Dream Guy

❤♡ One Shot Collection ♡❤


Dream Guy

Staring: Han Mira (OC), Minhyuk, Jooheon (Monsta X)
Words: 5,580 words
Genre: Romance, Slight Fantasy
 


 

“Han Mira…”

 
I felt the graze of soft fingers brushing against my chin, gently tilting my head upwards. His warm breath lingered against my lips. I could feel the physical distance between us closing. Soon he had his chest pressed against me, and his other hand began to roam on my back.
 
“Hm?” I vocalized my response, a small breathy whisper.
 
Everytime I tried to catch a glimpse of his face, my vision started to blur with black speckled dots. I wanted to take mental notes of little details I could find, but always ended up remembering the way he made me feel instead.
 
Desirable. Beautiful. Loved.
 
Everytime I met him, I wanted to know more about him. His gentle caresses couldn’t outweigh my desire for him entirely.
 
“You know I love you, right?”
 
My heart galloped in ecstasy, feeling a thousand different emotions swirling within me. This was what I had always longed for—to have an intimate relationship with the guy of my dreams and move on to the next stage, which was….
 
“Can I kiss you?” He asked, a soft tone that melted me.
 
...Physical intimacy.
 
I did not bother voicing out a reply, hurriedly reaching out my long and lean fingers to cup the side of his cheeks. It didn’t matter if I couldn’t see him, my heart reached out to him anyway. I felt his skin beneath my touch and lifted myself on my toes. His lips were in front of me, and I longed to feel them pressed against mine. I fluttered my eyes closed, pushing myself against him.
 
I kissed him.
 
I actually kissed him! He was surprisingly soft and dry, letting me do all the mouth work. So I opened my eyes, seeing the object I had molested.
 
My pillow.
 
“Noooooooooooo!!!!”
 

 
My mood for the entire day was set to do-not-speak-to-me. I stomped my feet as we walked through the school hallways, raging after yet another failed attempt in my dream. It wasn’t that I was thirsty for that kind of stuff, but dreaming about the same thing for three weeks straight in a row without ever being able to complete the kiss was frustrating. Imagine reading a good book only to have a page missing when it reached the .
 
On my side, Lee Minhyuk roared out with laughter. Considering he was pretty much my closest friend in this academy for the magically gifted people, I had told him about the weird occurrences.
 
At first the dreams were cute, like the sweet romance scenes you’d see in movies. We would go out on dates, a different theme every night. We went to a Parisian cafe and tried out macarons of every color. We also went for a fine dining experience, only to realize the filet mignon wouldn’t fill our entire appetite. Strange how my dreams mainly consisted of eating—my subconscious knew my innermost desires well.
 
Then it started to get more creative. There wasn’t a date place I haven’t been brought to in my dreams: an amusement park, the swimming pool, the cinemas, a bookstore, I’ve been to all places my heart desired.
 
There was only one problem, however.
 
“So, did you finally figure out the identity of your dream guy?” Minhyuk asked, obviously mocking me.
 
I sighed. He had every right to mock me. Despite the constant dreams, I had never been able to see his face. He was just kinda there. Kind of like when I used to dream about a famous person from another country, and we somehow conversed in the same language. Dreams made the illogical seem logical, and the impossible possible. Dreams made me a hopeless romantic.
 
“No,” I told him, showing how dejected I was. I wanted to meet him. “Isn’t there some way I could identify him? Isn’t there a spell that allows me to get rid of his stupid silhouette image?”
 
Minhyuk shrugged, not too concerned with my first world problem. “How are you even so sure it was a guy? Maybe it was a girl.”
 
That, I willingly decided to ignore.
 
“It has been occurring for three weeks. Three whole weeks, Minhyuk,” I emphasized, holding up three fingers against his face in case he didn’t hear me.
 
“That is quite suspicious indeed.” All joking aside, he thoughtfully nodded his head. I wasn’t sure he understood my problem.
 
“If it was indeed someone’s magic at work, could it be a student at this academy?” I asked, my eyes jolting open at the new possibility.
 
