Episode 10 - Love You To Death

Birth of TaeNy's baby
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Episode 10 - Love You To Death

 

 

Tiffany stares at the person in front of her. The person she once knew. All she sees now is a stranger. A cold blooded murderer. She’s contemplating whether to forgive or resent. But it’s not in her nature to hold grudges. Deep down she knows she still have some love to this person inside. That’s why she decided to visit today.

“Am I still your favourite dongsaeng, unnie?” Seohyun smiled hopeful.

Tiffany’s anger subsides with that smile. It’s more of sympathy now. If only she listened to her senses of the awkward moments and bizarre instances. The long hugs, odd ‘love’ messages, chocolates and flowers, greeting cards, etc. She thought it was just a clingy Seohyun. Turns out it’s more than that.

“Ms. Hwang, we found out that she had been stalking you for the past year.” The police inspector revealed. “These are pictures taken at her house.”

Tiffany sees in countless photos of her upon the wall. What caught her eyes was a photo of Taeyeon defaced with a red marker. The other was a family picture where Seohyun replaces Taeyeon’s face for hers. It horrifies Tiffany.

“How?...how did this happen? Why?” Tiffany could not fathom the situation. “She was such a nice girl.”

“We did some digging and it turns out she has feelings for you since high school. You had a row with your father and decided to leave the US to start your business here, right?”

Tiffany nods. “But what does it has anything to do with Seohyun?”

“Well, apparently she blames Taeyeon for you leaving. And for taking you away from her. As you can see here…” The police inspector points at the family picture. “She has a fantasy of having a family with you.”

A feeling of disgust suddenly appeared at the pit of Tiffany’s gut. But was replaced with a new found fear when she looks again at the family picture. “Is Irene in danger?”

The inspector paused and shakes his head. “I wanna say no because her focus was on Taeyeon but it’s better to be careful since she’s not mentally stable.”

Tiffany sighed. “What happen to you, Hyunnie?”

 

“You’ll visit me again, right?”

The question puts Tiffany out of reverie.  She sighed. “No, this is the last time.” And she sees Seohyun’s face turned dark.

“Then what the do you want?” The sweet, soft spoken lady is no longer there and Tiffany knew she’s speaking to the other side of Seohyun.

“I just wanna tell you that I’ve forgiven you.”

Seohyun only lowers her head. Playing with her hand.

“I just wanna know how could you do that to your Taeyeon unnie?”

Seohyun laughed maniacally. Tiffany can’t help swallows her saliva nervously. No matter how many times she had done this, this Seohyun was such a stranger. She wonders if everything was a lie.

“No, unnie. It’s not a lie.” Seohyun said. Eerily answering her. “My heart has always been yours.” Seohyun smiled.

“See...” Despite the chains strapped on her wrists and legs, she was able to fold her sleeves showing off her scars. ‘Seohyun+Tiffany=SeoFany 4ever’.

“I carved it myself.” She proudly shows it off. “Do you like it, unnie? Do you? ” She asked like a 5 year old asking for attention.

Tiffany gulped. She doesn’t know how to react. But she brave on. She has a final mission today.

“That looks real pretty, Hyunnie.”

“Really, unnie?”

Seohyun’s personality seemed to change in a split second. With the favourable answer, Seohyun looked like the innocent and shy girl she knew. Blushing at her remark.

“You still haven’t answered my question.” Tiffany can see Seohyun had stopped grinning. “Why did you do that to Taeyeon unnie? She-“

Seohyun slammed her fists on the steel table. “TAEYEON!TAEYEON!TAEYEON! EVERYTHING’S ABOUT THAT .”

Tiffany had to distance herself away from Seohyun due to the outburst. Good thing she is shackled to the steel table. (a/n:table is screwed to the floor).

“All you talk about is Taeyeon. Taeyeon this. Taeyeon that. I don’t wanna talk about her.” Seohyun walks away from the table.

Giving her back to Tiffany, Seohyun mumbles to herself.  “Argh! I should’ve just poisoned her. Stupid. Just use poison. Stupid.” Seohyun hits her head every time she mutters the word ‘stupid’.

Tiffany felt a mix of emotions. She’s feeling angry but at the same time can’t help to feel sorry. She has decided to finish this once and for all. It would be better not to push on about Taeyeon. She lets out a nervous cough and faked a smile.

“Hyunnie, dear.”

The endearment immediately caught Seohyun attention and happiness written on her face.

“Yes, unnie?”

Tiffany continues. “I wonder if my sweet Seohyun is still here. She has always been my favourite dongsaeng.”

Seohyun frowns and Tiffany saw her eyes were now red. “Does that mean I’m no longer your favourite?”

“You will. If…” Seohyun eyes lights up excited that she can be Tiffany’s favourite again. “…you do the right thing.”

Seohyun expression changes back into a dark one. It turns out she killed her parents to follow her obsession. Chasing after Tiffany. It was believed her parents were the first victims. It was later revealed Seohyun had killed her high school bully as they found a severed head mummified in a solution jar. Placed in the living room of her house like a trophy. The head was later identified as Mary Jones who has been reported missing by her family. The police then investigated further and suspects there were 3 other missing persons related to Seohyun but wasn’t able to prove anything. As the investigators say, no body. No crime.

“If I do it, you’ll pray for me right?” Seohyun asked.

“Yes, Hyunnie.”

“Even in hell?” The big brown eyes looking back at her.

Tiffany paused but then smiled at Seohyun. “Even in hell.”

Satisfied with Tiffany’s answer, she calls the police sergeant to take her away. But before she leaves the room she turned to Tiffany. “I’ll make you proud, unnie. I love you.” She said and happily skips her way to her cell.

A tear fell from Tiffany’s eyes. Sadness engulfs her because she just sent her favourite dongsaeng to certain death row.

*****

(At home)

Cold sweats appears on Tiffany’s forehead. She gulped nervously. She’s standing still. Afraid to make sudden movements. She saw Mrs. Lee unconscious on the kitchen floor. Obviously  knocked by something blunt on the head. She then diverts her attention to Irene. The little girl was sitting on her baby chair. Playing happily with her blue Mickey Mouse spoon and bowl. Too young to understand the danger she’s in.

“Unnie, you’re home!” A voice broke the silence.

Tiffany nods.”N-neh.”

Tiffany watched as Seohyun sat beside Irene and caresses the girl’s hair. Tiffany became even more fearful when she realized Seohyun was holding a kitchen knife in her other hand. It became apparent to Tiffany that Irene’s safety comes first. Even if it means she’s going to die, she’s going to ensure Seohyun follows her in hell.

“Come and sit, unnie. I’ve prepared kimbap.” Seohyun takes a plate of kimbap and placed it at the empty spot beside her. Tiffany nervously watched Seohyun cutting a row of kimbap into smaller cubes.

“Isn’t it nice to have a family dinner?”

Tiffany instantly figured out Seohyun’s intention. She’s realizing a fantasy. Tiffany can’t do anything but to follow Seohyun’s delusions as Irene’s life is in jeopardy.

Tiffany was at the hospital. Washing Taeyeon’s body with a warm wet towel. Ever since Taeyeon fell into a coma after the incident, it became a routine for Tiffany to go to the hospital after work. Making sure her wife’s needs was in check before going home to her little girl.

She received an unexpected call from Inspector Han.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter