Love Sign

❤♡ One Shot Collection ♡❤
 
Love Sign
Staring: Kwon Min Young (OC) x Kim Myung Soo (Infinite)
Words: 1,650 words
Genre: Romantic Comedy
 


 

The school bell rang to indicate the end of Kwon Mi Young’s shift as an assistant kindergarten teacher. She had always loved kids and their lovable cheerful nature, so working with them naturally seemed like paradise. Even as she helped the little ones get ready to be picked up by their families, she still felt the joy.

 
As usual, there was always this one little boy who stayed behind even when everyone else left. He never cried, complained, or got angry, but he continued to play happily with his teacher instead.
 
“Myung Jae, should we call your brother?” Mi Young asked as they were both playing with some toy cars. It had been over ten minutes now, and she started to feel sorry for the bright little guy.
 
“Hmm, do you want his number? I memorized it!” Myung Jae asked with big wide eyes as he looked up with a huge grin.
 
“Sure,” Mi Young nodded as she watched Myung Jae get up on his feet and ran to get a paper and some colorful crayons. After he had found one, he started to scribble down some vague numbers on the paper. Luckily, Mi Young was well trained to identify a child’s handwriting.
 
“Thank you,” she said as she tousled Myung Jae’s hair, seeing him grin even more. As she dialed the number and placed the phone against her ears, she forgot one important thing. She had secretly always noticed this person, but never got to know his name. This was a good opportunity to find out. “What’s your brother’s name again?”
 
“Myung Soo hyung~”
 
“Ah, right,” Mi Young nodded as she listened to the dial tone at the other line. She waited for several seconds, but noticed how it was directed to his voicemail box. This was strange, did something perhaps happen to this Myung Soo person? He couldn’t have forgotten about his brother now, could he?
 
“Hyung!!! You’re here!!!!” Myung Jae’s loud voice broke her thoughts. He abandoned all his toy cars and crayons as he quickly ran to the tall guy standing at the doorframe.
 
As Mi Young spun around, she felt her heart skip a beat. It wasn’t the first time she had seen Myung Jae’s older brother, but every time she did, she still stood mesmerized at his sculpture-like features and beauty.
 
“I’m sorry for being late,” the equally enchanting voice spoke as his eyes looked at Mi Young.
 
“T-that’s okay,” Mi Young stuttered as she felt her anger disappear at once. She had already made up her mind to lecture this person who was always late to pick up his brother, but that plan completely failed.
 
“Hyung, I gave your number to Mi Young noona,” Myung Jae announced as he kept tugging unto Myung Soo’s sleeves.
 
“Were you the one calling me?” Myung Soo asked as he looked at his phone and noticed the unknown number. “I’ll save it.”
 
“S-sure,” Mi Young nodded. She had to mentally yell at herself for stuttering so much. It wasn’t like she was crushing on this Myung Soo guy now, was she? He just looked very attractive, that’s all.
 
“Thank you for taking care of my little brother,” Myung Soo said as he flashed a dazzling smile, just enough to make Mi Young feel weak in the knees.
 
“I’m not little! I’m almost as tall as you!” Myung Jae insisted with a pout.
 
Myung Soo started to laugh as he picked Myung Jae up and allowed him to sit on his shoulder. “Now you’re taller than me.”
 
“I told you!” Myung Jae laughed heartedly.
 
Mi Young smiled as she watched their interaction. A part of her was a little disappointed that Myung Soo was leaving, she had honestly hoped she could talk more with him. She didn’t know why she had such desires – perhaps it was her duty as a good teacher assistant to get to know every family member of her students.
 

 

That night however, things started to change. Myung Soo started to text her, apologizing for coming late, and she casually replied it was okay. In reality, her hands kept trembling in bashfulness as she thought of something good to say. One thing led to another, and Myung Soo somehow managed to keep the conversation going.
 
Days turned into weeks, and Mi Young was quite surprised how much they had talked to one another. She had learned so much about him in that short amount of time: like how he loves black, does photography in his free time, and was planning to publish his own book. It was safe to say she no longer admired his beauty, but she admired him as a person.
 
The one thing that never changed, however, was his habit in arriving late to pick Myung Jae up. Whenever he showed up, Myung Jae always insisted they stayed a bit longer because he wanted to finish up his crayon drawing. As the young one was immersed in his own little world, Myung Soo and Mi Young were always stuck together and had no choice but to converse even more with each other.
 