“Why would he be a coward and not meet you in person?” Minhyuk asked.
 
“Because I can be quite intimidating at first glance.”
 
“Mmm, I’ve always thought you were cute since our first meeting.”
 
I halted my steps at the same time when my heart forgot how to beat correctly. I stared at the back of Minhyuk’s dirty blond hair which masked the expression on his face after he had just made me blush.
 
“Please don’t say stuff like that. You’re crossing the borderline of our friendship,” I told him. He was not allowed to make me feel this way. My mission was set on finding my dream guy, quite literally.
 
Minhyuk stared at me weirdly, then broke into a smile. “So what if I cross the line? Will there be a punishment?”
 
Oh my God. Please. After that semi dream from last night, the last thing I needed was ambiguous vocabulary. Especially not from a Lee Minhyuk.
 
“I’m gonna go to the library to do some research.”
 
It was a good excuse to escape him, and I started prancing ahead. But he called me, stopping me.
 
“Do you really wanna know his identity that badly?”
 
I rolled my eyes. Hadn’t it been obvious enough?
 
“Okay, good luck!” He showed his thumbs up for support, and headed to another direction.
 

 
Luckily, my classes were done for the day. I could immerse myself in my intensive research about dream manipulation or visiting the subconscious. There was an encyclopedia listing the meaning of a dream in alphabetical order, but that was it.
 
“I’m sure there’s more,” I mumbled to myself, a bad habit I had when something bothered my mind. I opened up the library computer, trying different sets of keywords and...
 
“Aha!”
 
I knew I was overlooking something. I memorized the aisle section written on the screen, and went through the maze-like library to try and find it. It was called ‘Controlling The World of Dreams.’
 
I turned around the shelves, finally ending up at a secluded corner bearing the sign I had memorized. My fingers traced the front covers of other existing books, trying to find the one I’ve been looking for, but mer another problem.
 
“None! It’s not here!” I yelled out loud like a mania, wanting to rip my own hair out of frustration. That was when I realized someone was standing to my left, staring at me wide eyed, frozen in terror.
 
“Uhm…” There was no way I could’ve made a worse first impression, so I cleared my throat, and lowered my arms to my side. “Just trying to find a book.”
 
“Right…” The guy spoke, unsure what to do next. “Just trying to put one back.”
 
He was careful in his movement, making sure to keep a safe distance from me as if I was an untamed lion. He used his long arms to quietly push a book back in place, and holy mother of God, it was my book!
 
I gasped, jumping to reach the book before he could fully push it back inside. He retracted his hands as soon as I touched the book, still fearful of my sudden animated reaction.
 
“Sorry, I’m usually not like this. I just really needed this book. It will save my life,” I tried offering an explanation, smiling sheepishly at him.
 
“Learning how to enter the world of dreams is going to save your life?” He asked.
 
“You could say so.”
 
As I thanked him for returning the book, I realized he had gorgeous features. His hair was a washed out version of Minhyuk’s blond color. His eyes blazed with charisma even when he had jumped up in fear, but I could read a certain friendliness. He had an aura that accepted and welcomed just about anyone.
 
“I hope it will work out,” he said, and I noticed the rasp in his voice.
 
“Have you tried it out?” I asked, but he was already gone by the time I looked up from my book. Strange guy.
 
Either way, I was gonna check out the book.
 

 
During dinner time, we were all gathered in the main cafeteria. I held the book in my hand, trying to read my way through. I was quite a fast reader if I was really into it, and this was such a situation.
 
“Hey, you should eat first.”
 
I made a meek sound when the book was snatched from my hand. My eyes followed its direction, seeing the culprit being none other than Minhyuk.
 
“The food’s getting cold, you know. Think about the chef. The poor chef,” he said, pointing at my spoon and fork. He was going to trap me in his gaze forever until I did what he wanted.
 
“Give me my book back,” I said, holding my hand out to him.
 
He stared at my hand, and out of nowhere, decided it was okay to hold it. Not just the friendly type of holding, but the kind lovers do with their fingers all interlaced and stuff. My face flushed red immediately, shocked at his sudden action. I had only held hands with one guy in my entire life, which happened in my dream.
 
Instead of releasing me, he laughed instead, and offered the book back by placing it on the table. “If you’d like, I’ll offer you my service as a kind human being and feed you as you continue reading.”
 
My eyes widened at his speech. Without thinking, I quickly pulled my hand free, and picked up the spoon to start eating the soup. I was perfectly capable of doing it myself. I was afraid my heart would burst from prancing too fast if he actually did feed me.
 
“Ouch, I didn’t know you were so reluctant.” He pouted his lips, looking solemn for once. “You’d let the guy in your dreams feed you.”
 
“H-How do you know about that? I never told you about that particular dream!”
 
“You dreamed about kissing him, surely you must’ve done other things together,” he spoke easily, not seeing how misleading it could sound. “What kind of book got you so occupied anyway?”
 
He picked up the book as I gulped down the soup. Before I had a chance to explain, I saw a change in his usual cheery expression. He parted his lips in a circular shape, but didn’t say a word. Creases of wrinkles appeared on his forehead, but he didn’t voice his concern.
 
“Minhyuk? What’s wrong?” I asked, suddenly worried something may have happened to him.
 
Suddenly he turned to me with fear. “This book is haunted! Whoever keeps it for two days is going to die.”
 
I stared at him blankly, letting the silence stretch on, and then burst out into laughter. I knew Minhyuk could be quite eccentric and gullible at the same time, but it were stuff like these that made him stupidly adorable.
 
“I’ll just use a charm to increase my defense,” I told him, pulling the book unto my lap. “Besides, no dead spirit is gonna stop me from trying to identify this dream guy. If I have to, I’ll kill the ghost myself.”
 
“But it’s already dead.”
 
“Exactly my point. This shows my determination.”
 

 
Based on the information I have obtained, the trick wasn’t in a spell or potion itself, but rather the environment I would sleep in. It instructed me to try an aromatherapy method where a vanilla scented aroma had to be mixed with rose candles. Then I had to sleep wearing an eye mask, because closing my physical eyes would help open my spiritual one. And gaining control in the dream world was some sort of a spiritual experience.
 
The rituals at this academy could get pretty ridiculous, but I have only heard success stories from other people. So I placed my black cat-shaped eye mask over my face, and lied down on my bed.
 
Minhyuk’s words kept ringing in my ear, and I suddenly wondered whether the curse could bear the slightest bit of truth. What if it was really haunted? What if instead of my dream guy, a ghost would visit me tonight?
 
“Let’s go watch a scary movie!” A voice suddenly shouted, and I gasped out in surprise. The correlation between my fear and the suggestion was uncanny.
 
“Do we have to?” I asked, not sure who or what I was looking at. I only knew I was talking to someone.
 
“Too bad, I already bought the movie tickets,” he spoke, chuckling a little.
 
It occurred to me that I was dreaming, and my mind was functioning consciously. Yet, there were some facts and visuals I just couldn’t figure out. I had to rely on my other senses instead of on my vision.
 
“Come on, the movie’s starting!” The voice spoke with so much excitement. Somehow, it felt familiar. It had the quality that could turn a rainy stormcloud into the brightest sunshine. It was so friendly and inviting. I was certain I heard it before.
 
My hand was soon in his grip, and I felt my heart flutter. His hand was larger, and wrapped around my smaller ones like two puzzle pieces fitting together. Part of me started to believe this was the real world after all—how could the heart racing feeling feel so real against my chest if it was surreal? Could the dream world actually be a parallel universe where incidents become a reality to some extent?
 
He led me to one of those velvety red seat, and suddenly had popcorn in his hand. I couldn’t decipher whether the cinema was crowded or deserted, because my focus was on my dream guy. What would happen today? The setting was less intimate for sure, but could there be a continuation from last night’s dream?
 
“No!” I yelled to myself, slapping my cheeks in panic. I had to focus. My purpose was to identify him, not to kiss him. Although if a chance arose where the act itself became inevitable, I suppose I would have no other choice.
 
“The movie hasn’t even started,” he spoke. When he whispered lowly, I noticed how hoarse and raspy his tone sounded. It was smooth and seductive to my ear, bearing a hypnotizing effect. I suddenly wanted to obey everything he said.
 
“I heard the movie’s quite scary,” he said, and I saw him grin. Yet, I couldn’t pick up on the other details, like the shape of his lips, the row of his teeth. It was still blurred out and I accepted the image as it was.
 
“And?” I fished for more, knowing he wasn’t done with his line.
 
“So you better prepare yourself. I quite like the dark.”
 
I felt the heat rising on my face, and my heart drumming louder against my chest. What exactly did he want me to prepare for? What was he going to do to me? Oh God, this was going beyond a kiss, wasn't it? I’m not sure I’m ready.
 
The movie started, but I could barely concentrate. I took a few glances at him instead, watching him eat the popcorn and the tiny little sounds he made when chewing. His hair was a shade of blonde, reminding me of snowflakes put under a fluorescent light.
 
Wait a second… I could see his hair color!
 
I stared harder, trying my best to learn of more details. He had a ring on his right middle finger that formed an X. His face was still unreadable, but the color of his eyes reminded me of the oblivion. It was the darkest shade of ebony that could reel me in, deep.
 
As I made the observation, I did not realize a hand had suddenly grabbed my thigh, giving me a small jolt that triggered me to jump out of my seat in shock. I yelled out in fear.
 
And next to me, the dream guy was laughing. There was a familiar annoyance I felt.
 
“I told you I quite like the dark. It’s easier to scare people,” he finally elaborated, differently from my assumptions.
 
In the dream, no one bothered to complain even if I yelled through a movie. I took a few seconds to calm my heart, and regained my cool composure on the seat.
 
“It’s not funny,” I muttered, folding my arms.
 
“Sure it is. Especially knowing you had expected something else.” His laughter died down.
 
“W-what?” I lowered my arms to my side, the anger in my voice fading into something entirely different.
 
Before I knew, his face was in front of me, his arms resting on both sides of the armrest, trapping me in between. The sound of the movie muffled into silence, and I was distracted by the low and heavy breathing coming from him. His lips were so close to mine and I was afraid to hope for more. Afraid that I would wake up if I even started hoping.
 
“I’ve been wanting to do this for a very long time,” he whispered, his breath lingering over my lips. He pushed himself closer, and I didn’t do anything to stop it.
 
I expected myself to wake up any moment now, but instead, he kissed me.
 
I whimpered a little under his touch, taken aback by the sudden move. But he had no plans of releasing me, only pulling me closer against him. My zero resistance soon morphed into a voluntary act as I moved my lips along to his. This was a dream, but why did everything feel so real? The pulse in my heart quickened everytime he gently rubbed his fingers over my arm. The smell of vanilla and rose lingered in the air, and I let myself be carried away into an act of amour.
 
I opened my eyes to take a peek at his face once again, but found myself back in my bedroom. It was bright outside in comparison to the cinema I had been in. I sat straight up on the bed, my fingers brushing the edge of my lips. My heart was still prancing wildly. The dream had been more vivid than ever before.
 

 
During free period, I decided to continue reading the guidebook in the library. I stared at the book in my hand, but my head was up in the clouds.
 
“What are you grinning about?” Minhyuk appeared, interrupting the replay of the dream in my mind. He found me. Of course he would.
 
I sighed dreamily and turned to him with a smile. “Do you think it’s possible to fall in love with the guy in my dreams?”
 
“What?”
 
It was a stupid question, of course. And under normal circumstances, I probably would’ve judged the person saying it. But right now, I could only think about all the dates I had been on with this dream guy. Especially last night’s. It was my first kiss.
 
Minhyuk let out an exaggerated gasp. “Did you....?”
 
I pressed my lips together and shyly nodded my head.
 
“Did it lead to…?”
 
“What? No! Of course not.”
 
“Did you want it to?”
 
I parted my lips, staring at him with disbelief. Did he actually ask me such a personal m-rated question?
 
“Let me continue reading my book. I found some clues about the dream guy yesterday. If I practice it more often I’m sure I’ll discover his identity in no time,” I told him wisely, clearing my throat and returned to my book with undivided attention.
 
“Really?” Minhyuk asked, a tone of surprise in his voice. It actually sounded like he was challenging me, but trembled with some strange hesitation.
 
“Yeah. He was wearing a ring,” I remembered.
 
“What kind?”
 
I decided to entertain him a little and put my book down. The moment my eyes were to turn to him, a silverpiece suddenly caught my interest. It was the ring, the shape of an X, exactly the way I had remembered from my dream.
 
Out of surprise, I slapped my hand on the table, getting up from my seat, and unconsciously pointed a finger to him. My mind thought of a nice introduction to say, but my mouth chose to utter incomprehensible unintelligent words instead.
 
The guy looked up at the noise, and my already opened jaw seemed to fall wider apart.
 
“You’re the girl from yesterday. Why do I keep seeing you everywhere?” He asked. His voice was exactly as deep as I had remembered from my dream, I think.
 
I couldn’t control my heart. It was reacting to him, finally uncovering the identity of my dream guy. He looked much more handsome than I had remembered him yesterday in the library, but he made me flutter the same way he did in my dreams.
 
“Well, if you’re really going to stalk me, maybe we should introduce ourselves.” He made a weird swaggy hand movements, then reached out to me. “I am Lee Jooheon.”
 
“Han Mira,” I said, extending my hand for a handshake.
 
“Lee Minhyuk.” My hand was pried away as Minhyuk took my place, stealing my moment with Jooheon, the dream guy.
 
“Are you planning on stalking me too? Cause I’ll tell you in advance that I’m not interested in guys,” Jooheon said.
 
“Mm mmm,” Minhyuk hummed, shaking his head. “You could consider me Mira’s stalker. So whatever you’re planning on doing to her, I’ll be keeping my eyes on you.”
 
I gulped, a rosy blush appearing on my cheeks. I cannot believe he just said that to someone I just met, my dream guy on top of it. What if he wouldn’t meet me anymore thanks to Minhyuk?
 
“Doing things to her?” Jooheon repeated, raising his eyebrows into a frown. The expression on his face sunk into a thoughtful look, trying to identify a mystery.
 
“N-Never mind that. Ha ha ha,” I said, soon pushing Minhyuk and his ambiguous words out of the picture. I stood in front of Jooheon, noticing the color of his hair. It was white-ish blond, matching the memories of my dream guy.
 
“I don’t know if he has mistaken me for someone else, but I just wanted to ask you if out for lunch with me sometimes?” Jooheon said.
 
I nodded along willingly, not minding my class schedules. “Where would you like to go? You know all the places I like,” I said. The restaurant options we had from our academy wasn’t as broad as the dream world, but he knew my preferences.
 
“I do?”
 
Aw, look at him trying to be all oblivious and coy. Maybe he wanted to surprise me later and keep our meetings a secret for now. I should play along.
 
“I wanted to make you guess.”
 
“Hmmm, there’s a tteokpokki place nearby!” Jooheon suggested.
 
My mouth hung open, and Minhyuk chuckled from beside me. If there was one thing I disliked more than anything, it were those common smacks we could acquire anywhere. The dream dates were fun and exciting because he brought me to new places everytime. I liked the sense of adventure. But tteokpokki…
 
“I don’t think he’s your dream guy,” Minhyuk whispered into my ear, and his hot breath made me shiver. Not in a disgusted way, but on the contrary, the kind of chill that made me wanna experience more. My dream guy was actually standing in front of me, and here my heart was beating faster for my friend. Great.
 
“Sure, tteokbokki place sounds fine,” I said, my eyes darting to his ring. I had to dig for more information. “I really like the design of your ring.”
 
“Ah yes, I like it cause it makes me feel more swag when I rap,” Jooheon said, making yet another pose. Then without my inquiries, he started rapping out of the blue, adding his manmade beatboxing, while we were still at the library.
 
I wasn’t sure whether I should be concerned or amazed, and ended up feeling a little bit of both. He never mentioned any of these talents in the dream. We never really talked about our passion or dreams, yet I felt connected, like I knew him from a long time ago.
 
“I’m sure the ring was cheap, huh?” Minhyuk blurted out. He probably didn’t have any bad intention, but the way he worded it made it so impolite. I nudged him a little, signing him to behave.
 
To my surprise, Jooheon didn’t take any offense. Instead he laughed, nodding excitedly in agreement. “It sure was. I think it’s the current trend right now, so a lot of guys are wearing them.”
 
He was so sweet and positive, twisting the misleading words into a nice conversation starter. I think my mind had become biased to him already, accepting all of his faults as an adorable quirk.
 
“So Mira, tteokpokki tomorrow,” Jooheon said.
 
“It’s a date.”
 

 
That night, the dream had gotten a little more aggressive, consisting of a lot of skinship. He held my hand since the moment we met, hugged me in his arm, rested his chin on my shoulder, and even gave me a quick peck on my cheek when I least expected it. I was completely silenced the rest of the night.
 
Considering how easily he gave in to the kisses, I couldn’t believe I was stressing so long over letting it happen.
 
His figure was still quite a blur, but I noticed no ring on his fingers this time.
 
“I won’t leave you, Mira,” he told me in between his kisses.
 
I was enjoying the moment a little too much, murmuring a soft reply to stop him from talking. It felt so wrong and so right at the same time. The fictional world was the place where I could be bold, and be pardoned.
 
During the day, I got closer to Jooheon and we talked about the things our dreams did not permit us to. One time, I decided to hint to him that I had known of his identity.
 
“So have you ever tried to control a dream?” I asked, pointing at my book. I saw Minhyuk staring back at me, unamused. He wasn’t kidding about stalking me, cause he had never truly left me alone with Jooheon.
 
“I tried, but I failed multiple times. In the end I just gave up and returned in,” Jooheon said. “If I could, I would’ve controlled my dreams to meet someone like you.”
 
Ah, he was hinting again.
 
“Not everyone can do it. It’s very hard and requires a lot of effort and energy,” Minhyuk barged in, as if he suddenly had more knowledge on the topic.
 
“Clearly I am worth someone’s effort and energy,” I said, chuckling a little vainly. I glanced at Jooheon, and he looked like a lost cause. His clueless act was so convincing.
 
“Considering how easily you give in to those kisses, it’s no wonder he keeps coming back for more,” Minhyuk said, rolling his eyes. Odd, I had barely seen him get this defensive.
 
“Wow, what kind of a woman are you, Mira?” Jooheon asked, clearly misunderstanding the statement. “Am I getting a little entangled in something weird? Do you already have a boyfriend?”
 
“No!”
 
“But she has a guy she kisses every night in her dream,” Minhyuk added on, easily unveiling my and Jooheon’s secret.
 
This was it. He was going to know I tricked him by playing along to his games all along. He could either laugh about it or get angry. Considering he had a pure heart, he’d probably laugh it off.
 
“Wow, that guy must really like you to go to such extents,” Jooheon commented.
 
After all this reveal, he was still trying to play dumb? I wasn’t sure what he was trying to pull off, but chuckled a little in disbelief.
 
“I suppose.”
 
“Well, good to know there is some healthy competition going on. Would’ve been weird if no other guy would be attracted to a woman like you.” He said this in the most casual way possible as he got up on his feet, and cleaned his book from the table. He then reminded me of the upcoming date we had planned, and returned to class first.
 
It was just me and Minhyuk now, and I squinted my eyes immediately. I wasn’t in the mood of reconciling with him and walked away to one of the book aisles. I cannot believe he revealed the secret with such ease.
 
“Mira, wait.”
 
Nope, not listening.
 
“Mira!”
 
Ignore him.
 
“Han Mira!”
 
Keep walking.
 
“Mira.”
 
He grabbed my by my wrist, swinging my entire body against the side of a shelve to face him. In that moment, I realized just how manly he was. I had known he was a man, of course, but I had only considered him my closest friend, and nothing more. But in that short moment, it was as if his eyes beckoned for more than mere friendship.
 
“Are you going to apologize for what you did?” I asked, not knowing why my heart was, once again, beating unnaturally fast
 
“Not at all,” he said, letting out a deep sigh instead. His grip around my hand loosened, but he never let go. “Why are you so clueless?”
 
“What?” I took quite some pride in my intellect, so I do not appreciate being called clueless. “I am not—”
 
He crashed his lips against mine in a way that caught me off guard, yet burst my heart up in ecstatic flames. His thumb began rubbing my skin in a way that felt all too familiar. My lips moved along to his in perfect sync, as if we had rehearsed it beforehand. Everything in the current reality felt like a strange echo of what I experienced in my dreams.
 
After a few moments, he pulled away from me, and I found myself longing for more the same way I did at night. I stared at him wide eyed, my face entirely red.
 
“Is that enough to answer your question or do you need more convincing?” Minhyuk spoke to me in a voice of low timbre, bearing the same rasp as my dream guy. Impossible.
 
“H-how?” I managed to ask, having a difficult time keeping my gaze on him. Seeing him from up close, suddenly made me so self aware. So I looked at our hands instead, noticing he was wearing a ring. An X shaped ring.
 
He took the book from my hand, opened the front cover, and retrieved the book’s history note. Though we were a magical academy, some things were done the old fashioned way. The piece of paper contained the name and date of every student that had borrowed the book. And on top of Jooheon and my name was Lee Minhyuk’s, having borrowed the book exactly four months prior. No wonder he made up a weird ghost story to stop me from reading.
 
That was around the time when I started having these dreams. I couldn’t believe it. Minhyuk was the guy in my dreams?
 
Suddenly I thought of all the dates, the sweet ones, the fun ones, and the ones leading up to many kisses. I had even complained to him whenever the kiss got interrupted!
 
“Why would you do that?” I asked, wailing in embarrassment as I softly hit his arms.
 
“Because I like you.”
 
My heart stopped beating, only to have it prance louder than ever before.
 
“I was afraid you would only see me as a friend. So I tried to make you fall for me without knowing my identity so that you’d realize how compatible we are for each other,” Minhyuk said, mustering a lot of courage to explain his logic.
 
“So you went through all this trouble, mastering this magic just for me?” I asked, cupping his cheeks between my hands, smiling softly.
 
“Yeah. I even took you to all your favorite places and all the restaurants you wanted to try out. It was me, okay? Not Jooheon.”
 
“Okay.”
 
“Do you know how hard it was to actually try and come up with those places? I had to research and did my best imagining every single detail just to give you the best.”
 
“Mmhmm.”
 
“But then you were so smitten over Jooheon instead.”
 
I smiled, slightly pinching his cheeks. I leaned in forward, giving him a light peck on his lips. A part of me had always considered him adorable, but seeing this new jealous side of him was endearing. Perhaps, a part of me had always known he was dear to me.
 
“I am smitten over my dream guy. Knowing it is you assures me of my good judgement,” I said, smiling with ecstasy as I circled my arms around him.
 
He finally seemed to have realized my acceptance to his revelation, and with a wide grin plastering his face, he placed his arms on my waist.
 
“So can I stop dating you in your dream and date you in the real world?” He asked cheekily.
 
“You can date me anywhere you’d like, and you’d still be my dream guy.”
 
With that, we kissed.

 



I hope you liked it Kimmi!!!! I did my best even though I don't know the Monsta X members that well. I hope this was close to their personalities, sort of... LOL
I have also forgotten how to write fluff... But at least I did my best to keep the cheesiness low. You don't know how many sentences I had to rewrite to make it less cheesy XD

This is part of a fic exchange we did~ <3
So if anyone wants to read some Woohyun x Hyunmi, you can do so. (Click here )