Second Meeting and First Impression

Vulnerable

“Yah! Mino! Wake up already. Mom has been calling for you for the past thirty minutes.” Jiyong said while trying to shake Mino out of bed.

 

“Ugghhh. It’s still too early bro! And my alarm hasn’t even gone.” Mino sleepily replied.

 

“What alarm?! I threw off your phone to your head just so you can hear it but it still didn’t get you!” The eldest exclaimed. “If you still won’t get up yet, then I’ll have to do it!” He continued.

 

“Ugh! You’ve got no guts for it bro. Give me ten minutes more.” Mino answered back while pulling up his blanket to cover his face.

 

‘Ha! I’ve no guts huh? Here it goes…’ Jiyong said to himself while tiptoeing to Mino’s bathroom. After a while he came back and poured in cold water on Mino’s face followed by the tickle fest.

 

“Yah! Stop!” Mino screamed eyes wide open.

 

“I told you I’d do it. It’s the only way you’d wake up. Haha! Next time I’ll let Gaho’s tongue tickle your right foot!” The elder brother slyly boasted.

 

Mino was fixing himself as he sat at the side of his bed when he sarcastically said. “I’d love it if Gaho did that. Not to mention that your dog your face whenever you’re back from school.”

 

At that Jiyong just felt chills at the thought of having his face rubbed with his brother’s foot. He then left shouting. “You and your disgusting thought Mino! Just get ready for school!” Then he slammed the door.

 

‘Hah! Hyung as usual.’ Mino said to himself as he went to take a shower before going down for breakfast. He was just thinking that it’s already been seven years since they became brothers and their support for each other has grown stronger than before. He remembered the time that Jiyong almost cried to death as what their father said when they were on the way to area of the car incident six years ago. He didn’t even think that they’d be really close.

 

The time they finished breakfast both boys are now ready to go.

 

At the car…“Mom is it really okay? I mean aren’t you gonna be late for work?” Mino asked.

 

“Why do you ask that? Which owner of a company in the world will be late for work? And it’s always my duty to send you off every first day of your school year remember. Especially now, that you decided to be in the same school as Jiyong. It took forever for you to decide on that.” His mother continuously said.

 

“Yeah I know, it took me forever because at first I thought that I don’t want to cause a commotion and start some rivalry issues between us.” Mino explained while looking out the window of the car.

 

“The same goes for me.” Jiyong who is seated at the passenger seat continued. “It’s just that even when we were of different schools there’re still rumors. But now that it’s all okay, there’ll be no stopping us from dominating school.” He added as he fist bumps with his brother at the back.

 

“Well both of you have to behave though. Mino’s just not used in a coed school so, Jiyong you better take care of your little brother since he only knows how to get along with boys.” Their Mom said.

 

“Don’t call me that mom and it’s not like I’m going to grab girls. I do have girls as friends as well but not as much as hyung does.” Mino whined while Jiyong burst out laughing.

 

As they go along with their not so mother and sons conversation, they finally arrived at their destination… the Daewon Foreign School. It’s one of the best schools in Seoul for foreign studies. Jiyong has been studying there since he shifted to high school as his father wants him to be more fluent in the English language. It was for the best for their growing business. It’s the same for Mino, but he then decided to keep up with the same all boys middle school he was in until his first year of high school before their parents’ marriage. Only after a while when he and Jiyong grew a lot closer, he decided to attend the same school.

 

“Alright, here we are!” Their mother exclaimed. This is the first day of your third year Jiyong so behave! And you Mino, you too Mino.” She continued.

 

“Aissh! Yes, yes. This is kinda embarrassing maaaa.” Mino whined.

 

“Ahhh yeah,” Jiyong second emotined. “But Mino this is your first time here in this school and you’re on the second year. We’re not going to be in the same building so don’t embarrass me. Haha!” he whispered in his ear.

 

“Now now kids, no fighting. Got it?!” Mrs Kwon said while patting their heads.

 

“Yes, okay ma. Now stop ruining my hair.” Both complained in a chorus.

 

As they waved goodbye to their mother who drove the red Bentley car away, they thought to themselves that they’d definitely have even more fun now that their attending the same school. The school entrance was already amazing but Mino was more amazed when he entered the school ground. It was more spacious than his previous school which made him think why he didn’t even transfer when he was asked to before. His amazement was cut off when Jiyong patted his head and widely smiled at him.

