Epilogue II

The Distance Grievances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Third Person’s POV

 

Jiyong nervously observes the area, before praying that everything will turn out well tonight. He just received a call from his soon-to-be father-in-law that he’s on his way to Jeju, and asked if he’s ready for the big event. Tonight will be the night that the world will know about the big changes that the growing Economy will face as well as the big revelation with regards to the real relationships between the two big names in the society.

 

More than hundreds of big people, besides the fleets of press and paparazzi, are present to witness this important tie up. For them, the Kwons and the Lees are about to make a history again for the benefits of South Korea’s ongoing development but for the man behind it all, only one thing is important… ‘Will she say YES?’

 

And so when the party started, as the guests are properly entertain, Jiyong feels his body goes numb when for the first time tonight, he witnesses her beauty. She’s there, wearing this simple but elegant royal blue gown, with Jin beside her as her , walking towards him. All the words that he tries to memorize, all the lines that he saved for tonight… all of those were forgotten as soon as she successfully reaches his spot.

 

“Oppa…” she shyly greeted.

 

“Hi Gorgeous…” he grins at her, and is about to kiss her lips, only to be stop by the small creature beside them.

 

“Daddy… I’m her . Pay respect to me first…” he pouted. “And please, don’t kiss my Muse. Show off…” he smirks, as Chaerin laughs with their banter.

 

“Yah! I already agreed with you escorting your mother, so please behave there Kwon. Or else…” he threatens.

 

“Or else what?” the boy playfully challenges his father.

 

“I’m gonna tell the Pastry Chef to hide your favorite ice cream.” Jiyong smugly said, making Jin’s eyes turn wider.

 

“Unfair!” he squeaky complains.

 

“It’s okay Baby… If there’s a will, there’s a way…” Chaerin pinches her son’s cheek, reminding him about the first time they met. She giggles when Jin seems to get her hidden message, much to Jiyong’s curiosity.

 

“Hey, what’s that? Mind to share?” he tries to show his puppy eyes.

 

The mother and son just stick their tongues out, before doing a high five.

 

“Aish! You two keeps on ganging up against me. I know that face Jin…” he beams at him, “I have to tell Chef Han to hide your favorite food…”

 

“No!” and Jin runs towards where the kitchen is, leaving his parents to exchange knowing smiles before laughing.

 

 

On the other hand, the young Kwon tries to shut his mouth up, while hiding under the table where Desserts are being prepared. He smiles to himself, knowing that his Daddy couldn’t beat him when it comes to his favorite ice cream. He’s aware that his Mommy wouldn’t mind, so with all of her support, the young boy vows to get a glass full of chocolate chip ice cream tonight!

 

“Let’s see how far I can go…” he mumbles, before trying to take a peak outside. He let his hand roam alone on top of the table but immediately retrieve it when Chef Han enters the kitchen from the gigantic fridge.

 

“This has to be perfect! Mr. Kwon wants to make everything falls according to plan. Put this ring inside Ms. Lee’s chocolate mousse and offer it right after he makes a hand gestures. He specifically instructs not to mess up, am I clear?” he strictly says, making Jin hears everything he says.

 

‘Why does Daddy wants to put ring inside Mommy’s food? And doesn’t he knows that she likes Strawberry and not chocolate? Tsk Tsk Tsk… I have to make things right…But how can I—' his thought is halt when out of nowhere; a woman clad in white enters the kitchen as well. She looks like a normal helper/chef but Jin knows her so much that seeing her is enough to scream DANGER.

 

‘That Witch Kim Sunji…why is she here???’

 

“Chef Han” she says, “Let me do this task instead…I promise I won’t disappoint you.” She flirtatiously says, making the Chef just startled. Being the vicious girl that she is, Sunji uses her seduction power to make the Chef nods and agrees with her. He made a turn to leave and that’s when she started verbalizing her evil plan.

 

“Proposing to a ? That’ll never happen! I will make sure that tonight, everyone will witness how Kwon Jiyong will asks ME to marry him… while that ends up lock in a bathroom, suffering with LBM and dehydration! Hahaha…”

 

By then, Jin witnesses how this woman pours something inside the beautiful glass in brown… before preparing another one where she will put the ring in it.

 

 

 

 

Back to the Event.

 

 

“Where’s Jin??” Chaerin worriedly asks Jiyong. Their son has been missing ever since his father told him about hiding his favorite ice cream. Jiyong, on the other hand, feels nervous about his plan that keeping an eye on Jin escapes his mind.

 

“Ahh…probably he’s just there, strolling around…” he answers, before looking at the kitchen’s door. ‘When will they start serving the appetizer?’

 

“Strolling around? But they will serve the food already, I need to find him now…” she says in attempt to walk away, but was abruptly stop by the nervous Kwon.

 

“No! Don’t go away… I mean, I will... I will fetch him.” He said as he stands up, much to Chaerin’s confusions.

 

“O...kay.”

 

 

 

 

Jiyong goes around hoping to find their Little Creature as soon as possible. His time is running, and he has to prepare more before the Chef will reveal his tonight’s goal. Apparently, before he could do so, here comes an uninvited guest, strutting her way towards him.

 

“Hi Jiyong Oppa…” Sunji says, before kissing his cheek, earning them an attention.

 

Jiyong immediately wipes his cheek as if he’s just been kiss by a frog. “Yuck!” he disgustedly says. Fortunately, Chaerin appears before him, whose focus has been caught by Sunji’s sudden appearance.

 

“You know we don’t tolerate gate crashers here…” she calmly says.

 

“Oh, don’t worry… I won’t stay too long…and Jiyong probably won’t to.” She meaningfully replies.

 

“Sunji, I made it clear already that—“

 

Jiyong’s sentence has been cut when Jin suddenly appears with waiters behind him. “Mommy, Daddy…Appetizers are ready…”

 

Sunji’s eyes widen when her attention has been caught by a familiar glass. Apparently, instead of putting the ‘engagement ring’ inside a luscious dessert, she put it inside a marked glass of appetizer. Not wanting to waste any chance, she immediately grabs it before Chaerin could.

 

“This is mine…” she smirks at her.

 

“Whatever…” Chaerin replies. Jiyong, on the other hand, suspiciously looks at Sunji who's eating her food as fast as she could.

 

Upon biting to a hard metal, Sunji smirks at them. “Gosh, Oppa! What is this? A ring inside the Appetizer?? I don’t expect that you are proposing to me?!!” she loudly announces, making the crowd look at her, especially Chaerin and Jiyong.

 

“What are you saying????” he looks at her in shock, as Chaerin gazes at him looking hurt and confuse.

 

“This!” she said, before spitting out the thing she just chewed. “See?” she shows them what she’s holding, only to earn gossips from people around.

 

“A bottle cap??? How can they let a bottle cap be mixed with the food? Who are those Chefs they hired for tonight? It's horribly disgusting!” guests started gossiping, as Chaerin feels a huge relief that is replace with a sudden rage.

 

“You really know how to destroy our night, don’t you?” she asks, curling her fist. Jiyong holds her in his arms, before she could do anything harsh. Jin, on the other hand, enjoys watching the scene. His Mother calls for Security, though at the back of the child's mind, she doesn't need to. The witch will go away on her own in just a matter of...

 

"Five..." he counted loudly, making the adults look at him.

 

"Four..." his mother's brows crease.

 

"Three..." Chaerin walks towards Jin, asking him why he's counting.

 

"Two..." he smiles naughtily to his father, who in return, tries to read his mind.

 

"One!" he claps.

 

“W.What the—Ahh… Ah-Ouch!” Sunji says, her face turning pale. She clutches her tummy as a scandalous sound followed by an awful smell suddenly fills the air.

 

“Y..Yuck!” Jin shrieks. But then again, Sunji farts. Chaerin, Jiyong as well as the other guests could only cover their nose in surprise.

 

"My Gosh! What an awful night!!" someone yelps and Chaerin is sure that she's the girl whose table is located behind Sunji. Gossips and flashes of cameras filled the event.

 

Sunji’s face turns red from white. The bottle cap she’s holding drops on the ground as she tries to escape the embarrassing scene by running away, before tripping to another female guest while continuously farting… leaving Jiyong and Chaerin to face the startled people around.

 

“Oh my God, that’s so embarrassing…” Chaerin utters. "OH my God! Why is this happening???"

 

“That’s so annoying!!!” Jiyong’ face is full of rage… for his plan has been destroyed. Some of the VIPs are leaving the vicinity as the media feasts with the gossip news. For them, the Tie up Celebration has been destroyed by the appearance of the socialite ... but for him, it’s definitely more than that. "This is bull!"

 

Jin sighs, thinking that he has to do something. Seeing his furious father and ashamed mother isn't a good scene after all.

 

“Mommy… here, Take this. I made it for you…” Jin innocently offers his mother the cup of Strawberry Dip he has been holding since they went out of the kitchen. "Come on, I know it will make you feel better... let Daddy handles himself." he grins.

 

Chaerin looks tiredly at Jin, and makes an effort to smile over her son’s cuteness. “Thank you Baby… you really know how to uplift Mommy's mood…” she said, before absentmindedly attacking her comfort food. Jin is right, there's no point to save everything now... for they are sure, tonight's event will be the headline of all newspapers and SNS.

 

“That girl ruined everything!” Jiyong frustratingly complains, while Jin just keeps on observing them, waiting for a particular timing…until Chaerin cough when she ate something. Jiyong pats her back gently, while Jin smiles sweetly at her.

 

“What the—“her eyes widen when she spits a sparkling diamond ring.

 

Jiyong’s jaw drops upon seeing what Chaerin’s holding too, as Jin started giggling.

 

“Kwon?” he questions his son, astonished.

 

But instead of answering him, Jin looks at his Mommy, whose face is filled with confusions and queries. “So Mommy… will you marry Daddy??”

 

 

 

 

 

Almost Four Years Later

 

 

Jin pouts as he flips the book he’s reading. Today is a not so special day to him, even though tomorrow is his birthday already. Apparently, his parents are gone to somewhere, telling him that they will going to throw him a surprise gift. But Jin doesn’t want any of that! Why? It’s because three years ago, they promise to give him a birthday present too… but instead of the one he’s wishing for, they gave him…

 

“Oppa!!!” a double whiny annoying voices call his attention, as the door of his room suddenly opens… revealing his three years old twin sisters—Kwon YongMin and Kwon YongRin.

 

“What are you two doing here?!” he jumps out of the bed when they run towards him. ‘Here are the double trouble piglets again!’ he mentally curses.

 

 “Mommy and Daddy aren’t around…” Rin says.

 

 “Mommy and Daddy aren’t around…” And Min repeats, with the same fervor.

 

 “And so? They will be back tomorrow…” Jin informs them, obviously annoys by the twin’s presence.

 

 “What time? Why they didn’t inform us???” Rin complains.

 

 “What time? Why they didn’t inform us???” while Min repeats her statement.

 

 The Eldest scratches his head, before breathing hardly. “You two… go back to your room! I’m going to sleep now!”

 

 “Don’t like! Can we sleep beside Oppa???” Rin asks. "I wanna sleep here! I want! I want!"

 

 “Don’t—“ before Min could repeat her sister’s statement, Jin already covers and followed by a strong “NO WAY!!!”

 

 “But Oppa… We are afraid to sleep…” Rin complains. On the other hand, Min’s mouth is still covered by Jin’s hand, though base on the movement against his palm, he’s sure that she still repeats what her sister said. 'Talking about being a human tape recorder!'

 

 “Then ask your Nanny to accompany you!” he won’t give in.

 

 “We are scared… Monsters will eat us. Nanny is too weak to fight them!” Rin pouts and looks like she is about to cry. Min nods in agreement.

 

 “But you are the Monsters!” Jin shrieks. It's already bad to have sibling... but it's worse to have twin sisters, who seems to be a talking doll!

 

 Rin sadly pouts. “Oppa doesn’t like us…”

 

Min, who's now freed from Jin's grip, restated."Oppa doesn't like us..."

 

"Min-ah! Can you pl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter