Chapter 5

My scar girl

For a few minutes, I was frozen at my seat as I stared at Taehyung after those words escaped from his lips.

 

What? My parents aren't my biological parents? Then, who are my real parents? Who?

 

I stood up abruptly that made the chair fell back, creating a loud 'thud' sound when it came crashing against the wooden floor.

 

I pointed my fingers at the both of them, loudly claiming that they were both liars. With both of them looking back at me, grim as if they had already anticipated that this will be the way I behave when they tell me the truth.

 

I ran my shaking hand through my hair, making it tousled and messily. My face was clammy and sticky from the tears that seem never stopped flowing.

 

'Liars. I don't believe what you just say. And I don't know why I am even here with you, listening to your nonsense! I am going back home!' I exclaimed loudly as I ran out of the room, holding my backpack close to me.

 

As I ran through the corridor without thinking, I can't help but be reminded of the hurt expression that was on Mr Park and Taehyung's face.

 

And seeing that made me inevitably regret what I just shouted to them.

 

I slowed down my pace as I wiped my damp cheeks angrily and painfully with the back of my hand.

 

Lost in the extensive corridor, I spotted a stairway around the corner through my blur vision and immediately dashes there.

 

As I ran down the stairs, I accidentally stumbled and lost my footing.

 

Immediately, a pair of arms wrapped around my waist and I came crashing against a broad chest. 

 

A wave of nausea washed over me and darkness overcame me and the last thing I saw was Taehyung's worried face.

 

 

The sky was dark when I woke up. 

 

Holding my throbbing head as I sat up from the bed, I looked around the room that I was in. My eyes eventually setted down on the figure that was resting on the side of the bed.

 

My palm was interlocked with his warm palm and somehow I could felt some weird feeling coming from his palm. It gave off an weird aura from his palm to my and I could feel care coming out from him. Just connecting by our hands.

 

Brushing the weird feeling off, I averted my attention to the sleeping Taehyung.

 

He looks so worn out.

 

But besides the clear evident of fatigue, he still looks so good. So good looking. 

 

His eyelashes, his big eyes, his nose, his lips, looks great when they are put together.

 

I gently run my free hand on his cheek, and familiarity overcame me. It feels so familiar to me. As if I have touched his cheek before.

 

While I was immersed in my own thoughts, Taehyung stirred a little which made me immediately pulled back my hand.

 

He rubbed his eyes adorably as he straighten up.

 

He widdened his eyes when he noticed me that I was already awake.

 

'Eunbyul are you okay? I was so worried about you when you suddenly fainted at the stairs!' Taehyung held on my hand tighter.

 

I looked at him. Even though I am still skeptical if they are liars, I can actually feel the genuine concern from him and I admitted that my heart swelled at his care.

 

Blushing a little under his stare, I slowly nodded.

 

'I'm glad that you are okay.' Taehyung smiled brightly as he caressed my cheek with the back of his hand.

 

My heart skipped a beat as from his action.

 

'I think you are too hungry thats why.' 

 

Taehyung said as right away, a tray of food appeared on his hand.

 

I widdened my eyes as I stared at the tray of food. 

 

Taehyung giggled as he saw my reaction.

 

'We are in Guardians' court, so we should 'misuse' the privilege of magic. Anyway, I am too lazy to go to the cafeteria and I don't want to leave you.'

 

Taehyung shyly looked down and played with my hand.

 

I mentally sighed as I looked at Taehyung. He is such a weird guy! One moment he is giggling, one moment he is being...shy?!

 

After a few seconds where he had grasped his mind back, he urged me to finish all the food.

 

I only managed to swallow down a few spoonfuls of rice and a few gulps of milk. 

 

I placed the bowl of rice down on the table(Taehyung used his magic again) and that earn a friendly scolding from Mr Taehyung.

'You should eat more. Look at you! You are so skinny so eat more!' Taehyung exclaimed as he scooped a spoonful of rice and convincing me to eat.

 

Almost reluctantly, I opened my mouth and swallowed the last spoonful that I am going to have.

 

When Taehyung was about to scoop another spoon of rice, I immediately stopped him as I am already very full.

 

'Okay as you wish. But if you are hungry later, you must tell me.' He gently squeezed my nose bridge and when he snapped his fingers, both the tray and the mini table disappears, leading me to wow again.

 

Interested, I asked, 'Just snapped your fingers and the things will be gone?'

 

He smiled brightly, seeing me making a little progress by asking questions.

 

'Actually no. I just have to picture it gone and it will. Snapping my fingers is just to make me impress you. Haha!'

 

He playfully laughed as he looked straight into my eyes.

 

I rolled my eyes at his silliness. Impress? Haha, but I got to admit that I am just a little.... just a little, impressed.

 

'I will let you rest for a while. Later I have to explain some things to you, okay?'

 

I thought that I should clarify my doubts now. No point draging right?

 

'Why don't you explain now? I am ready to understand.' I glanced at him

 

He eyed at me for a while.

 

'As what we were saying, your parents are not your real parents. They are your keepers. Their job was to make sure you are safe and sound.'

 

Taehyung paused, allowing me to digest the piece of information.

 

He continued. 'You don't belong earth. You belong in this Guardians' court.'

 

'Then why am I on earth? Shouldn't I be staying on this Guardians' court since you say I belong here? I have been living on earth ever since I was born.' Too many unanswered questions behind the back of my mind are nagging for answers. I can't help but interrupt him.

 

'Your  childhood memories aren't real. We gave you a special potion made by Mr Park that would make you forget your memories about Guardians' court temporarily.' Taehyung sighed. 'It was a painful decision for everyone, Mr and Mrs Park. Me too.'

 

My eyes rounded as he said his honest confession.

 

'That year when the war took place in Guardians' court, nine years ago, you were just only nine, a week to your 10th birthday. And by the age of ten, your powers will starts to develop and that will make you easier to be detected by Xeno. That is also the period of time when you are most vulnerable to Xeno and danger.'

 

Taehyung caressed my cheek, wipping my flowing tears that coursed down my cheek without me noticing.

 

'Your parents have no choice but to erase your memories and order your keepers to bring you to earth and keep you safe.'

 

'My parents? My real parents?'

 

Taehyung nodded. 'I will not tell you about them now since they want to tell that to you personally. Tomorrow.'

 

I slightly nodded, grateful.

 

He looked down slightly before looking at me through my eyes. That was when I noticed his eyes were glossy. The moonlight that shone on his eyes from the window made it even obvious that he was trying to hold on his tears.

 

His voice cracked a little.

 

'We missed you so badly. I missed you even more.'

 

My heart twisted a little. He is sad, seeing him sad... makes me sad too.

 

'But never mind! You are now back now with me so everything is going to be okay!' Taehyung beamed as he suddenly turned happy and delightful.

 

I laughed for the first time ever since the first time I reached here, laughing at his sudden change of mood which is weird and funny.

 

Taehyung also broke into a smile which I feel it suit him better than being sad.

 

'I'll let you rest for a while. You can take a bath and change into the clothes that I left in your wardrobe. I will come and pick you in an hour for the tour, so get ready.' He gently patted the top of my head and with a smile, he left the room.

 

I looked around the room. The wall was painted in light purple which was my favorite colour and the study table and furniture were all well matched.

 

I guessed I have to adapt to this environment right? 

 

I thought as I sauntered into the bathroom.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

THANKS FOR READ/COMMENT/SUBSCRIBE!!!