Lost and Found

JINHOON ISLAND
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Notes:

This is an au so don’t take this seriously. This is something that crossed my mind while lying on my bed and listening to random music and I quickly wrote it down. I’m actually not that confident, but I tried my best, though I got too cheesy at the end.

 

Prompt :

An au where Winner is only consists of four members and Jinwoo is an underground dancer.

Seunghoon lost something as even as his breathing and Jinwoo came just when his dreams start crashing in front of him.

/idk if I gave justice to this tho lol/

ignore the title, i at that...

enjoy ^_^ and please leave a comment..

 

Breathes

1

2

3

Seunghoon stares at his reflection in the mirror, sweat covering his face as his chest heaves up and down.

1

2

3

He counts again swallowing the lump on his throat as the music blast on the background.

1

2

3

This is it! He can make it, just one more and he can make it.

1

2

3

Fails!

Groaning, Seunghoon drops his body on the floor. It makes a loud thud sound but it doesn’t hurt. It doesn’t hurt when his whole body is numb. When he can only feel is the failure. When he can only hear is the music playing as if mocking him.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Hyung.” The voice of his leader shocks him. It’s almost dawn and he should be resting but instead of sleeping, Seungyoon is sitting on their leather sofa, worried written all over his face as his hands holds a cup.

“Why are you still up?” He asks the younger, brows furrow as he stride over to the sofa, sitting next to Seungyoon.

“Why did you stay up late again?” the younger asks, handing him the lukewarm coffee. Seunghoon takes it and mutters a quick thank you before sipping the bitter liquid.

 “I still need to finish our new choreography.” The older answers shortly, his tone settling the conversation but Seungyoon didn’t wait for hours just to have the same reason he heard multiple times now. He wants to know why his oldest member suddenly feels so distant from them.

“Hyung, is something troubling you?” Seungyoon’s hands quickly pull Seunghoon back when the latter tries to stands. “Hyung, you do know that you can talk with us. We can help you.” The younger tries to hold the other’s hand but Seunghoon has his fisted tightly. Seungyoon knows it’s a sign that he doesn’t want to talk about it but the elder has been acting like this since the CEO order them to prepare for their much awaited come back.

Seungyoon understands him. The leader understands the burden but its Seunghoon sudden indifference that he couldn’t understand. He wasn’t like this before. He used to be so energetic, so passionate that everyone admires him. Even their official choreographer envies Seunghoon’s talent of putting stories in his moves. Fans respect him for a wonderful story on their choreography. They even try to decipher what every move means and Seunghoon sometimes brags about the fans knowing it better than them.

But something had change and Seungyoon is determined to bring it back.

“Yoon, I don’t want to talk about it and it has nothing to do with the team, so you don’t really need to worry.” Seunghoon ends the conversation just like that, standing and heading straight to his room not even glancing at the young leader who is left on the sofa, stunned.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

1

2

3

Seunghoon closes his eyes, counting threes in his head for the fifth time that night. He let the music flow through his veins; he let his body be filled with the rhythm. Slowly but surely, he opens his eyes meeting his own gaze in the mirror.

1

2

3

GO

Seunghoon moves his hands along with his feet, slowly feeling the adrenaline rushing in his body. His moves are fluids and smooth. He can’t feel his feet touching the floor but hears the sounds that are coming from the contact. He can feel the member’s admiring gaze on him, can hear the cheer of Mino for him, he can see through the mirror the broad smile on Seungyoon’s lips and he can hear Taehyun’s clap.

This is it, he is finally back. The rhythm the he had lost is back and he feels complete again. The happiness in his chest bubbles up and he feels like flying. He feels like he is floating in the air.

STOP

Seunghoon looks around, his vision blurred and spinning and he feels like throwing up his dinner.

