junho finished reading the entry. Both men still contemplate on the information.

“Obviously, he failed, didn’t he? Our friends are missing and I bet those pictures in that album were the people that his brother took to make them suffer” said Kim Bum in a daze. Both Junho and Soeun looked at him and nodded in sorrow. All of them felt sad upon realizing the sacrifice made by this Park Jungsoo in order to stop his evil brother. Kim Bum put the box in his hand onto the table. “I think this is the purified water Park Jungsoo had mentioned in the entry” said Kim Bum while pushing the box towards Soeun. Soeun opened the box and saw the bottle. She brought her hand to touch the bottle. The moment she touched it, the water glowed in bluish colour albeit weak. She retracted her finger in shocked and glanced towards Changmin. Apparently, the man has been quiet the whole time. Changmin also expressed a shock reaction to the event.

“But how did you find the book Soeun-ah?” asked Junho. “Oh, my friend here showed it to me” said Soeun while gestured towards Changmin. What she didn’t know is that both Kim Bum and Junho couldn’t see Changmin. Both looked towards the empty space Soeun showed and turned to her in confused. “What friend? I didn’t see anyone there” said Kim Bum as a matter of fact. Soeun furrowed her brows in question. ‘They can’t see him? Why? How can I see him if they can’t?’ she thought while moving towards Changmin and hold his hands tightly. She closed her eyes and thought the way she could show her man to her friends. They needed him, she needed him while trying to defeat the evil man. ‘Please, I want you by side’ she thought desperately. She heard a gasped and opened her eyes. Instead of her become invisible when she touched Changmin, he had become visible to the eyes of her friends and she could feel his flesh instead of a breeze. She was overwhelmed by this and hugged the man tightly, afraid that this was just a dream.

“Soeun-ah, I’m here. I’m not going anywhere” Changmin’s soothing voice calmed her. She released him and turned towards her friends. “This is Changmin, one of the souls that trapped in this house for years. Apparently, Park Jungsoo was right. His brother has become powerful since they can’t escape from this mansion” said Soeun.

“Hi. I’m Junho and this is Kim Bum. I don’t know what to say but I am sorry for your situation” said Junho, sincere. Changmin nodded and smiled. Kim Bum also smiled but turned serious abruptly. “Soeun-ah, how did you do that? How can you make Changmin-ssi appears like that? Did you know him before because you look close to him?” asked Kim Bum, serious. Soeun contemplated a moment in order to tell her friends in simple way.

“Emm, I have always had a repeated dreamed about Changmin oppa since I moved here. So, you can say that I have known him for a long time before actually see him. And I didn’t know how I make him visible. I just thought that I need him by my side to defeat the evil man. Why did you ask, Bum-ah?” explained Soeun. Kim Bum smiled after heard Soeun’s explanation. ‘She the one’ he thought.

“Did you remember about the entry? Park Jungsoo wrote we need a powerful soul with endless dream. It must mean a repeated dream continuously appear every time someone’s asleep. You have that and I believe you must be the powerful soul as you could influence Changmin’s soul to appear in front of us” explained Kim Bum, excitedly. The other three froze when they heard that and a smiled appeared on Changmin’s face.

“That’s right! You are the one, Seoun-ah. You can save me! You can save us! You can defeat ‘Him’!” said Changmin brightly. Soeun looked shocked. Yes, she did want to save them but she didn’t really think she had that ability. “I’m the one? But...” before she could deny the statement, Junho had interrupted her.  “No but Soeun-ah. I’m sure of it and I believe in Bum’s deduction. Don’t you trust us Soeun-ah? Or at least trust yourself?” asked Junho while looking straight at his best friend. Soeun looked towards the three important men in her life. She sighed.

“Alright, I believe you. Besides, I’ve been meaning to save them anyways the moment I saw the evil man tortured our friends” said Soeun, smiling courageously. The three men looked at her. However, Changmin had started to disappear again from Kim Bum and Junho. “Hyung!”.

“It’s okay. I still can see him. As state

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter