To Pursue and To Deny

Vulnerable

***Hi everyone and a Happy New Year!!!! I know it took me forever. I know and I’m sorry. So to make it up, here’s a back to back special. Please bare with the words, I’m too happy to post it so haven’t had time to check, I’ll do it at a later time. 

 

 

 “IT’S YOU! I FINALLY FOUND YOU!” Mino shouted pointing at the girl standing on the podium.

 

Those words echoed in the closed area where almost half a thousand of students have gathered. The shock on each and every person cannot be hidden, not to mention the principal’s dismay. Among all was Minji’s… She was surprised with Mino’s words but regardless her expression doesn’t resemble the others. Hers was a mixed of confusion, shock, doubt. She then eyed at Mino as if she was ordering him to sit in his place and stop making a commotion. Mino understood what she was trying to refer as he looked around and sat down.

 

“Aisshh! Another one Mino. How many times are you gonna embarrass yourself?!” Jinwoo whispered to his ear while Seunghoon was nodding his head in agreement to what the other has said.

 

“Sorry guys I was just excited.” He whispered back as he scratches his head.

 

Their petty talk and the silence within the room was broken when the principal stood and calmly asked Minji to continue while eyeing at Mino as if he was sending a message that they will see each other after. You can see it in principal Hyunsuk’s eye that he was irritated. At that Minji continued…

 

“Now all students can go and check your designated classes. Thank you and hope that every one of us will have a fruitful and exciting school year ahead.” Minji stated in awe as she finished the assembly.

 

All the students stood and queued out of the auditorium as Mino who was followed by his to good friends rushed to Minji.

 

“Minji! It’s good to see you again!” Mino squealed in excitement.

 

“Oh it’s you. The awkward boy.” Minji said.

 

“Who’s awkward? Don’t you remember me? In the hospital? Car accident? Song Mino?” Mino confusedly asked.

 

“Sorry, but I don’t. I haven’t been in Seoul until mid last year so I don’t know anyone that much. But it was nice meeting you Mr Song.” Minji said with smile. Hence Mino can see that she was faking it.

 

“B-but I remember you… the secret garden… everything.” Mino pressed.

At that Minji let out a gasp but tried to calm herself as she replied. “I’m sorry, I gotta go. S-see you around Song Mino.” She stuttered as she hurried to her friend who was standing near the door waiting for her.

 

“What was that!” Mino exclaimed.

 

“Well she sure does know how to turn down one of the famous girls’ boy.” Jinwoo and Seunghoon jokingly said in chorus.

 

“No, not that. I can see that she’s denying it. What’s up with that?!” Mino said as he looked at his two best buddies waiting for an answer but all he can see was them pointing to his back. When Mino looked, he saw the Principal who’s looking seriously at him.

 

“I can tell you what it was all about Mr Song Mino. How about we talk it out in my office?” He said with a smirk on his face.

 

Mino would really want to hide his face now. The first impression that he made would definitely make a commotion and would lead to something that he’s always been avoiding… having him being compared with Jiyong that is. He then looked at the principal who now asked him to follow as he turned his back.

 

“Mino, go on! We’ll wait for you in class. I checked it already before coming here and were all together.” Jinwoo said while Mino just nooded.

 

“I’ll give you a heads up dude. It’s Class A.” Seunghoon followed trough.

 

At that Mino’s frown was washed away as he felt another thrill of excitement. ‘We’re in the same class.’ He murmured to himself. He then waved at his friends as he run along to the principal direction. He didn’t even mind that he was going to get beaten on his first day at his new school since his mind was just filled of excitement and joy.

 

“Mr Song, do you understand?!” Principal Hyunsuk pointed out. As he looked at Mino who’s still in a daze.

 

“Mr Song. Mr Song Mino!!!” He shouted.

 

To Mino’s surprise he stumbled from where he was seated as he answered in full. “Yes sir!” He then looked at the principal while he slowly stood up and to his surprise the principal was giggling. At first he thought that the principal was somewhat a mad man but when he spoke...

 

“Haha! You really remind me of your father Mino.” He stated.

 

“Huh?!” Mino sighed in confusion. ‘What is he talking about’ he thought.

 

“Well I’m a friend of your late father. But stories will be for some other time. Let’s just say that when it comes girls he’s just like you. Finding the same person over and over again.” He stated.

 

“So you’re a family friend. That’s good to know Mr Principal.” Mino brightly said.

 

“You can call me Mr Yang, but don’t get me wrong my boy. School is school. Now go along.” He walked to him and patted his shoulder.

 

Mino just nodded as he said his thanks and walked out the door. He was relieved that he didn’t have to hear any lectures as to how he is different from Jiyong. Though he knows that it’s really nothing, since they are both childish at times.

 

On the other hand Minji who was followed by a girl was rushing her way to her class.

 

“Minji-ah, wait for me. You’re too fast!” the girl called out. At that Minji stopped and made the girl bumped her face at her back.

 

“Yah! Minji there’s something wrong with you today. And I mean really, there’s something wrong... now tell me.” The girl pushed.

 

“Aissshh!!! Chaerin-ah… I think I’m gonna pass out. He’s the guy who stood me up.” Minji explained to her best friend. Chaerin has been her friend since childhood who grew up in America and they eventually became closer when she shifted there. She as well is a very beautiful young lady with a very strong aura that gives of that boss image. That being said, she is also the vice president of the student council. She knew everything about Minji, not to mention that their family is very close.

 

“Huh?! So you really do know him! Well isn’t this supposed to be the time to talk and get explanations?!” Chaerin excitedly said.

 

“What are you saying? Not in a million of years. Me?! Confront him?!” Minji exclaimed.

 

“Uh-huh…” Cherin answered. “It’s not like he can take a car to your place that time. Come on! You were kids.” Chaerin explained further.

 

“Well yeah, but a promise is a promise.” Minji quoted as Cherin looked deeply in her eyes but she dodged her gaze.

 

“Yup! There’s really something else to that. Tell me now or regret it later.” Chaerin threatened when Minji just frowned which made her remember something. “Okay, I know so don’t make faces anymore!” She continued as she squeezed Minji’s face.

 

“Yah! Chearin stop.” Minji whined.

 

“Oh! No no no. Too much emotion there dear... That’s not good, remember?” She answered. At that both girls giggled and proceeded to their class. As they opened the door everyone was gazing their way in admiration. For the past year that they entered Daewon, the two girls are very much known for their strong friendship, both being the head of the student council even though they’re still in second year, excellent academic skills and beauty. They definitely dominate wherever they go.

 

Everyone was just focused staring at the two girls and was even more amused when two lovely guys greeted the two ladies. It was Taehyun and Seungyoon. Not needed to say, they are close since Yoonie is a part of the council and Taehyun is the two girl’s childhood friend.

 

As the class continued to chat their free time away, everyone stopped at the loud sound of the door opening.

 

“Oops! Sorry everyone.” Two men said as they as well was surprised at how the door opened.

 

“I’m not really used to sliding doors and this one is very slippery.” Jinwoo said with an apologetic face. Everyone was still quiet while looking at them which made the two feel award.

 

“I think they are thinking that we came from the mountains.” Seunghoon whispered as he let out a small giggle while observing the expression of their classmates.

 

“I think we should step out for a while.” Jinwoo followed in a low voice that only Seunghoon heard.

 

They were about to step out the room when the girls in class except for the two goddesses squealed as to what they thought was a newly debuted idols. They flocked at the two men which left Taehyun excited at the thought of a new rivalry with his beautiful face, while Yoonie was left with disbelief as he looked like he dropped his jaw. He was thinking that he had another handful of guys to look after and another band of girls to control.

 

“Oh my! New classmate you have such a pretty face!” One of the girls said to Jinwoo.

 

“You too! You have sucha beautiful eyes.” The other told Seunghoon.

 

While the girls just kept going on and on with how they observe their face which eventually freaked them out, they thank God they were cut off by Chaerin. “Alright ladies, stop scaring the heck out of em!” She said as she raises one of her eyebrows.

 

“Aisshh! The unsolicited benefits we get of having these school controllers in class.” One girl responded.

 

“If you don’t want it then might as well move to another class. It’s not like you get to hang with them if you freak them out.” Chaerin replied in an angry voice.

 

“Alright! Cut it girls! Chaerin is right! Don’t fight over boys. It’s too early in the morning.” Minji commanded which made the two thankful at the two goddesses. As the ladies went back to their respective seats, the two followed Minji and her friends.

 

“And why do you think you’re following?” Minji asked as she looked back to the two.

 

“Uhh, I think we’re gonna be good friends since you’re nice?” Seunghoon answered as he was elbowing Jinwoo to agree with him.

 

“Ahh… that. Hmm…” Minji sighed. “Aren’t you the two guys with ‘the awkward’ guy earlier?” Mnji asked further.

 

“Alright now! Sit down everyone! We’re starting class.” A loud voice commanded as the students fled to their seats leaving 3 seats at the back of Chaerin and Taehyun free where Jinwoo and Seunghoon sat.

 

“She’s feisty even though her face is so angelic.” Seunghoon whispered at the back of Chaerin and Taehyun which made them giggle.

 

“I like you guys, were gonna be good friends for sure…” Taehyun whispered back as he is trying to face upfront and Chaerin giggled in approval which made Minji who is seated beside Chaerin curious of what they were talking about.

 

“Alright now kids, no more blabbering! Today is the first day of your second year and I guess you all know each other by now. It’s not like there are no transfers to and from the other classes. But for the sake of the new comers including me… we will go through the introduction.” The homeroom teacher, Kang Daesung said. He is actually Seungyoon’s brother who is on his second year of college. He is undergoing a yearly teacher’s assessment for one term which lasts for about two months and a half… Even though they don’t resemble each other they are both undeniably charismatic and intelligent and at the same time very funny.

 

On the other side of school class 3-A has also resumed their class with their trainee teacher Dara. She goes to the same college as Daesung. Hence, she doesn’t look like she’s any older than the students which made the other girls in class envy her. Her looks is just like a vampire with a small face and petite body. The funny thing is that she is close to two of the students in her class which surprised her. Of all the classes she could be in, it was the class where Youngbae and Jiyong are. As she greeted the class until the introduction of every student until she dismissed the class the two men were undeniably looking at her the whole time. One was looking as if he was he was amused since his teacher is a friend and the other was drooling over her which made her feel uncomfortable.

 

She then left the class and went straight right down the stairs but still felt uneasy as if she was followed. She then walked faster and slid to an empty classroom to find out who was following her and found the two guys she knows very well.  The two stopped as they lost sight of her. Dara on the other hand was more uneasy when she found out who was following her. She was more uneasy than before but decided to pull the two in as their backs touched the doors of the room she’s in.

 

“What do you think you’re doing?” She exclaimed to them.

 

“W-well uhhh…” the two said as they think of an excuse.

 

“Didn’t I tell you guys not to follow me around? I told you already that I’m gonna be a trainee teacher here and we’re not supposed to all close. It’ll cause a misunderstanding!” Dara yelled in a low voice.

 

“Well this guy told me to follow.” The two answered in chorus as they pointed a finger at each other.

 

“Aishh! I didn’t even know that you were students here at first and when I found out, I was doomed! Especially that you both are in my class. Please give this to me guys I need this so badly.” She confronted and left the guys.

 

“Why does she have to be a teacher here?!” Youngbae yelled.

 

“Ahh that… She said she wanted to follow the path of her late mother. Since she is a scholar student she has to do well. So, I think it’s much better to put a space inbetween. If you know what I mean?” Jiyong answered.

 

“How did you know that?! She didn’t even tell me.” He replied back.

 

“Cause you were busy drooling while looking at her when she was telling the story?” Jiyong sarcastically answered which made the other guy raise his eyebrows and made him laugh out to his contentment of bullying his friend.

 

“Alright let’s just go back to class. We’ll figure out a way for you to see her.” Jiyong assured as he patted the other’s head just like a puppy which annoyed him for a moment.

 

From the first time Youngbae saw her at the café next to his father’s clothing shop where he gets his usual morning tea whenever he visits his dad, he was already attracted to her. He really did his best to be close to her so he decided to pass by everyday. At first he thought the she was around his age or maybe younger but when he got to know that she was four years older it made him more excited than devastated which his friends found funny and abnormal. He then asked help from his good friend Jiyong who is very talented at making friends to get to know each other. Eventually the trio got closer, but Dara treats them as her younger brothers which made Youngbae a bit upset. Nevertheless he is not willing to give up. When he knew about the assessment that Dara is going to take in their school he was so hyped up and even more when he found her standing in front of his class.

 

“Alright, so that’s the end of our class. Hopefully all of you will come on time and not get in trouble.” Daesung said as he pointed his eyes on Mino who was busy gazing at Minji that was seated right in front of him.

 

Daesung was still looking at him but has given up and went straight right to his next class. At that Mino was trying to figure how to approach Minji. The whole day he was trying to push himself to talk to her but it seems that he was always either being crowded by girls who wanted his number or hiding from them. As he was hiding inside the stockroom next to the stairs, he overheard a few familiar voices in front of the door, it was Minji and Chaerin. He overheard them talk about the council meeting that they have to attend after classes. At that Mino got a bright idea to wait for Minji. He jumped for joy at his so called bright idea which made him out of balance and crash the door open leaving him lying in front of the two girls that made him feel embarrassed. He then stood up, said ‘hi’ and ran away while the two girls were left amused and was curious of the reason why he was hiding.

 

‘Ding dong ding dong ding’ the sound of the school bell rang throughout the whole campus, signaling the end of the day’s classes. As all the students rushed out of the grounds to meet their friends whom they planned to get snacks with or go home with, Mino was left in the classroom…

 

“Mino, you sure want to stay huh?” Jinwoo asked.

 

“Yeah, just give me a heads up to Jiyong hyung. You’ll be stopping by the billiard hall right?” Mino answered.

 

“Yup, but I’ll be in the dance studio next to that. But you can always give a call whenever.” Seunghoon added as he and Jinwoo waved at Mino and left.

 

An hour after, the student council meeting was adjourned. All the members rushed to leave the school grounds, leaving Yoonie, Chaerin and Minji behind.

 

“Mino, you’re still here… What’s up?!” Yoonie asked Mino who was standing in front of the locker hall.

 

“Ahh… you’re done! Good good!” He answered as he rests his hand on Yoonie’s shoulder.

 

At that Chaerin rest her head on Minji shoulder as she said “Looks like your bodyguard will keep you company reaching home.” She whispered teasingly.

 

At that Chaerin pulled Yoonie and waved goodbye to the two which left Minji out of words before she could ever complain.

 

“You better pay me for this Mino!” She added.

 

“Pay for what?” Yoonie asked.

 

“Oh, just shut it and just follow me. You’ll be treating me for burgers today!” She answered cheerfully which made Yoonie struggle but really couldn’t.

 

Silence filled the locker areas as the two stood in front of each other. Minji was gazing at her shoes while Mino gaze at her fully that made her really uneasy.

 

“Yah! Mino! What’s up with this entire gaze?” Minji asked as she looked up to Mino who was now face to face with her.

 

He didn’t move a single breath and was just gazing more at her which made Minji blush and look away. At that Mino just smirked as he spoke.

 

“Minji, I don’t know why you’re denying me… but I clearly remember everything.” He softly said while Minji tried to hold back.

 

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” She just replied.

 

“Alright alright. It doesn’t matter whether you remember me or no, as long as I know very well in my memories that you are that girl.” Mino said as Minji stayed silent. “Can we be friends? Can I walk you home today?” he asked further.

 

Minji just cant argue for some reason. When she angrily looked at Mino in the eye all her worries faded as if he pulled out some magic trick.

 

“Alright, but don’t think that I’m gonna be friends with you right away.” Minji annoyingly said but it didn’t bother Mino at all since he was happy that she agreed.

 

On the way home, Mino forced Minji to have some snacks before heading to their house. Before Minji could even say no, Mino was already inside Wc Donald’s waving at her. Minji just face palmed herself in disbelief and just went on with the flow. They talked about random stuffs and anything under the sun which Minji definitely didn’t see coming but she thought it was fun and all. Mino on the other hand was very glad that her face lightened up.

 

As they went ahead, Mino realized that their house was just a few blocks away from Minji’s and he sure can go to and from school with her every day. But then again he might look annoying so he thought to ask her before doing so.

 

“So here we are.” Minji said as she stood in front of a very beautiful house full of flowers in the fences which reminded Mino of how he met the little Minji, but he didn’t want to bring up the topic again. He thought that it would just change the atmosphere.

 

“Whoa, you have a nice house. Mine is just blocks away too. You can come with your friends to hang sometimes.” Mino brought up his main thought that made Minji shocked as she didn’t even want to be that close.

 

“Uhmm… Didn’t I said that you shouldn't think about being friends?” Minji sarcastically said that made Mino laugh. “Why are you laughing?” She asked.

 

“Well you’re pretty funny when you act annoyed. But, still cute though. I’ll see you in the morning to pick you up.” Mino said as he went to move to the direction of his house.

 

“You don’t have to! Yah! Song Mino! Listen up.” Minji yelled.

 

“Lalalalalala… can’t hear you Gong Minji, I’m singing.” Mino said cheerfully as he stopped and looked back. “Whether you had amnesia, Alzheimer’s disease, or just denying me, I’ll definitely make you remember me and look for me all the time!” Mino marked his word as he smiled at Minji and went away,

 

“Not a chance Song Mino!” She yelled back but wasn’t even sure if she meant to say that. While on the other hand Mino was just too happy at finally seeing her again.

 

As Minji went in her house and thought all the things that happened the whole day. She didn’t even thought that the conversation with Mino would be interesting and funny. At that she said to herself. “Song Mino, I found you.”

 

*Why is she denying Mino! What’s wrong with her?! I know I know… it’s hard to explain but my heart might explode now. Ahhhh. Love writing this! I hope you all love it.