Chapter 4

My scar girl

As we entered the room, we were both engulfed in a smoothing sandwood smell that made me feel like at home.

 

At the left side of the room stood a huge wooden brown shelf that extended from the ceiling to the floor. The books and documents were all kept in alphabetical orders. I supposed that this was a organized president.

 

'President, Eunbyul is here.' Taehyung announced in a serious yet polite tone.

 

As Taehyung spoke, the leather chair that was facing the window turned and I was greeted with a middle-aged man, with his hair nealy gelled in a neat but fashionable style. 

 

Somehow his appearance reminded me of my Dad.

 

His eyes immediately set on me as he stood up from the chair and advanced towards us.

 

Mr Park smiled slightly before he engulfed me into a hug.

 

'I'm glad that you are back. Safe and sound.' His voice sounded nasal, as if he just cried.

 

Bewildered, I turned to Taehyung who was standing at the side, glazing at us with a soft smile playing on his lips.

 

Taehyung slightly nodded at me, as if telling me that it is alright.

 

Mr Park pulled back and I noticed there were faint traces of tears at the corner of his eyes.

 

'Look at my girl. She have grown up and blossomed into such a beautiful young lady.' Mr Park gently grasped my arm as he said.

 

I felt a pang of pain in my heart as he said those words. I don't know why and a tear coursed down my cheek. My heart was hurting when I saw Mr Park crying. And the feeling was similar when Taehyung embraced me for the first time. Familiar and forlorn.

 

Mr Park smiled at me and he broke into a happy chortle. He turned to Taehyung and hug him briefly.

 

'I happy that both of you are safe. And we are finally complete as one family.' Mr Park said as he took out his handkerchief and wiped gently to dry the tears on my cheek.

 

I was shocked at his action but felt my heart swelled in touch and familiarity as he feels like my father. No one had shown me concern except my parents.

 

I was deep in my thoughts as memories of my parents hit me like a wave. 

 

Taehyung interlocked my fingers with his as if he was afraid of me getting lost from him. He looked at me with a silly smile as his eyes turned into cute crescents. 

 

His smile warmed up my heart.

 

My silly heart did a silly flip-flop at his silly smile.

 

'I see that you have gotten so close to my baby girl already.' Mr Park shook his head in amusement as he looked at our linked hands.

 

'Now we have to get to the serious matter.' 

 

Taehyung glanced at me for a moment. 

 

'Sir, I supposed it is the right time too.'

 

Mr Park beckoned us to sit down on the chairs that were in front of his office table.

 

'Eunbyul, before I tell you about the things that you have to know, I hoped that you can stay calm and you have to understand that everything that we do was for your sake.'

 

I slowly nodded.

 

'Nine years ago, things here wasn't peaceful like now. A war broke out between the Guardians and the Xenos. We lost many of our brave keepers and Guardians.' Mr Park looked down as he sighed slightly, looking dejected.

 

'Xeno sent down an order that you should be bring back to the Xenos' court alive. Xeno wanted to nab you alive and extract your gifted power so that she can be the most powerful Guardian in the whole universe.'

 

Before Mr Park can continue, I interrupted. 

 

'What power I have? And I thought Guardians are good? Why is Xeno starting a war? Isn't she suppose to help people?'

 

'Xeno was a Guardian. In fact she was a very capable Guardian. But she decided to go astray and join forces with the evils.' Mr Park paused and held my hands that was on the table. 'My girl, you have much more powerful power than you think.'

 

'I don't have any power that you say. I am a human. A normal human being. I don't know what you are talking about.' I grew hysterical as I tensed up.

 

'You are very powerful and perhaps you are the most powerful Guardian in this universal and you can stop Xeno from commiting any evil deeds. Trust me, you can take Xeno down.'

 

Mr Park held my hands even tighter.

 

I remained silent.

'Eunbyul, you have to trust us. There are still many things that you don't know.' Taehyung explained as he held my shoulder gently.

 

I grew annoyed. Why are they keep insisting that I have the powers that I don't have and insisting that I have things that I don't know.

 

'Tell me, what are the things that I don't know?' I looked at the both of them who were seeming glancing at each other, silently discussing about something on their mind. Mr Park slightly nodded to Taehyung and Taehyung turned to me.

 

'Eunbyul, we plan to tell you this later but we think that it is the best to tell you now.' 

 

Taehyung glanced at Mr Park again, as if seeking confirmation from him before letting those words out from his lips.

 

'Your parents are not your real parents.'

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hi Guys!!! Happy New Year~

And thanks for reading, commenting and subscribing. 

Comment more as your comments are a great motivation to me!!!! :))

Part 2 is coming up real soon!!! :)