 

“Okay bro! I have to go check my class now, the entrance ceremony for new students is right that way.” Jiyong said while pointing right to a huge building which Mino assumed was the Auditorium.

 

“Alright then, should I call you if I get in trouble hyung?” Mino sarcastically muttered.

 

“Hah! I don’t think you’d be in trouble especially when you’ve already got two good friends who are willing to transfer just for you. Suppose they are already there, just say hi to them for me.” The elder bragged as to what his younger brother won. “Also, no picking girls up. We might be some good looking men but make sure that we don’t get in trouble with them.” Jiyong bragged further.

 

Mino just stayed silent with his hyung’s words when Jiyong remembered… “Ahh… that look again? Girls flocks to you all the time we hang out even just for coffee, but you still don’t change your preference. Oh well bro. I’ll leave you at that. Just make sure that you’ll never be a bachelor for the rest of your life.” Jiyong said with a pitied voice. He really knows Mino so well, most importantly the fact that he still haven’t gotten over that girl.

 

While trying to figure out how to break the silence the brothers were surprised when a guy squeezed in between them for a cuddle.

 

“Yo! Seungri Panda.” The brothers claimed.

 

“Wazzup, wazzup! So good to see you again Ji and welcome Mino! I just can’t wait to have fun with you in school.” The boy in question greeted. He is eventually one of Jiyong’s best friends. “Ji, have you seen which class are you in?” he asked further.

 

“Not yet, but I hope we all are in the same class because for sure that I’d be in class A.” Jiyong answered.

 

“Haha, I don’t think that my grades went down so you better look forward to it… but let’s get going Youngbae is there checking the list already or maybe the girls. Haha! Mino, you have to hurry too, you don’t want to be late at the entrance ceremony.” Seungri excitedly said as he pushed Jiyong to get going.

 

“Alright, now don’t push panda! Mino, just give it a shot. It’ll not hurt to move on. And I’m here whenever.”At that the elder brother just patted his back and wished him good luck in school. Mino just awkwardly said thanks and smiled.

 

As the two friends left Mino, Seungri couldn’t help but wonder why Jiyong is a bit worried. “Jiyong, you think Mino will be fine?” Seungri asked.

 

“Yeah he will be fine with school, besides he’s got his friends from his old school transfer here as well and not to mention that he’s an A list as well. He’s fine.” Jiyong happily said.

 

“Then why do you look worried?” Seungri pushed and asked.

 

“Well you know him when he’s around girls. If it’s not up to his standard or should I say not the girl that he likes he gets pissed. That’s why he decided to go to an all boy’s school before.” Jiyong explain.

 

“Ahh… I get it. It’s still that girl he was talking about when we were hanging out at my dad’s recording room. Don’t worry; I’ll definitely make him a boy wonder like me, the girl’s wonderland.”Seungri bragged.

 

“Aisshh! Just keep your self-proclaimed title to yourself. I don’t need him to be a player.” Jiyong grumbled. At that the two just looked at each other and laughed hysterically at their antics.

 

On the other hand Mino was on the way to the school auditorium. He didn’t say anything but he was really nervous. At first he thought that he’d get over his so called allergic reaction to girls. It’s not that he doesn’t like girls, it’s just that he doesn’t like girls who throw themselves to guys like they were some kind of offering and he thinks that all of them are like that except for her. He would like a girl like her but preferably her, his one day childhood friend. He continues to let his memories about her run through when his friends spoke right at his back.

 

“So are we just gonna stand here?” Seunghoon asked.

 

“Yeah… better step it up now or we’ll be up for a first day beating.” Jinwoo added.

 

“Yah! You guys. You always cut off my moment of peace… can’t you not jump at me like that anymore?” Mino exclaimed while faking his anger.

 

“No can’t do. Not at this time that we need to go find us some seats.” Jinwoo answered while Seunghoon nodded in agreement.

 

“Okay okay, lead the way and I’ll follow.” Mino just agreed.

 

As the trio went in the Auditorium, Jiyong and Seungri on the other hand were joined up with Youngbae. Their baby face friend who seemed to be having fun with girls when they found him. They exchanged greetings and talked about their so called manly gossip and decided to look for their classes which they eventually thought they knew already. As they looked at the class lists for the third year students, they were pushed off to the side by a number of girls which they thought ware millions who were fangirling at two guys walking towards them.

 

“Ahh! Not again. Whenever they’re coming, these annoying girls just brush off any person to give way for them.” Seungri complained.

 

“As usual, but you’re only complaining cause when they are here the girls never pays attention to you.” Youngbae mocked the panda.

 

“Yah! That’s not it.” Seungri disagreed.

 

“But it’s true. The look on your face says it all. Didn’t you forget that they are our friends? You, jealous little panda.” Jiyong cutely said to Seungri while pinching his cheeks.

 

“Stop it. Stop it now. You’re making it sore. I value my face you know.” Seungri protested.

 

At that Jiyong and Youngbae just laughed at what Seungri looked like when they were stopped by the loud noises of the annoying girls as what they call it. Some of them were saying ‘You’re so handsome’ some were like ‘marry me now’ and some were screams of ‘I love you’s’. The yelling and screaming which seems forever was ended with the discipline representative, Kang Seungyoon’s whistle. ‘Yah! If you’re all finished checking your classes, go now! Don’t block the other students’ way. This is not a concert for you to keep ‘kya kya-ing!’” He yelled on his megaphone. ‘Stupid girls’ he continued to himself.

 

The girls were annoyed as to what Seungyoon blabbered but still, they cannot argue with him since he himself is a hottie as well. Maybe it was the reason why he was appointed in his position by the student council body. As the girls drifted to their respective classes and leaving Jiyong, Seungri and Taeyang behind, he just left out a big sign while the trio who were brushed off a while ago gave him kudos.

 

“Now don’t just stand there right at my back. You two Divas are a real show off.” He heard no response so he then turned to them and to his surprise the two men in question are just as flashy as he thought they will be. One was a tall third year guy with a very great straight body and the other one was a second year guy who’s like a girl trapped in a boy’s body. Nevertheless they were wearing shades and waving out to their so called fans which cracked Seungyoon.

 

“Yah! Those groupies of yours are gone now so stop it with you cool act.” He ordered.

 

“Now, now that’s no way a discipline committee should talk.” The younger guy said.

 

“Yeah, yeah! How on earth do you think I would react?! I have to do this again all yearlong you… you… “Seungyoon babbled.

 

“You what?” the younger guy asked him with his diva like attitude to continue.

 

“You ‘shemale’!” Seungyoon blurted.

 

Silence filled the area, but Seungyoon felt a deep death glare pointing at him. At that the so called shemale who he was referring to tackled him in a joking manner and grabbed his neck while messing his hair.

 

“Who are you calling a shemale you unhygienic discipline freak! Just stop if you don’t want to!” The guy said mockingly.

 

A Burst of laughter filled the area which was caused by their stupid argument, but then they decided to cut it of hence they just couldn’t stop.

 

After a few minutes of fun…

 

“Stop that already Nam “Diva” Taehyun. Let Kang Yoonie get his death note later.” Jiyong said. “We should get going now you know.”

 

“Ahh party pooper…” Seungri complained while standing next to Youngbae who was browsing on the class list.

 

“Aisshh, you wanna end up like Yoonie’s hair you panda?” Jiyong challenged.

 

“Hah! Got you there my friend. You easily get hot headed.” Seungri mocked.

 

Jiyong was supposed to answer back but was held back by Youngbae who was finished checking the list. So much for him checking the list as the 3 third years are still in the same class A along with the elder diva while the two younger didn’t mind looking cause they already know that they’d be in the highest ranking class aswell.

 

“So shall we go?” Youngbae asked.

 

“Let’s dominate” All answered in chorus while one diva was silent.

 

“Yah! Old diva. Why are you so stiff there.” Jiyong asked.

 

“Come a bit I have to tell you something.” The man in question finally talked. He has a very deep voice just like a villain in some cartoon.

 

At that Jiyong stood near him and was surprised when the guy suddenly hugged him and commanded him in a girly voice. “Carry me to class Ji… I’m tired of walking past trough those monstrous girls who wants to eat me alive.” You can see the horror in his face as he removed his glasses.

 

“Yah! Get of me stupid Top. It’s because of your flashyness, so you bear with it! Don’t involve me.” Jiyong reclaimed.

 

“You are involved. It was because you taught me how to be flashy.” Seunghyun who the all call Top Diva pointed out.

 

“Hahahaha! Yeah that was you Ji, you made a nerd transform to a beautiful man.” Youngbae agreed.

 

Jiyong just gave out a sigh as he tried to push Top away hence He won’t budge. He just decided to walk to class while having the elder diva hugging him as he was dragged along. The others were just laughing as they followed. On the other hand Seungyoon and Taehyun just fist bumped and walked side to side while their arms are wrapped around the other like best friends do.

 

In the auditorium each and every new student is now trying to stop their selves from yawning while listening to the principal Yan Hyunsuk’s speech which they thought was forever including Seunghoon and Jinwoo who was seated right in the room’s middle second, while Mino who’s next to them was still drowned in his thoughts. He was still thinking if he would be able to see her again especially now that he shifted from his old school which was in the same area of the hospital from before.

 

Everyone in his family knows for a fact that the reason why Mino wanted that school was because he was trying not to get in contact with all those selfish girls that he was talking about, but the real reason was he wanted to be near the hospital so that he can check if she has returned. No one knows that he has tried to check there countless of times except for the hospital employees namely the receptionists. For once he thought that he’d given up so he decided to accept his parents offer to move to the same school as his step brother. But he was all wrong. All he could think about was her.

 

‘Ahh, it’s too late now to regret transferring schools. I’d just have to make up and find a way to check there somehow.’ He muttered to himself. He knows that he wouldn’t forget… he still remembers everything clearly. The secret garden where she sat under the cherry tree, her precious but mysterious smile, her black dazzling hair under the sunrays and the battling shadows of the cherry blossoms on her rosy cheeks. At that point he just lost it as he was trying to think while smacking his face and stretching it like a total fool. It made everyone near him look weirdly at him as he tried to battle out with his thoughts while his actions became even weirder than it was. He was trying to talk his thoughts out with his hands positioned like two mouth puppets babbling to each other without any sound which made it more awkward to look at. As he realized what he was doing, he just tried to calm himself down and sat as if he was melting while looking at his friends Seunghoon and Jinwoo who was trying to keep their selves from bursting out with laughter.

 

After an hour of speech from the Principal Hyunsuk, it was the turn of the school council’s president to do a welcoming speech. At first everyone went sighing thinking how long will it be while the others seems to not care at all…until the school council president stepped up the stage. Everyone in the entire room was astonished at the sight of the person in question. The president was a very beautiful young lady. She was very graceful as she walked to the podium. Like a goddess, she has a very clear complexion which was even more clear while being complimented by the lights. Her hair was as shiny as ebony and her eyes glisten like some precious crystal. The way she flipped her not so long but perfectly combed hair to clear out what she thought was a getting in her face… It was just gorgeous. She was very elegant to the extent that everyone in the whole room lost their sleepiness, dropped their jaws and became excited as to how she would do her speech.

 

While everyone was in awe waiting for the council president’s speech, Mino was still trying to hide his being from the awkwardness he caused. But then he decided to sit up and pay attention to the ceremony. As he looked at the girl who was about to make her speech, he was a bit surprised and confused at the same time. He thought that he had seen the girl before. He was trying to observe her further but he couldn’t since her head was a bit lowered down while leafing through the pages of her prepared speech. As she raised her head high, Mino felt a familiar feeling that he had before. He just couldn’t utter it but the feeling was of joy. Somewhere in his mind he knows that he knew her, but his thoughts were stopped when the president spoke.

 

“Good morning everyone, I am your student council president. Second year class A, Gong Minji.” She announced with a very deep but sweet voice.

 

At that, Mino felt his heart burst like some fireworks that was set off, he couldn’t help his excitement when he heard her name. At that all the memories of her flashed in his mind. It was her. The one he was looking for. They haven't met again since then but he remembers it all.

 

“Today we are all gathered to celebrate the new school year and to welcome all the new students…” Minji stated. She was about to continue when she was interrupted by a man who stood excitedly in front of the whole student body, the whole new batch, the principal, like a child with who got what he wanted as his birthday gift, like a guy who won the lottery, like a fool who doesn’t care about how everyone built their first impressions of him.

 

“IT’S YOU! I FINALLY FOUND YOU!”

 

*Kyaa!!! What's gonna be Minji's reaction? I just cant wait for what my mind is gonna blurt out. But seriously I just follow wherever it takes me. Hope you like this one guys. Another ship will sail next chapter. Who knows! It might be two ships in one go! ;)