Woodong Introduction

Shinhwa High School

I chased after the ball. I tried my best to keep up with the player’s fast pace. Suddenly, the ball was already in front of me. I kicked it into a goal, without realizing it’s my own team’s goal. My mouth hung open when I saw my team’s captain rushing to punch me.

                I jumped, shouting sorry. The other players just laughed at me. Then I laughed, while receiving light hits from the captain. He too, was laughing. The game is always fun. I really love soccer. But I guess, I better stay as the goal keeper.

                My muscles are not for running but to block the balls. After I bid farewell to the soccer club members, I grabbed my water bottle and drank it. I was so thirsty! After satisfied, I splashed my body with the cool water. The water wet the field’s grass.

                I sensed someone was watching me from afar as I bent my knees to pick my favorite soccer ball. Who? I looked at the school’s garden. I saw someone sitting under the shady tree. Minwoo? He was holding a book. Minwoo wouldn’t look at me, he has his sketch book.

                I walked towards the school gate. I should go home already, my van would come any minute now. Minwoo is an artistic person. He loves dancing and drawing. His dance moves are graceful, and every touch of his hand could magically make the canvas colorful.

                We are both physically fit, but we’re different. Minwoo is a delicate and fragile person. He might just break if he fell or getting beaten. I’m not like him. I’m a rough soccer player. I could beat someone until he’s paralyzed. I wouldn’t do that though. I will only beat someone who hurt Minwoo. The fragile Minwoo.

                My van came and I boarded it. There were almost no one, except for me and two students, Eric and Andy, the siblings. Eric is my friend, but he forbid me from talking to him in the van. He said he wanted to sleep. The driver waited for a while for other students. But who? There’s only three of us boarding the van everyday. Everybody else loves to walk or ride a bicycle.

                Someone boarded the van. Someone with a small, delicate figure that Dongwan knew well enough to describe it. Minwoo? I looked carefully and rubbed my eyes. I guess I need to buy a pair of glasses.

                Minwoo took a seat in front of me. Since when he start to board the van? He used to walk. I saw him everyday, when my van passed him on the road. He always walk alone even though he’s the most popular kid in school.

                I’d always wanted to walk with him, but I’m too lazy. I’d enough of exercise on the field. I didn’t say anything to him that day. The van was quiet as always. Eric snored without a care for his prefect image, Andy let Eric rested his big head on his shoulder (I’m sure Andy’s shoulder is stiff, I need to find some good herbs for him), and I stared in the blank space, thinking of Minwoo as usual.

                The only difference was, Minwoo was there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I’m really jealous of Kim Dongwan. Or actually, I admire him. Kim Dongwan. A boy who always do whatever he loves to. And he always have the talent. Sports, mostly. He used his muscles very well in soccer, his favorite game. He can play soccer, rugby, hockey, and maybe basketball.

Err, I don’t really know about that. Because he’s not too tall. He can play it. But... Oh, I really don’t know. I’m not a into sport. But he’s always an expert at a field, so, I guess he must be a good basketball player.

                I opened my sketch book and started sketching the sweating Dongwan. He ran across the field, chasing the ball. Isn’t he tired? With all that sunlight, I think I’ll be exhausted in a while. But I wasn’t on the field. I was sitting under the shady tree, while Dongwan played soccer in the sunny weather. That was how different we are.

I sketched the visible details such as his hair, his body and his sweat. I couldn’t see his eyes, the eyes that attracted me. But I remembered it. I remembered when his dark brown eyes looked at me. It was only for a few times, because he and I aren’t that close. But I wanted to be friends with him. Can I?

                I want to know everything about him. Dongwan and his wits, his funny but lame jokes and his friendly attitude. His smile, his grin, his laugh. I blushed. Oh, my. Just thinking about him can make me blush. Suddenly, my eyes caught Dongwan splashing his body with water to cool himself down. My eyes widened immediately.

                Dongwan was really y, his jersey was wet. I could see through his jersey. My face must be as red as a ripe tomato. I thought I couldn’t see the small details of him, but damn! My eyes suddenly saw everything! I saw him looking at me with a confused face.

                Oh, oh. I quickly looked at my sketch book, pretending to sketch something. Stupid me. Stupid me. It was so obvious. I want to hide in a hole! But there is none! Ugh! I glanced at the field. There were no one. Where’s him?

                Ah! The van! I rushed to the school’s gate! I’m late! I was fast, but I was day dreaming. Can I reach the van quickly? I really want to sit beside Dongwan! My heart beat so fast as ran. I almost tripped a few times. But it’s okay. I don’t mind.

                The van! I quickly climbed on and my eyes saw Dongwan. I blushed. Without thinking, I took the sit in front of me. After a few minutes, my senses came back. Ahhhhhhh!!!!!! I should sit behind him! T.T

                Now, because of my stupid self I can’t see him. If I turn and just stare at him, I’ll be considered ert! Or a weirdo at least. Stupid! I bit  my lip nervously. I’m so nervous. I’m sitting near with someone I admire.

                My heart aches to sketch. I really want to draw him. Should I ask him?

 

 

 

 

(A/N      Ummm... Is a passionate kiss considered as mature?)