Eighth

JINHOON ISLAND
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 it's been a while since i wrote JINHOON and halfway through writing this and i'm lost but i hope you will still enjoy this..

and i can't think of a title so please recommend some.. 

 

 

Jinwoo wants to forget, drown on his alcohol and let his feeling sunk down as his tears flow and drown him along with the bitterness of his heart. He gulps another glass, not minding the look the bartender gave him. He needs to forget, he needs to numb his senses, and he doesn’t want to recall, to remember the pain. He wonders where he had it all wrong. They were happy, a perfect couple who envied by a lot. There was not a day that he forgot to tell her how much he loves her, he makes sure that she always feels it, sees it, sense it but maybe his love was just too much for her. It overflows and she was overwhelmed everything just spilled out.

 

 

Jinwoo breathes thought it is difficult task for now. He can feel the weight on his pocket, it’s there to remind him that he was too late, that he should have been braver, and he should have been bolder. He swigs another glass but he couldn’t taste the bitterness of the alcohol.

 

With his spinning vision, he looks at his left. There’s a pretty lady next to him, flirting with the bartender with her cleavage on sight and long fingernails painted in red. She is pretty but still too far away from her. His hazy mind works on its own. He pushes the new filled glass, hitting the girl’s long fingers and halting her from talking at the bartender. She looks at him, eyes smiling unforgivably fake and he should be running away before it’s too late but he guess alcohol could never numb him from the pain and maybe this girl can help him.

 

“Thanks.” It’s a man’s voice and he watches as fingers enclosed themselves around the glass and lifts it closer to the man’s lips. He chugs it down, wincing before smiling at the two of them. He sees the man’s hand drapes on the girl’s shoulder and that’s when he feels a weight on his.

 

He turns back on his new serve glass, eyes staring at the clear liquid. He can see at the corner of his eyes how the man whispers on the lady’s ear, lips grazing slightly over it. The man looks so skilled at what he is doing and Jinwoo is nowhere near him. He can still feel the man’s arm around him, it’s heavy but it’s not uncomfortable.

 

“Why don’t you two join us?” The man tightens his arm around his neck and drags him closer. His smells like smoke, alcohol and girls’ perfumes. He couldn’t make them out but it does smell horrible for his nose but then nothing smell nice to him except her scents.

 

He let the guy pulls them to a table full of girls and some more guys. He can tell even in his moving vision that some of them are too drunk to care. He sits idly between unknown people, watching everyone make out with their partners. He looks on his side and sees the man with a girl on his lap, their lips so close to each other but they are not kissing just talking in hush voice and the man’s hand is on her thigh, massaging it softly. The girl besides him starts squirming on her seat, probably uncomfortable at the atmosphere. He would never have thought of kissing someone other than her but something is pushing him and telling him to just hit on the girl.

 

A jab on his side jolts him up and the man who drags him at that table smiles at him. It’s blindingly bright for a man who drank too much for a night but he returns it, small and simple, just stretching the corner of his lips.

 

“You’re new here?”  The man shouts over his right ear, the music too loud for them to exchange whispers. He nods his head; he wants to drink something, to hold on to something. The weight on his pocket is hunting him and its getting heavier as his mind wanders on the girl beside him. “Seunghoon.” The man introduces himself, one arm around on his shoulder again and the other on the girl next to him.

 

He glances on his left, the girl next to him is talking at the guy on the other side of the table and from the looks of it everything is going fine though the man has a girl on his lap. Seunghoon pulls him and he looks over only to find the same blinding smile directed at him. Seunghoon hands him a glass, bigger than what he had been drinking before and the liquid isn’t crystal clear. The smell isn’t really that appealing too but Seunghoon encourages him so he chugs it down and the latter quickly gives him a slice of lemon. He mutters thanks but Seunghoon is busy kissing the girl and he busies himself looking over the other patron around the table.

 

A hand on his thigh and a breath on his left ear send shivers on his spine. He can smell the strong perfume knocking his lungs out. He curtly shifts away, not wanting to offend the lady. He offers her a smile as he tries to stand but the girl’s hand on his thigh doesn’t budge.

 

“Excuse me.” He mutters removing the hand on his thigh before he pleads his wobbling legs to cooperate until he reaches the comfort room. He shouldn’t be doing this, his mind is telling him to just kiss him and let himself be lost even in one night but his heart, he feel it being pricked every time he thinks of kissing other girls.