“Does your brother work around this hour?” Mi Young asked Myung Jae as they did the usual routine waiting for Myung Soo to arrive. She had always wondered why the guy was always late and decided to break her curiosity.
 
“Nope,” Myung Jae answered as he continued drawing on his paper.
 
Mi Young scrunched her eyebrows together, trying to come up with a theory for his bizarre timing. “Is there a huge traffic on the road, maybe?” she tried guessing again.
 
“No, we walk home. It’s only 10 minutes away from school,” Myung Jae said as he was bobbing his head to a tune he was humming.
 
The girl let out a sigh as she placed a hand against her head, ready to give up. “Why does he always arrive so late?”
 
“Don’t you know, noona?” Myung Jae finally stopped drawing as he placed the crayons on the ground and looked up at her with his big innocent eyes. His lips curved up into a wide smile as he finally answered:
 
“Because hyung likes you.”
 
Mi Young felt her heart skip a beat again as she looked at Myung Jae’s gullible face. Kids never knew what they were saying anyway, so she couldn’t trust this little guy. Why would Myung Soo like her anyway? They just met.
 
“You know you’re not supposed to lie,” she said with an awkward laugh. When she looked up towards the door, Myung Soo was already standing there staring back at her with a flustered face. Her heart continued to race uncontrollably, all because of a six-year old’s words.
 
“I’m not lying!” Myung Jae insisted as he got up from his spot and ran towards his hyung for a hug. “Hyung, tell noona that I’m not lying! Tell her that you like her.”
 
“Ah...” Myung Soo was at a loss for words. He could feel the heat rising to his cheeks as he tried his best to hide it from the girl. He started muttering something inaudible to his brother.
 
“Noona said we’re not supposed to lie, so tell her, hyung~” Myung Jae said wisely.
 
Mi Young was awestruck as Myung Soo turned to look at her right in the eyes before he quickly looked away. In that brief moment, she could see the shyness in his face and the genuinity in his eyes. Though he did not have to say it out loud, she suddenly started to realize the young boy might be right.
 
“You weren’t supposed to find out this way,” Myung Soo bit his lower lips in frustration as he started to scratch the back of his head. “I was planning something more special”
 
“Wait, so it’s true?” Mi Young’s jaws dropped open as she looked at the handsome guy with disbelief. Yes, she had always had a secret crush on him, which grew even bigger the moment they started talking. But she never imagined a moment he would actually like her back.
 
“Why else do you think I’m always late?” Myung Soo asked her.
 
“I don’t know. Why don’t you tell me?”
 
“So I could be with you longer,” Myung Soo admitted shyly. “If I came early, all the other parents and siblings would be here, and you wouldn’t have time to notice me. So I made a deal with Myung Jae to come a bit later to have a few extra minutes with you.”
 
Mi Young felt the constant thudding of her heart, feeling like she was dreaming. “So you made Myung Jae wait?” she asked, feeling her motherly instincts appear in the midst of her happiness.
 
“It’s okay, noona. I like spending more time with you too,” Myung Jae smiled adorably at her.
 
“I had to do something for you to notice me,” Myung Soo said as he finally gathered all his courage to look her straight in the eyes. “Cause I like you.”
 
Hearing those words washed away any kind of anger as she couldn’t help but smile at him.
 
“But I’ve always noticed you,” Mi Young said shyly, “Cause I like you too.”
 
Myung Soo seemed quite surprised that his feeling was returned. Even so, he was unable to hide his wide smile.
 
“Great, now noona can join us and walk me home as well!” Myung Jae concluded as he picked up his bright colored school bag. “Let’s go!”
 
The two watched as the little guy led the way in front of them and marched forward. They followed him from behind, walking side by side with each other as their arms occasionally touched.
 
There was no reason to come late anymore, for Myung Soo knew that Mi Young would notice him even if he was mingled among a sea of people. From now on, he would be the only person she could see in her heart.
 
 
====
 
Here you go! Sorry for the wait. I hope you like it! This is my first drabble~
I know how you don't like a sudden relationship, so I tried my best to create a moment of how they got together. Is this fluffy enough for you? hehehe.. And I added a cute kid, Myung Soo's imaginary brother~ :3
Thank you for the precious donation <3