“Hyung, are you okay?” Seungyoon’s worried voice snaps him out and he tries, he really did but he fails. He falls in the floor with a loud thud just like every night but this time he isn’t alone, he is with the members that quickly gathers him and carries him but his destination is unknown to him as he lost focus and everything turns black.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Don’t force yourself.” Taehyun tells him a week after he passed out while presenting their new dance routine. “The doctor said that you exhaust yourself too much and you need a lot of rest.” The youngest member blocks his way, leaning on the doorframe with his arms crossed in front of his chest.

“I’ve been hauled up in the dorm for a week. It’s enough rest for me.” Seunghoon calmly says trying to push Taehyun away but the younger doesn’t even budge.

“Hyung, can you just be honest with us?” Mino’s voice comes behind, trapping him in the doorway.

“I’m fine, I’m as good as new so stop worrying.” A deep sigh follows his word. He is fine, he is aware of his own condition and really he is more than okay. He’s not suffering from some illness, he is just exhausted, stressed and tired but he is fine.

“Now boys if you excuse me, I still got three songs to choreograph and you standing in my way won’t allow me to finish them.” Taehyun shifts on his feet before stepping aside albeit reluctantly and Seunghoon flashes them his famous cheeky smile to further assure them.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

Seungyoon watches intently, his eyes lock on his oldest member every moves. It’s still the same, nothing really changes. He still moves fluidly, he perfected every step just like always. Seunghoon is on his own element, something that no one can break. He is a gem, everyone knows that. He respects him for being a genius, for bringing out the best in them and for sticking for the team even though they had it tough.

“So?” Seunghoon is panting hard, catching his breath as he stands in the middle of the practice room. He is asking particularly no one. Everyone inside the room is free to tell their opinion about his dance. Everyone can criticize him, can praise him and can make a comment but all he got in return is an exasperated sigh coming from their CEO.

“Postpone your comeback, Seunghoon, you are better than this.” The voice that usually praises Seunghoon nonstop sounds so disappointed this time. He feels the tension in the air as he watches s change glances at the corner of his eyes.

“But it’s perfect, it fits the song well.” He argues, not wanting to admit defeat. The CEO stops on his track giving him a firm gaze.

“You should find yourself.” The old man utters before turning on his heels and leaving Seunghoon stuck on his spot, frustrated.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

“What the does he mean?” Seunghoon shouts as soon as his feet lands inside their dorm. “Why should I find myself when I am here, breathing, dancing and living my dreams?” He looks at Mino but the younger can only manages a simple shrugs before entering his room.

“Hyung maybe something is missing?” Seungyoon carefully approaches him, hand coming on his shoulder. “Maybe we need more time, we can wait for you.”

“Why will you wait for me?” Seunghoon hisses, voice becoming louder and louder at every words. “I am not going anywhere and we will comeback as planned.” He brushes the hand on his shoulder too harsh than he intended. Guilt creeps on his system when he sees the look on Seungyoon’s face. He can’t describe it but he knew it’s between worry, pity and disappointment.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

Seunghoon spends his days and nights inside the practice room finding out what is wrong with his dance only to return back home empty handed. He still couldn’t find what’s wrong. He gains back his rhythm but it deemed to not satisfy everyone around him. He had a talk to the CEO three days after the reprimanding tone. He danced in front of the old man, he gave his best but the man in title wasn’t impressed even a little bit. He didn’t even bother commenting about his newly choreograph song and just sent him out after telling him again to take a break, and breathe some fresh air.

“I don’t understand.” Seunghoon mutters looking up at the blinding lights in the middle of the dark ceiling. “I’ve been here for years but where am I lacking? Just what am I lacking?” He glances on his side. He just bought his shoes weeks ago but it’s so worn out, like it’s being use for a decade. The floor is wet from his sweat and his body is sticky against it.

“What is wrong?” tears run down his face, hands coming to wipes them and stop them from streaming down. It’s a futile action though; nothing can stop his tears, not when his dreams are starting to crumble down.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Are you sure you’re going to be okay?” Seunghoon peeks from his blanket. Their manager is looking at him skeptically as if he still wants to say something but just can’t utter it.

“I’m fine.” He answers shortly covering his face again. He hears the footstep fading away, the faint voice of Seungyoon telling Taehyun to hurry up and the soft music playing in the room next to his.

Sorry Hoon but the CEO said to cancel all your activities and give you time to recover and reflect. A bitter laugh leaves his lips. Why does he need to recover when all his bones are intact and properly working? Why does he need to reflect when all he does is to dance and think of the team’s comeback?

He wills his body to left his bed. He’s been lying for days, thinking of a way to convince s to let him left the dorm, to dance again but the three are so adamant in caging him inside. He wants to breathe and his only way of breathing is to dance. He feels so suffocated.

“Mino.” He softly knocks on the door; the music is still playing and hasn’t heard this song before. It’s probably one of their songs or for Show me the money.

He never expresses it but he is jealous of Mino. No, it’s not just a simple jealousy. His feelings are all muddle up that he didn’t know what is his real feelings are. He is proud of the younger but sometimes he can’t help but wish he is there too, on the stage and being the best version of himself.

“Hyung?” Mino has a worried look on his face. He never said it but he hates how they are all worried for him when there’s no reason to be at all.

“Can I just take a walk?” He feels like an underage kid who needs his parents’ permission before going out but he doesn’t have the energy to argue with anyone right now. He just wants to be alone, walk until he found what is missing.

Mino thinks for a while before giving him a faint smile. “Sure hyung.” Mino ruffles his hair before going back inside his room and the music just get louder.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

It’s dark when Seunghoon realizes that he’s been walking too far from their dorm. It’s probably due to his busy mind thinking of his situation rather than his destination. But surprisingly he doesn’t feel tired; he isn’t even panting, maybe a little thirsty and hungry but not beat.

He’s passing at one of the tall building when a loud music catches his attention. It’s not coming from the dark building but from under it. Curiosity gets him and he’s soon striding at the dark alley following the sound. There’s nothing accompanying the sounds and he feels anxious as the sounds grow louder.

There, at the center of the wide room is a man, shorter than him, in a grey hoodie and shorts, dancing alone with his eyes close. The man moves isn’t as sharp as his. He still got some flaws but there’s something that makes Seunghoon stays, leaning against the open door.

The man has a smile on his lips as he makes a hard move, jumping and landing on the perfect position. His shoes makes a screeching sounds as it collides on the floor but it does nothing to distract the man. His moves become sharper and more fluid as the song reaches its . His feet moves expertly and his hands move softly against the rhythm.

“YES!” The man shouts as he lands on the last pose, dropping on his knees as he runs a hand on his hair. His hoodie dropping and Seunghoon didn’t expect such a good looking man behind that grey hoodie.

The man lies on the floor, panting hard as the music slowly dies in the background. It reminds him of his trainee days, how tired he is but the satisfaction of completing a routine pays for it. He is full of passion during those times, wanting nothing but to prove to everyone that he deserves to stand on his dream stage. He works hard, practice all night until he couldn’t feel his limbs anymore. He gave his best, dancing with enthusiasm.

He unconsciously claps his hand startling the man that abruptly stands and faces him. There’s confusion on his furrowed brows before it turns to something akin to familiarity.

“Lee Seunghoon?” The man tentatively calls him, voice hesitating as he slowly advance closer to him.

Seunghoon tightens his hold on the pocket of his own hoodie as he tries to act normally. It’s been a while since he met someone who recognized him.

“Winner Lee Seunghoon?” The man has a bright grin on his face when he faintly nods his head, a small smile grazing on his lips.

“You recognized me.” He mutters lowly that earns him a snigger from the man.

“Oh come on, who wouldn’t know you? The dancing genius of Winner.” The man giggles, probably trying to ease the awkwardness in the air.

“I’m not.” He brushes off, eyes wandering around at the whole room. “What is this place?” he asks as he heads to where the speaker is set, sitting next to it and silently waiting for the man to approach him.

“My palace.” The man laughs before sitting next to him, a hand soon presented in fron

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter