My seatmate

One shot stories compilation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

His POV          

            He just looks at the new student silently. Her style is very much different than other female students in the school. While other girls are styling their hair and put a bit of makeup, trying to look cute and pretty, she just tying up her hair in a ponytail and her face is clean without any trace of chemicals. He notices that while she is being introduced by the homeroom teacher, some of his classmates show their interest while some just doing their stuffs, ignoring her, particularly the group of gossip girls at the back. He stays aloof, showing his usual poker face although still observing the new girl. However, he is stunned when she smiles for the first time. Now, he knows why she does not bother to wear any makeup. She looks radiant enough only with her smile. When he looks around again, he notes that some of the guys are also mesmerized by her smile, noticing her charm.

            “Hi, can I sit here? Mr Ji said this sit is empty” startles, he just stares at the new student. His friend, just behind his sit, coughing loudly, tries to wake him up from his trance. He blinks his eyes before nodding slowly. He mesmerized again as she smiles at him, showing her appreciation. As she settles herself, he observes her again from the corner of his eyes while pretending to pay attention to Mr Ji. He tries to hold his chuckle when he notices her clumsy actions. Other girls will at least try to act elegantly and gently when sitting next to a boy but she just roughly pulls her notebook and her pen and in the process making her other stuffs falling to the floor. He can also hear her cursing lightly before she bends down to retrieve her stuffs.

            “I’m Amber. You are...?” she asks him while offering a handshake. He tries to stay aloof but still accepting her hand while answering, “Choi Siwon”.

 

Her POV

            She feels really nervous. She just transfers to her new neighbourhood, thanks to her dad for having a rise to a new position, leaving all her best friends behind. This is also means a new school for her. Right now, she is standing outside of her class-to-be, waiting for her homeroom teacher. She also notices that other students are glancing at her and whispering something. She distracts herself by trying up her hair in a ponytail. She grumbles about it as she likes her hair short but have no time to cut it. She was busied tidying up her rooms and offers help to her parents around the house. Her brothers just helping her a little before disappear from the house, trying to familiarize with the area as an excuse. She scoffs when remembering about them. “What a great brothers they are”.

            She stands straight when notices a middle-age man comes towards her. Must be her homeroom teacher, she thought. He wears a spectacle and introduces himself as Mr Ji Suk Jin. He looks smart and she knows instantly the subject he teaches when she looks at the books that he carries. History... She sighs inwardly.

            “Come, follow me”, Mr Ji said kindly to her. She just nods her head before following the steps of her homeroom teacher.

            “Okay, quiet down guys. Take your sit” Mr Ji waits patiently for the class to settle down before he speaks again. She feels a stare comes towards her from the row on her left. She glances a bit and notices a guy with a poker face. But from her brief glances, she also notices how the boy gives out an elegance aura. “Must be a rich boy” she thought.  

            “We have a new transferred student today. She transfers to this school following her father’s job replacement. So, I’ll let her introduced herself. Amber” Mr Ji signals her to start. She smiles before starts speaking.

            “Anneyonghaseyo. My name is Amber Josephine Lee or Lee Eunyoung. You guys can call me Amber. I like to play basketball and skate board. I hope we can be friends. That’s all for now” she tries to cover her nervousness by being cheerful. But while introducing herself, she notices that some are interested to know her and some just ignoring her, especially the cutesy girlish group at the back.

            “Thank you Amber. Luna, please raise your hand. That is Luna, our class assistant monitor. Luna, can you show her around the school after class? Thank you so much. You can sit behind Luna. The table is empty since the student sitting there was also transferred to other school. Oh, guys. Be nice” Mr Ji warns other students lastly in his gentle but strict voice. Amber again just nods to all things that Mr Ji explaining to her. She moves towards her table and realizes that her sit is beside the boy that stares at her earlier. She also realizes that the girls at the back are giving her furious and envious stares when hearing her appointed sit. She just ignores the stares and greets the boy.

            “Hi, can I sit here? Mr Ji said this sit is empty” the boy looks at her with a blank long stare. She startles and feels really uncomfortable with his stare before glancing around restlessly. A boy sitting behind their seats gives a loud cough and she smiles at him, feeling thankful with the help. What she doesn’t notice is that the boy starts to blush with her smile. She turns towards her seatmate as he blinks and nods slowly to her. She smiles at him, appreciate that he accept her as his seatmate. She settles herself and pulls her notebook out. However, since she is rushing this morning, she just throws all her stuffs recklessly in the bag which makes them being pulled out together with the book and scatters onto the floor. She curses lightly before bending down to retrieve her stuffs back.

            She tries to pay attention to Mr Ji as history is her weakest subject. Surprisingly, Mr Ji’s teaching method is fun and makes it easy for her to understand. She sighs after the first period is over and while waiting for the next teacher to come in, she turns towards her seatmate. He stills had that poker face on while scribbling something in his book.

            “I’m Amber. You are...?” she introduces herself again. Well, at least she needs to be nice to her seatmate right? She put out her right hand for a handshake. She is suddenly aware of the stares from the girls at the back. What’s up with them?

            “Choi Siwon” the boy said before accepting my hand. She also thinks she hears a gasp when the boy names Siwon grasp her hand. Thank goodness but the poker face is still on huh? Amber smiles at him before releases her hand from his grasp as a teacher comes into the room. What an interesting school, she thought before paying attention to the teacher.

 

Author’s POV

            Four months has passed in a blink from the time Amber becomes a student in this school. She stills trying to adapt herself with the school’s culture but with her new friends help, she gets better in adapting. With her cheerful and easygoing characters, she makes a lot of friends and becomes a little bit popular among the seniors and juniors in the school. She has joins taekwondo and basketball teams for her clubs and found herself two new best friends, Luna and Kim Ki Bum aka Key. Both are the opposite characters from her, with Luna acting all gentle and kind and Key with his loudness and sarcastic ways. But she loves both of them. They will into protective mode whenever she is being disturbed by Choi Siwon’s fanclub.

            Speaking of Choi Siwon, she suddenly feels so pissed off. When he appears blank on the first day, she had thought he was a nice guy. Turns out, he likes to annoy her to hell. His friend, Minho, also doesn’t understand why he acts like that towards her as he told her that Siwon tends to avoid the other girls and acts with manner when talking to them. She scoffs when Minho told her that. Although they like to bicker, Amber found herself attracting to him.Speaking of the devils, here he comes.

            “Yo Am. Have you found someone for the dance? Ah, right. I forgot. With appearance like a boy, I don’t think someone will ask you. Hahahaha....” Siwon teases her. He knows he sometimes becomes overboard with his teasing but he can’t help it when Amber becomes so cute with her pout and red face. She had cut her hair short a few weeks after she came here. Surprisingly, it suits her. She looks so cute with that hair style and it makes him wants to run his fingers through it. He was shocked when he discovers his desires and all the teasing he makes are an act to cover it. By the way, the Christmas dance party is approaching and all students are busy, trying to find themselves a partner.

            “For your information Mr Choi Siwon-ssi, I did received invitations but still not decided yet. Hah, disappointed that I have admirers, Siwon-ssi? Why? Are you going to ask me and be my white knight?” Amber teases Siwon back when she notices his shocked face. It’s true that she has received some invitation from the guys, mostly from her clubs and there are also from some seniors and juniors that she doesn’t even know. She stills not making any choice as she thinks of ditching the dance. Back to the current situation, she feels giddy when seeing his reaction but disappointed immediately when hears his reply.

            “What?! Are you crazy Am? Why should I invite you when there’re a lot of other girls I can choose to go with me? Enough talking. I’ll see you in class” he walks away from her while his hands. Choi Siwon, without thinking, letting his anger takes over himself and doesn’t notice Amber’s disappointment. He knows what he felt is called jealousy. He also knows she becomes really popular as she seems to click with other people easily but he didn’t think that she will receive many invitations. Suddenly, his chance to become her partner seems bleak and with his sarcastic words just now, he was sure she will reject him if ever he asks her to go to the dance.   

            After school, he walks slowly towards the gymnasium but he pause his steps when he realizes Amber is talking to Minho. Both are in the basketball teams and become closer when Minho helps her in training. Siwon creeps slowly towards them and hides behind a wall nearest to their places. He tries to hear their conversation.

            “Yah, you are very terrible Minho. How can you reject her without a glance? She is pretty much flaunting her intention to date you to everyone” he hears her said that to Minho. Must be talking about Krystal, he thought.

            “Eww, no way. I’m not gonna date her ever in my life. If I want to date someone, I will search for a girl like....you” Minho whispered very slow at the end of his sentences but Siwon hears it clearly and feels the jealousy creeping up again.

            “What? Like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter