Chapter 6

My scar girl

The door of my new room opened after I said 'yes'.

 

'You ready?' Taehyung popped his head into my room.

 

'Yeah.' I walked towards the door.

 

'Oh and yes! Remember to wear an additional jacket. Weather are quite cold here after eight.' He tapped his wrist watch as he took a glance at my outfit.

 

'Okay, but where is the jacket kept in?' I'm still a little unfamiliar with 'my' new room as I looked around the room.

 

He chuckled a little as he walked to a wardrobe that stood at the corner of the room. He opened the one of the door and pulled out a white colour jacket.

 

'Here. I'll help you.' He turned me around, such that my back was facing him and he helped me slipping the white jacket up, enclosing me into another cocoon of warmth.

 

I bit my lower lip, preventing myself from smiling too widely at his tender and actions.

 

While I was all immersed in my own suppressed happiness, Taehyung already led me through the coridoor to the main campus in the Guardians'. 

 

The new environment pulled me out of my own world as I looked around the meticulous architectures in admiration.

 

'This is the main campus of the Guardian's. All of us studied here. Including me.' Taehyung announced with an ounce of pride and happiness, as he beamed happily at me.

 

I nodded in admiration as I perked up at the word 'studied'. I always like study and learning new things but I am not a nerd. 

 

'You are also going study here soon when we settle all the things that we need to settle.' He held my hands slightly, before continuing, 'With me.'

 

'Since its so late already, the school had locked up so I will bring you in another day for a tour.' He tapped on his white wrist watch.

 

'Okay. So where are we going now?' I asked as I gazed at him.

 

'My favourite place.' Taehyung beamed brightly as he showed his pearly white.

 

'Your favourite place?'

 

'The cafeteria. Haha.'

 

On the way to the cafeteria, Taehyung could not help but kept on blabbering cutely about his favourite dishes. I smiled a little at his cute actions and I am sure that he is really a passionate eater.

 

'...the blueberry cake that the stall located at the corner sells every friday is really delicious!' Taehyung pointed towards the stall, which I think the stall is his favourite out of others. There were colourful pictures of cakes decorating the stall which made my mouth watered a bit.

 

'Does that stall sells oreo cheese cake?' I tugged on Taehyung's hand which he naturally held on to.

 

'Yeah, on every friday.' Taehyung nodding his head. Out of a sudden, he turned his head towards me in a quick action. 

 

'Oh my god! Do you still like oreo cheese cake?' He questioned, with a big smile playing on his lips.

 

I slowly nodded my head and smiled softly.

 

'Yeah, I knew it. You loved it since you are young and i remembered that you must eat it once a week, if not you will kind of go berserk. Hahaha, I still remember the precious facial expression of your when you weren't allowed to eat the cake when you were sick at that time.' 

 

Taehyung puffed up his cheeks and he pouted. 'You know, your face was like this when you were begging me to buy the cheese cake for you.' He pointed to his face.

 

My face heated up a bit, feeling embarrassed.

 

'I didn't!'

 

'You did! You did that and that was like one of my most memorable moments of my life.' Taehyung showed his eye smile as he bend closer to me.

 

'I don't have any memories of me doing that you know.' I retorted.

 

Taehyung's smile fell a little and I inevitably immediately felt guilty of my words.

 

He took noticed of the change in atmosphere and he forced a smile.

 

He gently caressed the side of my cheek with the back of his hand.

 

'It's okay. You will get your memories back in no time. I am sure about it.'

 

He then naturally held my free hand and led me into the cafeteria.

 

Both of us sat down on a nearby table, with him sitting across me.

 

'Are you hungry? I don't think you have lunch today.' He asked in concern as he rested his head on his knuckles.

 

'A bit.' In fact, I was famished. I unconsiously rubbed my stomach as I looked down.

Taehyung stiffed a laughter. 'What if there is a tasty, delicious oreo cheese cake right here in front of you now? Will you eat it?' He tapped the table as a playful smile playing on his face.

 

My eyes glistened as I heard 'oreo cheese cake'. I nodded a little too enthusiastic and smiled too widely.

 

As what like it seems in a split second, an mouth-watering oreo cheese cake served on a purple plate appeared on the table.

 

'I knew you will want to eat, so I specially brought this cake and save it for you.' Taehyung passed me a fork before placing two candles, one shaped in 1 and the other shaped in 8. 

 

The two candles light up beautifully when he snapped his fingers.

 

My heart was immediately wrapped in a smoothing warmth as touchness overwhelmed me.

 

'Make your wish before you blow out the candles.' He smiled as he gazed at me.

 

My eyes teared up a bit. 'I never knew you will celebrate my birthday for me. Thank you.' 

 

He swiped his thumb across my cheek and he pulled out a small pink box. He placed the box in front of me and he beckoned me to open it.

 

Slowly, I opened the box with my stiffed fingers and found a silver metallic bracelet, with a wing tag in the middle.

 

Taehyung took the bracelet and offered to help to secure it around my wrist. As he was putting it on, I can't help but notice an identical braceet on his wrist too.

 

I used my free hand to turn the wing tag and there was some words engraved on the back.

 

-♡eunbyul-

 

What? I took another closer look to make sure that I did not see wrongly. Taehyung seems to notice that I saw what's behind the tag and he laughed a little.

 

'It is perfectly engraved right? This was specially engraved by the best workman in the Guardian's for us.' Taehyung added as he turned the wing tag that was on my bracelet. 

 

'You see...'

 

I looked at my tag and saw a similar pattern and word engraved on it.

 

-♡V-

 

'What is V?' I felt a little puzzled about this letter. What is V? What does that represent?

 

Taehyung pretended to think a little as he scratched the side of his head with his forefinger.

 

'I don't know. That's for you to find out.' He chuckled as he looked at the curious me.

 

Deep down, I am sure that he know what it means. He was trying to tease me again.

 

'One day you will know, I promise.' He poked the side of my cheek and I immediately felt something smeared against my cheek.

 

'I haven't even make a wish and blow out the candle and you smear the cream on me!' I shierked as I pointed my acusing finger to him. Sadly I can't control myself because it is oreo cheese cake that he was playing with. OREO CHEESE CAKE!!!

 

Taehyung laughed so loudly and crazily that his laughter bloomed across the spacious cafeteria. He was laughing so madly that words do not come out of his lips easily.

 

'You.. you should see your expression! It is... so funny about you reacting because of just merely an oreo cheese cake!!' Tears of laughter was already getting around his big almond-like eyes.

 

I pouted as I looked at him, with a fail attempt of looking evil and mad.

 

'Oohh, my birthday girl! Evil and mad look doesn't suit you. You should smile, like this.' He tugged his fingers on the side of my lips and set it upwards.

 

'Just like this, you look even more beautiful than ever!' Taehyung smiled widely.

 

I looked at him, blushed and don't know what to say.

 

'I think you should blow the candles out. It's reaching the cake soon.' He said as he scrutinised the already half burnt candles.

 

I clasped my hands together as I closed my eyes.

 

I wish that people will no longer hate me or despise me or call me names. 

 

I chanted it a few times in my brain before blowing out the candles.

 

I was about to poke my fork into the cake that I have been longing to eat and Taehyung spoke out.

 

'What wish did you make?' He asked out of curiosity.

 

I shrugged. 'Nothing special. Just the usual.'

 

'What about it?' He raised a brow as he leaned closer to me.

'Nothing much. Just wish that people will no longer hate me or despise me or call me names. Wish that I have been making for the past few years.' I looked down to my lap, reminded of the things that I had went through for the past few years after the scar emerged behind my ear.

 

Taehyung gently held my hand and intertwined with mine.

 

'I know it is really hard for you to went through all those humiliation and name-calling.'

 

'You know?'

 

He slowly nodded his head. 

 

'I was actually with you all the time. It is just that I didn't let you see me there.' He caressed the back of my hand, giving me assurance.

 

I furrowed my brows as I thought. So it was him, Taehyung? The one who place the packet of tissue on the floor for me? The one who put an apple under my desk when Jane threw away my lunch? The one who cares for me in the dark?

 

As though reading my thoughts, Taehyung said.

 

'It was me. Hope you wasn't really taken back by my stalker-like actions. Haha.' He rubbed the back of his neck nervously as he smiled.

 

I stood up from my seat and without thinking much, I threw my arms around his neck and hugged him tightly.

 

'Thank you. For everything that you did for me.' I sobbed against his shoulder.

 

Taehyung patted my back gently.

 

'Actually I didn't do much for you. I couldn't even show up when they threw flour at you because it wasn't the right time for me to show up. I couldn't even stand up for you when they speak bad of you. I'm sorry.' He said with regret and guilt.

 

'It's okay. You already done much for me and I am really grateful for that.'

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

'I guess we have to continue this tour another day.' Taehyung smiled as he opened the door of my room for me.

 

We stopped our little tour with our last stop in the cafeteria and Taehyung decided that he should sent me back to my room to rest since it is already past eleven.

 

'Good night. If you have anything to ask, I'm just next door.' Taehyung nodded his head to the direction of his room. 

 

I nodded. 'Good night to you too.'

 

When I was about to close the door, Taehyung called me.

 

'Yes?' I opened the door wider to see him.

 

'Before today ends, can you wish me happy birthday?' Taehyung shyly played with his fingers.

 

'Today is your birthday too?' I spoke a little too loud.

 

He nodded happily.

 

'Why didn't you tell me earlier? We could have share the cake!' 

 

'It's okay. That cake is for you only.' He smiled. 'Your favourite'.

 

I mentally noted to give him a present afterall he did so much for me.

 

'It's okay you know. You can just wish me happy birthday and that will be enough for me.' Taehyung smiled sweetly.

 

'Okay. Happy-- wait how old are you?' I asked as I was remembered suddenly.

 

'18, same as you.' 

 

'Really? Wow you don't really look like you are 18, you know.' I said as I scrutinised his face.

 

'Okay okay. Only a few minutes left to 12. Quickly wish me before 12.' Taehyung hurried me as he took a quick look at his wrist watch.

 

'Okok, Happy 18th birthday to you, Taehyung!'

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

REALLY SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE!!!!

AND THANKS FOR THE UPVOTES, SUBCRIBING AND READING!!!