 

“You shouldn’t be drinking if you can’t hold it.” He looks back from where he is slouching. His knees are on the floor as his hand grasps for something to hold on so he can pull himself back on his feet.

 

Seunghoon offers his hand and he accepts it, putting all his weight on his hand he accidentally pulls Seunghoon down with him. The other laughs as they sit on the floor and Jinwoo thinks it’s unfair. How can someone laugh so heartily, like he has everything in the world while someone like him feels like a broken piece of a vase forgotten at the corner as everyone moves on?

 

 

 

Seunghoon peaks on his room, eyes watching closely the man sleeping on his bed. His pastel color blanket still covers the man’s body. He looks peaceful like that, eyes close and breathing calmly unlike the previous night. His feet continue its journey to his kitchen, hands automatically opening the fridge to get some water. His headache isn’t as bad as what he had suffered before. It’s probably because he went home earlier than usual. He would have gotten that girl’s number if not only for the man on his bed right now. The man didn’t even bother to introduce himself and just mumbled words that even genius wouldn’t understand. If his mother found out that he let a stranger intrude his house too openly, she would nag him for a day but he couldn’t just leave the man alone or let the man take his journey home alone.

 

He had tried to ask the man about what happened to him on their ride to his home but the man just muttered names. A girl name escaped his lips and Seunghoon came to a conclusion the he suffered in a bad break up. How bad was it that he had thrown everything that night?

 

He brings a glass of water in his room, silently putting it on his nightstand before getting the pill that he used to take when he drank too much. He put a pill beside the glass, hoping the man would get his message once he woke up. He watches the man for a minute before going back to his kitchen to get himself a real breakfast.

 

 

 

It was half past noon when his stranger visitor woke up and rose in his bed. He can hear the groans coming from his room but he didn’t really bother to help him. The man had messed his house last night and it was enough of cleaning for him. Seunghoon let the man knows that he’s not alone by dropping the spatula on the sink louder than necessary. He waits until the sounds of the water running stops and soon the man comes out of his room.

 

His messy hair sticking at every direction and his scrunched up face is a sign that he doesn’t have the best night of his life.

 

“I’m really sorry for intruding.” The man awkwardly stands a few feet away from him. He’s bowing in a perfect posture and Seunghoon knew the man had no intention of staying longer from the way his feet clumsily step on his cold floor.

 

“It’s fine.” Seunghoon assures the man that his words are sincere by pulling up his lips too high. It probably look fake but he really meant what he said or maybe not really.

 

The man continues his little journey little by little, head bowing deeper as he nears the door. Seunghoon follows him, amused smile on his face as he watches the disheveled man stumble on his front door.

 

“You didn’t even bother to return the favor by telling your name and now you’re going to leave me?” Seunghoon’s words stop the man from putting his shoes and he looks at him under the stray of hairs covering his face. “You do know that I literally drag your drunken here and let you sleep in my bed after spewing on my little tidy house, right?” The man nods his head reluctantly, probably recalling the memories of last night.

 

“I’m sorry again..” The man finished tying his shoes before straightening up and facing him completely. He looks at Seunghoon, head tilted and.

 

“Seunghoon.” Seunghoon serves the name the man probably forgot and the man smiles at him. He looks handsome, Seunghoon admit but it doesn’t really give him a free pass to leave his place. “I made you a hangover soup.” Seunghoon says turning around to walk over his kitchen. “If you want to suffer from headache all day, you can leave.”

 

The man sits across him, embarrass and shy and he looks like a kick puppy. He serves him the soup and the man reluctantly tastes it. Seunghoon wants to say a sneaky remarks but the man sighs in satisfaction and quietly thanks him. He eats his lunch along with the man who smiles at him when their eyes meet.

 

“So may I have the privilege of knowing my visitor’s name?” Seunghoon asks easing the tension in the air that somewhat envelops them through their silence.

 

“Jinwoo.” Came a hoarse reply and the man clear his throat before uttering his name again, much clearer this time.

 

“You must never drink again.” Seunghoon says voice lace with actual concern.

 

“I’m really sorry last night.” Jinwoo put down his spoon before looking at him and Seunghoon was startled by the intense stare the man is giving him right now. “It wasn’t really my intention to get drunk and let someone took care of me. I was careless.” Jinwoo bows at him again and Seunghoon would be rich now if he received a penny every time the man did that.

