laceration and lamentation

I don't think... I'm not in love with you
Please log in to read the full chapter

 A/N: Okay, first of all, thank you VERY MUCH for everyone who have commented! 

I have received a mix view of both wanting eunhae and not wanting it (until they've sorted out their feelings, that is). I really hope this annoucement won't upset anyone because I've decided that I feel the same way as the majority; and that is I do not want eunhae to rush into things which will be complicated to untangle later on. 

When I asked for your opinions, I had two plots planned ahead: if a lot of you wanted eunhae , then I will wirite that, and the story will progress a slightly different way but will soon return to the original plan I have in my head. If people decide to not want eunhae to have , then the story will continue as planned. So, there's no real loss here. or no , the story will end the same way as the plan. Although, if there were to be right now then maybe there will be slightly more angst to follow up on that. Who knows. 

This is very indefinite and flexible, but I do have the ending planned (obviously) and I'm planning a maybe in the epilogue. For now, thank you for the support and please keep the comments and subs coming! I'm trying to update as much as I can but like I said, school is a heck load of work :/ 

Also, please overlook the rushed ending of this chap and probable typos and mistakes >.< I wanted to give a quick update, but maybe when I have time I'll come back and add to this chapter or even edit some parts.

I don’t think… I'm not in love with you 

 

Having already arrived in Incheon, Donghae and Sehun make their way towards the third floor of the shopping complex; where shoes are sold. And apparently, where the sale figures are the lowest out of all of their chain stores. The marketing manager walks over to the female aisle, knowing that the men’s section for shoes have great sale figures and even all the other departments are doing better than the section he is ambling across to. Rows of colourful heels of all sizes and designs and shapes and curves greet his vision, and Sehun follows behind Donghae quietly. The two women at the front counter don’t even bat an eyelash at the two incoming men, despite the slim possibility of either Donghae or Sehun being a potential customer.

 

Great service already, Donghae thinks sarcastically.

 

Inching nearer the two lazy workers, Donghae catches their gossip.

 

“That lady! Oh my god she took her time choosing, asking me to explain to her the designs. Can't she see them herself? Is she blind? And gosh, she tried on at least over ten pairs of heels, making me bend down and hook the buckle for her and whatnot.”

 

“Oh! I know that lady! She has really bad feet odour as well.” The complaints would have continued, but Donghae now stands directly in front of the two; his posture imposing. He exploits their silence and takes out a clipboard; skimming over the values before leaning an arm against the counter and asking.

 

“That rack of shoes,” the brunette points to a rack in the centre, “why hasn’t any of the shoes been sold?”

 

The taller of the two ladies speaks up, “Are you…perhaps the person sent here to check on sales?” The apprehensiveness in her voice and a face full of frown makes Donghae want to laugh, wasn’t she the one laughing at a customer earlier?

 

“What do you think?” Donghae murmurs lowly and in monotone.

 

“Um, we don’t really know why the rack is still full.”

 

Donghae inhales a lungful of air and keeps composed. He turns back to the ladies, and with a smile he says, “Okay then. My assistant will take all of the shoes on that rack back to Seoul. Simple, am I right ladies?”

 

“If you take those away, then what do we sell?” The other lady cries out in panic.

 

Donghae puts on an innocent expression and answers with ice in his voice, “Since you don’t know how to sell them, then it is my job today to transport them back to Seoul to give to people who can sell those shoes.”

 

Seeing no response from either one of the workers, other than them lowering their heads down in shame, Donghae attacks even more. “To keep up sales, you need to have good service management and treat customers properly. You find it tiring to bend down and make sure shoes fit? Then quit your job, because it is what you are supposed to do. If a customer can waste her time to try on ten pairs of heels, then it’s obvious that she is in need of a pair. Your poor service is what lead to this devastating decline in sales. So next time you complain about a customer, you should reflect on yourself first.”

 

Seeing them in tears already, Donghae sighs as he puts the clipboard back into his bag. “I’ll come back in a week’s time to see the progress. However, if things still remain like what I've seen today, then it won't just be the shoes that are moving.” Giving them one stern glance, Donghae walks off.

 

The male quickly leaves the large premises as a light drizzle hits his face. Sehun is right behind him, already opening up an umbrella for Donghae. The two walk into the street, where less people are crowding since they are searching for shelter.

 

“You know,” Sehun murmurs, “you look really fierce and beautiful when you're angry.”

 

The sudden compliment drives Donghae's pulse over one hundred and his face stars to flush. Thinking quickly, he replies, “Is this a compliment?”

 

Sehun stops in his tracks and looks at Donghae in the eye. “Of course. You’re beautiful and stunning.”

 

Donghae wears he could feel goose bumps arising. “Uh, okay. Thanks.” He really doesn’t know what to say in response to the tiny ‘moment’ they had. They resume their slow, undisturbed pace, raindrops splattering calmly onto the umbrella, which is ultimately bringing the two together.

 

Out of awkwardness, Donghae folds his arms as one hand begins to absentmindedly caress his shoulder; and that it when he realises something grave.

 

“Oh no! Where’s my bag?” Donghae cries out, feeling no weight on his shoulders.

 

Alarmed by this, Sehun suggests that it could have been left on the counter. With a sparkle of determination, Sehun hands the umbrella to Donghae.

 

“Hold this and stay here. I’ll get it for you.”

 

Almost like the sky is against Sehun, rain starts to pour heavier and heavier. When Sehun comes back with Donghae's bag in hand, one arm draping over his head in an attempt to keep dry, Sehun is pretty much soaked to the bones.

 

“Here.” He hands over the bag, a little breathless.

 

“When will the rain stop?” Donghae looks up at the sky, expression lines forming when the sky is turning darker as grey clouds swarm the empire.

 

“You can have this.” Sehun hands over a takeaway cup. “It’s coffee, I bought it nearby.”

 

“You even ran in the rain to buy me coffee?” Donghae is dumbfounded, and very touched.

 

“I—”

 

“I—”

 

They both open their mouths to speak, but ends up blushing pink when the other says the same thing at the same time.

 

“You go first.” Donghae offers.

 

“No, you go first.” Sehun smiles cutely.

 

Donghae feels bad for making Sehun do a lot of things for him, so he answers nonchalantly. “I'm going to drink coffee, so you go first.” Donghae grins like a little boy.

 

“Do we…have any more work for today?” Sehun approaches the subject carefully.

 

“Um,” Donghae swallows difficultly, “if you have an event to attend or go somewhere with someone, it’s fine. There's not much left anyway and I can—”

 

“No, you dummy.” Strangely, Donghae doesn’t find the term the least bit derogatory. Rather, Sehun has a very mature look and attitude that does not match his age. “I want to take you out for dinner…on a date. I mean, Lee Donghae's stomach must be hungry right?”

 

They stare at each other for seconds, before Donghae bursts into a fit of helpless laughter.

 

“Now that you mentioned food, I am a bit hungry.”

 

“You haven’t eaten anything other than your breakfast, of course you would be hungry. Come on, I know a place filled with delicious food.”

 

“Are you familiar with Incheon?” Donghae tries not to tense as Sehun places an arm around his shoulder, pushing the male forward.

 

“Very familiar. Come now, I remember there’s a famous night market for food somewhere near.”

 

Donghae listens to his heartbeat thumping abnormally in his ears and decides to follow Sehun.

 

•••

 

“It looks like the rain has stopped.” Donghae muses, seeing the sky turn from grey to pitch black. After all, it is already nearly eight in the evening.

 

“Are you prepared to eat our way out?” Sehun has on his face

Please log in to read the full chapter