Save Me! (Part 1)

One shot stories compilation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Soeun sighs for the nth time. Why did she agree to go along with her friend’s stupid plan again? She knows she will regret this sooner or later as she looks at scene in front of her. She looks beside her and sees the determined looks on her friend’s face. She glances behind her and sees the same expression on her other five friends. ‘Am I the only one having a second thought about this plan?’ she thought.

Currently, they are in front of an abandoned mansion. The mansion is near their neighbourhood. That mansion was already abandoned when she moved to her current house and that was 15 years ago when she was 9 years old. When she compares the condition of the mansion now and then, only one word appears in her mind. Creepier.

From the place she is standing, it is evidence that the mansion is surrounding by wild trees and grass, and most of the mansion’s walls are covered with green dark moss, making it looks like a scene out of a horror movie except this is real. She loves horror movie but to experience the horror itself, she doubts about it.

“Woah!!! This is awesome! I didn’t know you house is near this rumoured mansion, Soeun-ah” Kim Bum cannot hide his excitement upon seeing the mansion. Soeun rolls her eyes hearing the comment from Kim Bum. Song Jaerim, Go Ara, Lee Yoobi, Lee Junho and Kang Haneul can only smirk for that. The seven of them are known in their campus for always being together. Having different courses and interests do not stop them from hanging out together.

They have known each other from taekwondo club with Jaerim and Junho as the top member as they are already “sam dan” or 3rd level of the black belt while the rest of their gang all posses either 1st or 2nd level black belt. However, when it comes to adventure activities that they always attempt to do, the credits go to Kim Bum. With his absurd and ridiculous ideas, they always challenge themselves while having fun doing it. Some of his ideas sometimes are awesome and sometimes would only give them troubles. Like the situation they are right now.  

“Wait. Rumoured mansion?” asks Yoobi. Kim Bum nods excitedly. The others are also showing some interests upon hearing that. Soeun just sighs. Somehow, the regret she has getting deeper since she was the one telling about the mansion to Kim Bum few days before though she also doesn’t know the story of that mansion before she told Kim Bum about it. Turns out Kim Bum had heard about the story of that mansion from his high schools friend that had moved to his neighbourhood. That friend once lived in neighbourhood next to Soeun but went different high school than her. She of course doesn’t know the person Kim Bum talking about. She also doesn’t care about that mansion’s story before this although she had seen it countless time in day time. ‘Why the mansion looks very scary compared to the day?’ she thought. 

“Yes, there’s a rumour going around during my high school about this mansion. A friend who had lived here before moving to my neighbourhood had told me about the story. He said a group of seniors from Soeun’s high school had attempt a dare to test their bravery by going inside the mansion at midnight. However, the next day, only one person was found at the door step of the mansion. The others’ presence could not be detected till today. The cops tried to ask him what happen on that night and where are the others. But he was silent and started to smile, laugh, cry and afraid all of sudden. Then, he was sent to the psychiatric hospital and no one ever hear from him again” tells Kim Bum.

“Err guys... Are you sure we want to move on with this plan? After hearing that story, I suddenly have a second thought about it” said Yoobi with a worried expression. “Oh come on. It’s just a rumor. I’m sure the situation never happens and somebody exaggerated just to make the story interesting” Jaerim counters back. “I agree” Go Ara said. “Me too” said Junho, smirking. Both Soeun and Yoobi look at each other with unsure expression.

“Well, what are we waiting for? Let’s go!” saod Kim Bum who immediately charges and open the gate to the mansion excitedly. A sudden rush of wind blows when the gate was open. Soeun stops walking to organize back her hair and accidentally looks at her watch. It is 00:00 and precisely a midnight time. Soeun looks in front and sees how excited her friends are when entering the gate. Even Yoobi has a smile on her face. She has a bad feeling about this and though she wants to catch up with her friends, her body doesn’t seem wants to move and she herself still hesitating about this adventure. “Yah, Soeun-ah! What are you soing? Come on !!!” Junho shouts at her. She looks back at her group and sees everyone is waiting for her. She shakes her head and starts walking.

As she steps into the mansion and passing the gate, she can smell a flowery fragrance. However, when she tries to smell it again, no such fragrance invades her nose. ‘Maybe Ara wears a perfume tonight’ she thought positively. They look around while walking to the front door of the mansion. The whole front yard of the mansion is full with bushes and grasses as high as Soeun’s waist. The group arrive to the front door of the mansion.

They looked at each other and motioned for someone to open the door. Haneul gulped loudly and moved forward. He gripped the door’s handle and pushed open the door. “Creaaaak...!” the sound from the door echoed through the empty mansion. The group surveyed the condition inside the mansion from outside but they couldn’t see anything as it beyond pitch dark. Kim Bum gave a signal. Every one of them pulls out their own torch light and lighted it up. Kim Bum leads the way with Yoobi clinging to his arm. Soeun realized that Yoobi had a scared expression. Go Ara then proceeds to follow the pair with Jaerim followed right behind her. “Yah, wait up, Ara-yah!” he whispers to her in a hurry. Junho, Soeun and Haneul stay close while following the rest of the group. They flash here and there, trying to make up their way and look for the things inside the mansion.

“Haneul-ah, don’t you feel cold? Why is it so cold suddenly?” asked Junho while zipping up his jacket. “You’re right, hyung. Before you mention it, I didn’t feel anything but suddenly it becomes so cold in here. But it’s only the beginning of autumn. It shouldn’t get cold like this” answers Haneul. He is also trying to reduce his cold by putting his hands in the pocket. Soeun just stays close with Junho, trying to get warm by his body heat. The bad feeling in her heart getting stronger and she feels the need to run away from the mansion.

“Hey, where’s Ara and Jaerim?” asks Kim Bum, appearing in the trio’s sight so sudden. The three of them shrieked and this made Kim Bum and Yoobi also scream in surprise. The situation is funny enough to be laughed but since they are in a creepier place, the laughs not coming out instead their fear has heightened. “Yah, Kim Bum

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter