The Grievances II

The Distance Grievances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Third Person’s POV

 

Jiyong composes himself as fast as he could upon seeing Chaerin’s furious face. This is the first time that he actually sees her in this state, and to be honest, he could tell how her glare melts him like a solar beam.

 

“Let’s talk…” she said immediately upon catching his attention.

 

Pretending to be cool, he clasps both of his hands on his desk and asks her, “Is there anything to talk about? I believe we have nothing to discuss at all…” he raises his brow.

 

“I want my son with me…” she said with full of conviction.

 

Jiyong laughs sarcastically. “Your son? Who says you still have a right over MY son? After you left him right after he was born? You were too excited, right? Too eager to escape that day! Now, you’re acting like a boss, claiming what you just abandoned years ago. Am I being too sarcastic? Cause if not, I wanted to sound like one…” he says, couldn’t control the sudden urge to mock her.

 

“Shut the hell up! You don’t know anything about me. You don’t know anything about what I’ve been through, you don’t know how I wished I could hold him in my arms…You don’t know how much I wanted to hug Jin… You just don’t have a ing idea how much I love my son!” she says, full of rage, while bursting into tears.

 

“Love? Tell me Ms. Lee. Aside from your identity, what else did you fake about yourself? That so called love for your son? Well, breaking news! He doesn’t need all that!” Jiyong shots back. The alcohol that he consumed last night plus the lack of sleep finally affects his system that releasing all this pent up emotion is the only way to breathe.

 

“You’re still the oblivious Bastard that you are, aren’t you?” Chaerin smiles bitterly, couldn‘t believe how dense he could get. “I’m Lee Chaerin… the one and only heiress of the Lee Group, chooses to be pregnant with someone she doesn’t really know.” Her tears fall rapidly from her orbs, and Jiyong stares at her intently, carefully listening to all the things she says. “Ever since, I was taught that a lady like me… should only do those things that will never disgrace my family… but I did. I was never tasked to do activities that could endanger my life, but I choose to be a mother to my child.” She tries to wipe the tears that dim her vision, but as if her eyes are faucet, the liquid just won’t stop from cascading. “I never had a deep wound… and if so, my father will hire the best people to attend to me…but I had to run away from the...h…hospital that day I gave birth, all along, bearing that painful wound from delivering the child,  just because of the selfish reason that my heart won’t stop from breaking.” She sobs, and this time, Jiyong feel his tears are falling down too. “I don’t know where to go… because I don’t want my father to know about my decision. In the end, my feet lead me to the only place I know I belong. I...I collapsed in front of my house, but I know it’s not because of exhaustion… of blood lost… of abdominal pain… but because of this…” she points at her chest, “...it won’t stop from bleeding, that I find it hard to breathe…”

 

“C..Chaerin…” Jiyong stammers.

 

“I am not being too sarcastic, am I?” she said, mocking him with his own words. “You were asking me a while ago, what are those things that I faked about myself?...and that if I could forge my identity, then I could lie about loving my son? Well, hear this… I faked my identity because I loved. I loved a person who will never ever look on me. That person who made it clears that he loving me will never happen. And that’s my biggest mistake in life.” With that, she walks out from his office, leaving the dumb founded Kwon to digest everything he heard.

 

Chaerin almost fly to the front door of the huge manor, wanting to escape from him. ‘I just exposed myself! Stupid…stupid me! Do you think he cares?’ she scolds herself.

 

However, before she could exit the area, a strong grip prevents her from doing so…and she doesn’t need to turn around to know who he is. “Let me go…”

 

“Chae...I..Y…” Jiyong tries to speak, but no word is appropriate to say after what he just found out.

 

“Let me go!” she wiggles to retrieve her arm from his grip, but he’s just too strong compares to her.

 

“You will not leave this house unless we clear this mess! I’m tired of this . Chaerin or CL or whoever you are, Miss! I’ve already spent five years of being a fool, now is the time for me to know everything!” with that, he drags her back in, but this time he’s no longer taking her in his office.

 

This time, he will make sure that this battle between them will be resolve in the proper war zone…

 

 

 

 

….if only they know that someone is busy with his own battle too.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Mr. Lee cups his face with his right hand and observes his visitor, who’s actually busy telling his secretary what he likes. Apparently, just when he’s about to leave the office, he was blocked by the unexpected visitation from this someone… his own grandson.

 

“I like chocolate ice cream with chocolate sprinkles on top!” he said with a squeaky voice. The secretary noted his order as if they are in the ice cream parlor instead of the President Lee’s office. “Make it float with chocolate syrup too and put lots of marshmallows…” he instructed and the old man could only hide his almost forming smile.

 

Mr. Lee fakes a cough, “Ehem! Young man, were you being deprive to eat those in your own house? I wonder why for I bet, your Daddy can afford that. Because as you can see, this is an office, not some restaurant or such…” he said, trying to sound authoritative.

 

 “Come on, Mr. Lee, where’s your manner? Isn’t it complimentary to offer your visitor what they wanted upon arrival?” the young man smirks, “And besides, when you used to visit our office too and asked for coffee, did you ever hear me asking if we are a coffee shop instead?”

 

Mr. Lee tries so hard to keep his calm after what the boy replied to him, though he almost fall from his swivel chair if not for his abrupt grip on the arm rest. He breathes in and out, trying to release the sudden stress from debating to a genius child. Clearing his throat, “But ice cream isn’t on the list offered in the complimentary drinks…” he reasons out, hoping to shut him up.

 

“But the question is… What would you like Sir?” Jin defended himself.

 

“Yes… but it has a follow up choices of coffee, tea or juice. Does the secretary say something about ice cream???” Mr. Lee sarcastically asks.

 

Jin pouted before answering “No. But what’s the point of asking me about what I like if the options given don’t contain my choice? Does the list restrict what I wanted? Just imagine this: You are in a small room full of chocolates and all you wanted is a strawberry… does it mean you have to force yourself the chocolates just because they are available?” The young boy huffs, feeling annoyed with the Old Man. Apparently, he just imagined his Mommy Chaerin in the same situation that he just experienced a while ago. ‘Mommy likes strawberry…but maybe, he doesn’t want to give her any! Just coffee, tea and juice! So Stingy Ajusshi…’

 

 

“You Punk! Is that what your father taught you?” The Old Man looks at the young Kwon in surprise. ‘No wonder, he really needs his mother!’ He made a mental note to discuss it to Chaerin once he goes home. Either by hook or by crook, they will fight for the child’s custody!

 

Jin rolls his eyes annoyingly, “Mr. Lee, cursing isn’t right. And shall we drop talking about personal things? I’m here for business. I have a proposal to make…” Okay, if a while ago, Jin almost makes his grandfather fall, this time, Mr. Lee literally falls from his position. The Old Man couldn’t believe that someone as young as Jin can speak like a hustler businessman. Adjusting his eye glasses, he could see how bored he is by just looking around.

 

Composing himself before anyone could see him, “Young man, have you ever been told that it’s not ideal to waste a businessman’s time? Do you know how many millions I lose just by talking to you instead of closing big deals???”

 

“I know… That’s why I said, I’m having a proposal to make. I mean business here, Mr. Lee. And take note, why settle for millions if you can get billions?” He nodded curtly, trying to sound convincing.

 

“Talking figures, huh? What do you know about money? Aside from asking your Daddy to buy you new toys and eating lots of sweets, what do you know about it??? You have a billion worth offer? Fine! Let me hear that proposal of yours. That must be good or else…” he tries to warn him, hoping that this cute little boy will flinch with his tone, but to his surprise, Jin just gives him a smirk. ‘Aish…that Kwon literally dominates my grandson’s body! Unfair!’

 

Jin fishes out something from his file case, which the old man failed to notice from the start. He opens a folder and pushes them towards Mr. Lee for him to read. He raises his brow, questioning the boy for its content but Jin just makes a signal to scan the ‘document’ he prepared.

 

The folder contains a whole sheet of bond paper, which he could tell as a contract of service rendered. It seems like a draft, with a child’s handwriting filling in the blanks, with an intention of asking for an approval of something…

 

 

 

 

 

December 12, 2014.

 

This is a contract entered into by Mr. Lee YoungSuk (hereinafter referred to as "the Provider") and Mr. Kwon JinYoung (hereinafter referred to as "the Client") on the date aforementioned above.

The Provider's place of business is their office and the Client's place of business is our office. (Jin’s Note: I will ask Daddy later for the address, please write your own as well.)

The Client hereby engages the Provider’s daughter to provide services described herein under "Scope and Manner of Services." The Provider hereby agrees to provide the Client with such services in exchange for consideration described herein under "Payment for Services Rendered."

 

Scope and Manner of Services

Services To Be Rendered By Provider: enumerate here each particular task to be performed and its acceptable result, i. e.,

Allow daughter Ms. Lee Chaerin to be the Jin’s Mommy. With full permission of cooking for Jin, playing with Jin, eating ice cream with Jin and uhm… uhm… I’ll ask Daddy about the other details. But I’m sure he’ll agree…

 

 

Payment for Services Rendered

The Client shall pay the Provider for services rendered according to the Payment Schedule attached (Jin’s Note: It’s my trust fund! My butler estimated it to be enough if you will buy five Lamborghini and two Villas in Jeju Island! I’ll ask Daddy for further details.), within calendar days of the date on any invoice (Jin’s Note: What is invoice? I’ll ask Daddy later...) for services render from the Provider.

Should the Client fail to pay the Provider the full amount specified in any invoice within calendar days of the invoice's date, a late fee equal to <(Jin’s note: What is late fee? I’ll ask Daddy…Ayyiee…)> shall be added to the amount due and interest of percent per annum shall accrue from the calendar day following the invoice's date.

Applicable Law

This contract shall be governed by the laws of the Country of South Korea in the City of Seoul and any applicable Federal law.

Signatures

In witness of their agreement to the terms above, the parties or their authorized agents hereby affix their signatures:

____________________________________ _________________________________

(Printed Name of Client or agent) (Printed Name of Provider or agent)

____________________________________ _________________________________

(Signature of Client or agent) (Date) (Signature of Provid

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter