Chapter 3

My scar girl

I stand side by side with Taehyung in front of my house, taking one last glance hoping that the image will be photocopied in my mind before I left here forever.

 

I turned to Taehyung.

 

'We can't stay here even for one more day?'

 

He shooked his head, grim.

 

'We must leave here before they find you.'

 

I blinked. 'Where are we going now?'

 

'To where you truely belong.' He gave me a reasurring smile, despite all the devastating events that just happened a few hours ago.

 

He continued, 'There are still many things that you are not aware of. When we reach the Guardian's court, I will tell you more, okay?'

 

I nodded and muttered a soft 'okay'. 

 

After all the years living here, leaving this place was quite a hard thing for me.

 

'Are you sure that you have packed all the things that you want to bring with you?' Taehyung asked as he tapped the backpack that I was carrying on my back.

 

I unconsiously held on tighter on my bag which was a gift from my Mum and Dad on my 17th birthday and walked closer to my house. These are all the things that I have from my parents.

 

'I packed all the things but not the memories.' I looked down at my shoes, playing with my fingers.

 

'Come here.' Taehyung beckoned with his hand to me.

 

Confused, I tooked a few steps towards him.

 

He wrapped his hand around my back, with one caressing my hair, enclosing me to one comfort hug.

 

'What are you do-' 

 

Taehyung cutted my sentence with his words as he looked down to me.

 

'I will help you to create memories. I will care for you. I will stand by your side whenever you face difficuties. I will make you smile, make you happy every single day of your life. And I will protect you.'

 

He swiped his thumb over my cheeks to dry my tears that were falling unconsiously.

 

'Don't cry. I know you still looked pretty even though you are crying, but stop crying. It hurts my heart.' He muttered as he looked deeply into my eyes.

 

I cracked into a small smile. 

 

Feeling embarrassed, I leaned my head against his shoulder, unaware of the grin that was brought by, by my action.

 

We stood like that for a few more seconds before Taehyung saying that it was getting late and unsafe when it was dark.

 

'Let's go.'

 

Taehyung held my hand and immediately we were both teleported to a new place that I have never been before. I took a good look at the new place. 

 

It was beautiful. The leaves on the trees was in pretty lush green and the air was fresh, unlike the place that I was living in previously.

 

And both of us were standing in front of a tall, majestic building. The bushes and flowers at the side added value to the pristine aura of the building.

 

The light rays from the sunset shone on us, spreading warmth around my body, making me feel like home.

 

'Wow' was the only word that managed to escape from my lips.

 

'You will like it even more when we go in.' 

 

Taehyung squeezed my palm that was interlocked with his, bringing me back from my own sea of thoughts.

 

I nodded, feeling a tingle of excitement as he led me through the main door of the building.

 

Taehyung led me to a crowded counter which I concluded that that was the reception counter as it was surrounded by students who seems to be questioning the receptionist something.

 

Feeling a little overwhelm by the number of people there, I felt a little uncomfortable as I held Taehyung's hand a little tighter than before.

 

As if he knows what's on my mind, he casted me a reasurring smile as he whispered, 'I'm with you.'

 

Even though these were just simple words, it did helped me alleviating my feeling of fear and I don't know why, I just felt safe and secure with this guy that I just know a few hours ago. 

 

When we reached the counter, everyone seems to avert their attention to us. I blinked uneasily as I felt their stares, especially those that were on me.

 

The silence was broke when one from the crowd spoke out.

 

'Is she her?'

 

'Yes. She is the one.' Taehyung annouced as he took a brief glance at the crowd.

What I did not expect was them cheering loudly at my presence.

 

'Oh my god! Eunbyul is finally here!'

 

'I'm so happy that she is alright!'

 

'Eunbyul is so cute with her red cheeks!'

 

'I'm glad she is safe now!'

 

'She looks pretty!'

 

I was taken aback by their cheers and comments.

 

 I thought... I thought they are going to throw eggs and flour at me, just like that time when I went back to school the day after when the scar came.

 

When I turned to Taehyung, he smiled brightly at me before turning back to the crowd.

 

'Okay guys okay guys. We have some things to do and on her behalf, thanks for your warm welcome for her.' 

 

Taehyung winked at me, with a playful smile decorating his lips.

 

Some in crowd groaned that they do not have chance to talk to me, some giggled and the others cooed 'so sweet'.

 

Yes. That made me blushed.

 

In the mist of the commotion, Taehyung draged me out of the crowd and headed to somewhere where he said that he needs to bring me to see the president. Probably the president of this building, I guessed.

 

We walked up the stairs before turning into a few corridors that were long enough to fit a throng of people.

 

Along the corridors, there were several painting hung, depicting a paint of angels and guardians working together.

 

'Interesting, right?' Taehyung beamed at me.

 

I nodded, 'It's really interesting. Who draw these painting?'

 

'The keepers. They are all gifted with drawing talent. And that's what made them the keepers to take down all the details and protect the Guardians.' Taehyung explained patiently as we sauntered through the corridor.

 

I smiled slightly, thankful for his explaination. 

 

I continued looking around the long corridor, awared that if Taehyung wasn't here to lead me, I would be lost in this 'maze'.

 

'Here, we have reached the President's office.'

 

I looked at the sign that was securely nailed with golden nail to the brown, wooden door at its four ends.

 

-Park Jae Young-

 

Park? The President have the same surname as me! Perhaps that is just coincidence.

 

Taehyung knocked a few times on the door before we heard a faint 'come in'. Out of the blue, I felt a little nervous. Probably I am meeting the President, or not.

 

I held my breath as I walked into the room behind Taehyung as he led me.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Thanks for reading ^^^