Jinsyung Introduction

Shinhwa High School

I jumped over the gate, rushing towards my class. I could hear some voices yelling for my name. I could hear them chasing after me, but I was faster. I’m late, I’m late, I’m late! I turned as I climbed the stairs. I couldn’t see the monitors anymore.

                I smiled. As I turned my head, I bumped into something, or someone. That guy and I fell on the floor. “Ouch!” He rubbed his head. Hyesung looked up and he frowned. I frowned too. I stayed still for a few seconds, scared to death with his glare.

                Hyesung is one of the strictest school monitor. He was about to say something when I quickly stood up and ran to my class. “Sorry!” I shouted without looking back. I’m late for class! It was my father’s fault! He kept singing in the middle of the night with his new karaoke machine and I couldn’t sleep at all.

                I stopped running and rubbed off some dust from my uniform. I sneaked into the classroom by using the back door and immediately crawled to my desk. I sat on my chair just in time when the teacher called my name for attendance.

                “Park Choongjae?” Mr. Choi looked out for me and ticked my name when I raised my hand. I was breathing heavily. I looked at my best friend Andy who was sitting right next to me. He was staring murderously at me as I waved at him, excited.

                Andy whispered to me, “You shouldn’t be late! You’re lucky for not bumping into Hyesung. He just patrolled around the corridors.” Mr. Choi was teaching us some Maths formula which I wasn’t interested in at all.

                I chuckled. “I bumped into him.” I raised my eyebrows, showing the expression ‘I’m great, aren’t I?’

                Andy mouth hung open. “You did not!” He exclaimed, loud enough until Mr. Choi threw us both outside of the class. He nagged about some manners in class and bla bla. It’s funny how teachers thought we’re listening when we don’t.

“Pabo!”I hit Andy lightly on his head when Mr. Choi went inside of the class and continued teaching to the bored students. I think they must be jealous of us. We got to see some beautiful scenery of Shinhwa High School.

                “Ah, mianei!” We stood outside for one hour, chatting. Andy is my best friend for about 7 years. We’re 15, this year. We are very close to each other. People thought we are dating, but we aren’t. Homouals are getting accepted by communities lately. Which is good, I think?

                I’m sure I’m not one of them. I’m sure Andy is straight, too. We like girls, we often describe our preference. I prefer girls with small chests and small butts. Somehow, I hate those fatty things hanging on them.

                “What did Hyesung do to you then?” Andy curiously asked. He was curious because I’m still alive. Shinhwa High School is known for it’s discipline. The teachers and the monitors are too fierce and strict to disobey.

                But of course, there are people like Junjin. “He did nothing, I ran after I made both of us fell. It was painful though. I bet Hyesung is in the clinic right now.” Junjin rubbed his . He could feel the pain as he fall on a hard concrete.

                “You’re too brave, Junjin. I wouldn’t dare to disobey the rules.” Andy admired his friend Junjin. His only weakness is his real name and water. Junjin once got teased of his name and Junjin beat the boy until he was hospitalized. When Andy heard about it, Andy was really surprised.

                After knowing each other, Junjin and Andy made a nickname for each other. Andy really admired Junjin, but just as a friend. Andy was aware people were talking about them being gay. He didn’t really mind. He is a gay but he kept it as a secret. Junjin didn’t even know about it. Well, he has no business in it.

                “Hahaha, you wouldn’t dare to disobey the rules, or are you afraid your brother dislike you?” Junjin teased Andy. Junjin knew Andy loved his brother so much. Andy was really spoiled by his brother.

                 “Ahaha, you wish!” They hit each other lightly, joking around in the corridor, ignoring Mr. Choi constant nagging.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~        

The next morning, students gathered in the hall for the morning assembly. “Ugh! I’m so lazy!” I stood up while stretching and walked towards the exit of the hall. I intended to skip the assembly, but Andy was faster. He grabbed my collar and pulled me back inside.

                Why?! I hate assembly! I couldn’t even sit beside Andy. We were separated because our family name are different. Lee Sunho and Park Choongjae! But the monitors could sit anywhere they wanted to and punish students who make noise in the hall. It’s not fair~

                Someone sat beside me. I turned to the right and glared at him. Who is it? My eyebrow were raised as I saw Hyesung cold face. My moved to the left, far away from Hyesung unconsciously. Hyesung had no reaction. Did he forget about yesterday’s incident? Then, good.

                I’d no intention to remind him. Just a stare from Hyesung could make someone jump off a building willingly. I sat far enough from him and sighed. I’m safe!!! But soon, the hall was full of students. The Parks students walked to my direction. They pushed me towards Hyesung! Oh no! , !

                I pulled out my middle finger and showed it to them, but they didn’t care. They themselves didn’t want to be near to Hyesung. I was shoved next to Hyesung. I held my breath. I think I’m gonna die! I tried to look the other way, to distract myself.

                I couldn’t help but to notice Andy laughing in silent. I gritted my teeth as I pointed my middle finger to him. Andy didn’t stop laughing. I still pointed my finger. And guessed what, I forgot Hyesung was sitting right next to me. He looked at me with a disgusted face. He thought I was pointing it to him.

                I guessed my soul already left me.