His Thoughts and Her Heart

Vulnerable

It’s been more than 2 months since the school year started and everyone has finished their first term. As they go along each day of it everyone grew closer other than Minji to Mino and Jiyong. The first time that she knew about Jiyong was only when Mino introduced him as his brother which gave her a shock since they had different last names. More over, the fact that they were in the same school for a year. But it didn't really matter for her since she has decided to drop them for some reason only Chaerin, Seungyoon and Taehyun know. Mino on the other hand kept on thinking why Minji was cold to them especially him, but was really close to the others especially Seunghoon. She has told him that she likes dancing but was not supported by her parents. It does make him jealous at times but he’s sure that his friend is not going to compete with him. The only thing that he holds on to is that he still gets to talk to her at time even though her answers are as if she was answering in a game show. As for Youngbae, he was just so happy that Dara will go back and do her regular school work but was a bit sad that he’s not going to see her often. The same last day their term they decided to hang out after they finished school to decide on where to go for the short break along.

 

“Ahh I haven’t been in this café for quite a while now.” Youngbae said.

 

“Yeah… me too. I gotta go back to doing my part time here since my school assessment is done and I’m back to regular college work.” Dara followed which made Youngbae smile widely as he got a hint of how to see her.

 

“So what should we do this time?” Jiyong asked.

 

“You do whatever, I’m just gonna follow you guys halfway cause I need to stay. Cause my Mom and dad has a business trip for two days and I need to look after my little sister.” Top said.

 

“Ahh… why don’t you just bring her along?” Chaerin asked.

 

“And go all over the place to catch a little monkey? No way!” He replied. At that everybody laughed.

 

“Whatever it is, I’m still not gonna come.” Minji muttered.

 

“What was that? You’re gonna be a kill joy again?” Chaerin exclaimed.

 

“No. I just needed to rest.”She replied.

 

“Oh c’mon! Last year we had to hang out at where? N-O-W-H-E-R-E… even thought the d… uhmmm mmm mm…” Seungyoon complain as Chaerin covered his mouth to what he was about to babble while Minji and Taehyun glared at him and kicked his leg secretly.

 

“What was that?” Mino asked Minji in confusion.

 

“None of your business, that is.” Minji answered with a poker face.

 

“Aisshhh… I don’t even get why you’re mad at me and I sure know that you remember me even if you deny it but this is just enough. What is wrong with you?” Mino pointed out.

 

“None of your business, I said. Why do you have to be nosy?” Minji blurted.

 

“You’re just a scared cat, there’s gotta be something wrong.” Mino said further.

 

“There is none!” She enunciated. As the two kept arguing Chaerin and Taehyun knew that they had to break it for Minji’s sake.

 

“You two! Since you’ve met each other, you did nothing but argue!” Jinwoo shouted which made everyone silent as they were surprised that the quietest one of all burst out. The silent was cut off when the two denied the statement which shocked everyone in the room mostly Mino and Jiyong.

 

“See! You’re just denying me! Are you scared that you might fall for me?” Mino even pointed more with a smirk in his face as if he was teasing Minji.

 

“I am not scared and I’ll prove it! Tell me wherever you all decided to go and I’ll definitely come! Let’s go Chaerin, Taehyun!” She boasted as the three left with Seungyoon who was being dragged by Taehyun just to make sure that he’s going to keep his mouth shut to whatever he knows while the others was left in confusion as to what they were trying to keep. As they walked further away, Minji was so devastated at Taehyun who eventually blabbered out all the things he needs to know about them specially her. All the while she doesn't really care, but she just wanted to be really extra careful about spilling out details to anyone at school now that Mino is there.

 

The next day, almost four hours away from Seoul is Seunghoon’s family rest house in Ulsan…

 

“Whoaaa… so this is how the mountain range looks like. Sooo pretty!” Minji exclaimed in amazement.

 

“Yah! Minji, why so relaxed when we’re so tired! Who in the world asked to go by bus and train at a very early time in the morning?!” Seungyoon complained.

 

“Oh c’mon you richie-rich! Not everyone can afford the plane and this is way more fun!” Chaerin excitedly said as she elbowed Yoonie, who couldn’t argue more.

 

“So sad Dara can’t make it even when I told her that I’ll pay for it” Youngbae complained.

 

“Oh great another freak to complain. We’re in the middle of fun you kill joys.” Seungri whined as he rested his arm on Jiyong.

 

“Well Top hyung and Daesung hyung couldn’t make it too but they said that they’ll catch up in two days.” Taehyun said.

 

“C’mon guys! Our rest house is just there. We’ll rest for a while and start the hike.” Seunghoon shouted as he went ahead followed by Jinwoo who said. “We can keep our things at their place and just bring the things we need.” At that everybody started to move.

 

“So Minji, this is your first time huh! But don’t you worry cause I’m here to your rescue whenever you get scared…” Mino teasingly said as he puts one arm around her in which she flinched and made her flustered. She hurriedly removed his hands and went to the direction where the others are going.

 

‘There’s really something wrong and I really wanna know. It’s not like I’m gonna give up if she says no.’ Mino thought to himself while Jiyong patted his arm to his comfort as he knew he needed to. His brother has been his refuge in times that he felt like losing it. He was also his own advisor when it comes to times that he was about to give up pursuing her even thought everyone thinks he is the playboy type of guy.

 

As they rested and had snack for a while, everyone were trying to pack up all the things they needed. While at room of the girls, Minji was in a panic as she walks inside the room from one end to the other thinking. “Why did I even said yes?” she muttered.

 

“Alright little miss thoughie, I would suggest you stop walking cause it’s making me dizzy? And also you don’t need to worry, me, Nam Nam and Yoonie will make sure you’re alright. Okay?” Chaerin broadly replied. Hence Minji still wasn’t sure. “Now really, stop. If you don’t I might be calling for help when you break.” She said further which made her stop all her worries and started to get ready.

 

After an hour everyone gathered at the Yeoungnam Alps to get their hiking started which is lead by Jinwoo and Seunghoon followed by Seungri and Taehyun. At their back were Chaerin and Minji who was held by Yoonie and lastly Mino and Jiyong. As first the path was gentle enough to ease Minji who’s doing hiking for the first time. She was always walked with Yoonie which made Mino uneasy. He was thinking about what their relationship is since he was always with him the whole time. He knows that Chaerin and Taehyun was always with them as well but he is extra caring to Minji. He tried to clear out his thoughts of jealousy and thought that he just needed to find out what is to what to answer every question he has in mind since they crossed paths for the second time. On the otherhand Yoonie was just trying to help Minji as payment for almost blabbering out.

 

After an hour and a half of walking, the path led them to the forest which has a scenic view of a waterfall which Seunghoon said he’d bathe all day long with his dad when he was young. The group was all amazed to the beauty that was unveiled in between the trees that they passed. As they enjoy the scenery they decided to stop by for a while and vote off to themselves if they will stop right at that place or just come back for it after they reached the high peak. At that they decided to go on.

 

As they went halfway through to reach the peak Yoonie and Nam Diva was already complaining about how the path is getting steeper and steeper while the others enjoy, so they decided to have a ten minutes break and went on.

 

“Yoonie!” Mino called out. “Since you’re too weak now I’ll look after Minji. Seems like she’s too fragile to let go for you.” He sarcastically asked as if he was trying to implement that there’s something going on with the two of them. Chaerin and Taehyun were supposed to oppose to it since Minji was already silent as if she was already tired, but Jiyong and Jinwoo backed Mino up and made everyone agree to it.

 

“Alright just make sure she’s okay!” Chaerin, Taehyun and Seungyoon said in a chorus. While Minji just nodded her head like a good child since she knows she needed it.

 

“Yeah of course, you know how I’ll treasure the princess.” Mino blurted as he took her by the hand which made Minji flustered.

 

Before everyone went to continue, Chaerin whispered to Minji ‘Just call me out whenever okay?’ At that Minji just agreed and went ahead while Mino looked after her. Another hour later the group has reached the peak where a very beautiful scenery unveiled right before their eyes. It was like seeing the whole province of Ulsan. They were all amazed as if all their exhaustion was wiped out especially Minji.

 

“Yey I made it for the first time!” Minji excitedly said as she jumped for joy to hug Mino which took him by surprise and ran out of balance that made her land on him face to face. Sinlence filled their air.

 

“Wow you can get wound up too huh.” Mino broke the silence. Minji was flustered but was just too happy to argue. She then smiled and stood up first then grabbed Mino’s hand to help him up.

 

“Don’t get so cocky, it’s just my fault that you fell so I ought to help you out.” Minji said as she turned to see the others who didn’t even had a clue about what happened since they were all busy taking a good look at the view.

 

“I won’t… But I am happy that you finally smiled at me. It’s been a long time you know.” Mino exerted as he stood side by side with the blushing Minji as they look at their friends. They were just silent for the whole time when Minji was shocked at the flash of light that struck her face. To her surprise it was Mino who was taking a photo of her. Before she got a chance to speak, she was just completely in awe when he showed her picture. She has never seen her face so happy. She didn't even realized that she was smiling that widely at the sight of their happy friends and couldn’t argue anymore. The atmosphere was so lively and bright that she just agreed to get another photo with Mino when he asked.  Before she knew it they were all close again just like how they were when they first met. Jiyong on the other hand was happy at the sight of the happy youngsters.

 

“Seems contenting yeah Jiyong oppa?” Chaerin asked and Jiyong just smiled back as if saying yes to her. As they talk out while the others are busy with sightseeing, Seungri noticed the undeniable couples who are talking out their own worlds. Right in front of him was Jiyong and Chaerin and further back to his right was Mino and Minji.

 

“Ahhh… how long are you guys gonna be selfish of talking amongst yourselves and take your own photos?” Seungri complained which took the others attention and became quite amazed at the scene.

 

“Yeah, is this a park where couples are only allowed?” Taehyun and Jinwoo teased in chorus as they bump fists to their surprise of talking at the same time. At those words the two said couples blushed.

 

“Yah! Nam Diva, how on earth are we a couple.” Chaerin angrily said at which made everyone giggle including Jiyong. “Yah! Not you too Jiyong oppa.” Chaerin complained more that made every burst out in laughter.

 

“Ahh, you brothers trying to pull off your smooth moves makes me jealous. I wish she was also here. Darn!“  Youngbae whined.

 

"Aisshhh. You trying to be the pathetic loser that you are right now is so annoyingly funny." Seungri blurted out which made everybody laughed at his loss.

 

“Alright stop teasing now. I think we should just take a group photo and head back to rest.” Minji offered which made Youngbae want to hug her a thanks for her rescue but was dodge by Mino who he eventually end up hugging with that made everyone laugh even more. A while after Seunghoon took his tripod and set in his camera on remote mode to make sure everyone was in the photo. After a few snaps they went back to the waterfall area to set up their dinner and bonfire. At first everyone decided to dip in the water and try cliff hanging. There was Youngbae who did a backflip as he jumped and went back for his second round while the others were just amused. Then it was Jinwoo and Seunghoon who jump together and tried to curl up in a ball before they dropped in. Chaerin was up for the game too but Minji wasn’t which was noticed by Mino. He tried to ask her but she just blankly said 'no'. He knew that she wanted to try it by looking into her eyes, but didn’t pushed her since he thought that they were becoming closer to have another arguement. So, he just sat down with her.

 

“Aren’t you gonna go?” Minji asked.

 

“It’s fine there’s always another time and I’ve done this a lot of times already, since Seunghoon invited me and Jinwoo last year as well.” Mino explained.

 

“I don’t want to hold you back, so better go.” Minji murmured which she thought Mino didn’t heard. Those words surprised him as to why she was saying it so. He thought it was his time to put an end to his questions and just ask directly. He tried to calm himself and pushed trough.

 

“Why do you say that? Is it the reason why you deny knowing me at all?” He calmly asked. Minji was caught off guard with his questions but still decided not to confront him.

 

“Nothing… I think we should go cliff hang like the others.” She said as she hurried to the other and left Mino wondering while he slowly followed.

 

“I don’t think this is a good idea. I might be passing out if you do this!” Chaerin and Taehyun concernedly said in chorus as Minji looked down the three story cliff. At first she was hesitant but was caught by surprise when her hand was held.

 

“Whatever you’re reasons are, I’ll still no stop. If you feel like you’re being weak, helpless, scared or whatever I’ll be there. So if you wanna do this hold on tight. Okay?” Mino uttered in confidence which made Minji fall for his words and gripped tightly to his hands as if telling him that she is ready to go. Everyone was just curious about the situation while Chaerin and Taehyun were quite scare as Minji’s parents confidently trusted them on looking after her for some reason that they couldn’t tell. Chaerin was just really not sure on what they are to do, but one thing is for sure Jiyong patted her head and gazed to her eyes and asked her to give her trust to Mino since he will definitely not want to put Minji in danger. At that she just stood right beside him in silence.

 

Complete stillness just filled the place as Mino counted to three to get Jinwoo and Seunghoon who was waiting at the bottom ready for their jump. All the while Minji just let out a scream as she held on tighter to Mino’s hand. She felt a thrill in her veins like she has never felt before when they splashed in the water. A few seconds later Minji rose up and laughed out  to contentment.  As she turned to see her partner in crime she noticed that he was out of site. She then swam to shore where Jinwoo and Seunghoon were to ask for help at the thought that he might have passed out from the impact. The two tried to calm her down since they knew that he was alright but Minji was just not listening while the others at top was trying to ask what was happening. Seunghoon just gave a thumbs up to say that everything was under control which gave them a relief and tried to talk out who will be next right after Mino rose back. Eventually Jiyong, Seungri and Youngbae knows that Mino was alright but they were just making sure that Minji was okay since they seem to see her in panic.

 

“Why aren’t you guys looking?! He’s not yet up!” Minji yelled at the duo.

 

“Calm down… we know him very well and he will not drown here” Jinwoo uttered in confidence.

 

“How can you say that when it has been a minute now?!” She continued to yell in disbelief. “Some kind of friends are you.” She continued as tears started to form in her eyes.

 

“Oh no! No no Minji, it’s not like that Mino is just like a…” Seunghoon was trying to explain but was cut off by the sound of Mino’s glee.

 

“That was soooo good! Let’s do it again Minji!” He excitedly said as he swam closer to them but was signaled to cut it out by the duo. “What’s with the sign language you two? It’s not like I’m gonna die.” He said further as he taps Minji’s shoulder. At that Minji turned right to him and Mino was shocked to see Minji’s angry and crying face.

 

“I hate you Song Mino!” She yelled out as she wiped her tears that was about to fall and ran away.

 

Mino just stood there puzzled and asked the two about what happened but did not answer. He then asked them to continue and went follow Minji.

 

Minji tried as much to stay away, but Mino caught up with her.

 

“Minji! I said wait!” Mino yelled out as he was able to grab her arm. At that she stopped. “What is wrong? Did you not like the jump? Did it scare you?” He asked her calmly but Minji just lost her composure at the one word he said.

 

“Scared you say?! Why the hell do you have to stay under water for so long huh?!” Minji screamed in angst that surprised Mino. He did not think that she’d be that worried. He tried to reach out to her but she dodged his hand.

 

“Why didn’t you tell me that you’re gonna do that? Why do you have to be so good at that?! Why do you have to come back and make me worried again?! That's why I don't want to deal with you! But you just popped in again like a stupid angel! I don’t want to lose you again!” Minji yelled as if there was no tomorrow and uttered the last words she stated over and over again while trying to punch Mino’s chest. “I hate you Song Mino.” She stated further.

 

Mino was in shock with Minji’s revelation and quite understood why she wanted him out. ‘All this time she thought that I would leave her again and not come back. Is that the reason why she was cold? Stupid Mino, why didn’t you thought of that.’ He battled in his mind.

 

“I-I don’t know what to say Minji, I’m sorry… I’m not gonna do it again and I promise not to leave you.” Mino said as he calmed Minji down. First he reached out for her arms to comfort her but he couldn’t take it any longer and pulled her in for a tight hug that made Minji cry herself until she was okay. Minji eventually said that she was just mad at him for not coming back while Mino eventually told her that he did but it was all too late. They then talked it out, however Minji didn’t answer the part as to why her closest friends especially Yoonie was so caring to her. She just left it at saying that they were already like that since they met, but he was sure that there was something more to it though he didn’t press the issue further. He was just happy that they are this close again.

 

After they went through the rest of the activities they eventually went back to the rest house to wrap up the day with some goodnight sleep.

 

Everyone was already asleep except for one who was gazing up the stars at the balcony whom Mino noticed since he stepped out of the room to find another place to sleep in because Jinwoo was snoring so loud. To his surprise, it was Minji. She was wearing a black fitted tights which emphasizes her curves and a white tank top. Her hair was so beautiful underneath the moonlight. He was dazzled by her for the second time he gazed at her after their meeting at the hospital.

 

“Oh! Mino, why are you still up?” Minji asked surprised.

 

“Well, I can’t sleep with all the snoring in the room. So I thought I’d try the sofa. How about you? Was Chaerin snoring loudly too?” Mino funnily said that made her giggle.

 

“Oh no no. She’s not a loud snorer. I just wanted to see how pretty this place is during the night since it’s really my first time near the earth.” Minji explained as she smiled at the view.

 

“You’re Beautiful.” Mino bluntly said.

 

“Huh?” Minji was puzzled.

 

“Uhh Uh, I mean the v-view is beautiful with you. Oh…” Mino stuttered but decided to continue. “You see you make all things, all places beautiful Minji… Ever since I met you, I didn’t forget everything about you even though some said that I will not find you again… So please Minji, stay by my side.” Mino directly said with a face full of love.

 

“Mino, I don’t think I’m ready for it. I mean love… you see my heart is not too strong for that.” She straightly answered while Mino just looked as if he was confused which made her giggle.

 

“Haha! That look doesn’t suit you… C’mon lets go back in. it’s getting colder.” She said with a smile.

 

“W-wait. What was that you’re talking about? Your heart… What a…” Mino questioned but was cut off by Minji.

 

“No more questions Song Mino. I’m trying to be friends now right? Live with it!” Minji ordered as she giggled her way in followed by Mino who just didn’t dare to argue more. All he knows is that the fruit of his hard work is starting to sweeten.

 

As they bid each other goodnight and went into their rooms, Mino just jumped in bed facing the window which reflects the light of the moon. He was too happy since he and Minji are getting close. However, there was something that's been clouding his thoughts as the words which Minji uttered echoed through his mind.

 

‘I mean love… My heart is not too strong for that.’

 

 

***ok this couldn't get any better or worse but i promise more unveiling on the next chapter. tune in. chu!!!