 

Seunghoon wanted to ask what happened, wanted to see a clearer image but he bit his tongue, willing the words to stay on his throat, not wanting to make things more awkward than how they already are. He continues munching his food, looking up from time to time to glances at Jinwoo who seems on deep thought as he finishes his bowl.

 

“Did I.” Jinwoo starts, biting his lips and looking directly at his eyes. “Did I do something weird last night?”

 

Seunghoon would make fun of him; tell some lies if not for Jinwoo looking so worried and flushed. He smirks, shaking his head, swallowing his food before speaking. “Well, aside from tripping over nothing and calling someone’s name.” Jinwoo flinches at his words and he smile to tell him its fine. “You do embarrass yourself in front of me but you didn’t do anything that requires you to be so worried.”

 

A sigh of relief and soon he feels Jinwoo relaxes around him, shoulders drop and body easing at his presence. It’s funny, Seunghoon should be the one tense, he’s the one with a stranger inside his house and he only knew the man’s name and nothing more. What if he’s a murderer, a thief or someone who is crazy enough to hurt him but here he is, smiling every time he hears the slurping sound the other is making.

 

It’s late in the afternoon and Jinwoo is lying on his couch, head still aching and stomach still churning. Seunghoon had offered his shower and his old clothes and Jinwoo thanked him over and over again and apologized at the same time.

 

“Bad break up?” Seunghoon curiosity gets the best of him as he sits and offer Jinwoo a cup of tea. The latter looks at him, terrified and still looking pained. He didn’t say a thing and Seunghoon understand that the man doesn’t want to talk about it. He must still be hurting and talking about it would only open the wound wider.

 

“I don’t know.” Jinwoo whispers sitting on the side of the couch, hugging his knees before sipping his tea. “She said she loves me. I thought we were perfect, I thought we were ready but she suddenly said the she couldn’t, that she couldn’t breathe and that she never pictured us in her future and that I was too much for her.” There are tears in Jinwoo’s eyes and Seunghoon wanted to wipe them but he stopped himself. “And I don’t know what to feel, I can’t feel anything. She’s everything for me and I loved her for so long and she’s always there whenever I talk about my future and I’m ready to give her everything but she turn away from me and it hurts, it hurts so bad.” Jinwoo cried, face buried on his arms and he’s sobbing and Seunghoon stands from where he is sitting and kneels beside Jinwoo. He runs a hand on his back and no matter how much he wants to tell him that it will be fine and that he will be okay, he couldn’t. He knew the feeling, he’s been there before and he it because he couldn’t do anything to take Jinwoo’s pain away.

 

Jinwoo left late at night that day and he would probably stay longer if it’s not for his mother’s worried call. Seunghoon saw him in front of his door, offered to drive him home but Jinwoo declined, swollen eyes smiling at him before leaving with a promise that he will pay Seunghoon in the future.

 

 

 

15 nights later and Seunghoon found himself between his friend and a girl they fetch inside the club. It’s too early for a girl hunting but his friend insisted to have them on their table and he doesn’t want to kick his friend’s happiness away. He sits idly, itching to attach his lips on the girl’s neck but the girl is too occupied, talking to his friend and treating him like an invisible man. Scowling, he looks around, maybe there’s some better girl at the corner but his eyes land on the man who just enter the club, that handsome man that walk out of his house two weeks ago.

 

Jinwoo isn’t wearing a formal suit and tie like before. He is more casual tonight and Seunghoon would be glad to have Jinwoo’s company while they look for girls for the night. His lips curve as Jinwoo looks around and he swears their eyes met but Jinwoo acts like he doesn’t see him. Then the man started walking and his lips drop in disappointment when Jinwoo walks pass their table. He follows him by his eyes and sees him greeting a bunch of men on the other table. They hugged Jinwoo and some even ruffles his hair. He’s probably here for them and not for him and he pushes his plan of getting girls using Jinwoo’s charms.

 

 

Its past midnight when his eyes catch a glimpse of Jinwoo’s table and the latter isn’t sitting next to the long hair guy and he couldn’t see him anywhere near him. The girl next to him touches his thigh, too close on his crotch and he jolts up almost hitting his friend sitting beside him. He laughs nervously, his plan of getting laid tonight vanishes like thin air, no girls seem to get his attention and the girl beside him wears too much make up, no he wants a simple one, like the girl his friend is kissing right now. He looks back on Jinwoo’s table only to see Jinwoo sitting with a girl. Jinwoo has a poor taste on girls, he concludes. He watches them an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter