The Grievances

The Distance Grievances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jiyong's POV

 

 

My jaw clenches when Chaerin started shaking, indicating how afraid she is right now. That intensifies even more when the Head of Lee Group suddenly tap his hand on the dining table, loud enough to make even my son shakes. I curled my fist, trying to fight the sudden rush of emotion in me to protect my 'family.'

 

“What is the meaning of this?” Mr. Lee asks, looking darkly at me. I know that in normal situation, people around that old man will scamper away from his menacing stares, but not me… Not Kwon Jiyong. And I know that he knows that.

 

“I think your daughter just stated it a while ago.” I said, meeting his gaze. His fist turns white due to the tightness of his grip, but likewise, I don’t care at all.

 

His attention flies to the sole woman in the dining room, making Chaerin flinches on her position. “D..Daddy…”

 

“Five years ago… you were hospitalized due to massive abdominal pain that caused me to halt all my activities, to fly back in Seoul and to hear your reason of aborting your child… and now, the two of you are telling me that my only daughter just gave birth to a bastard. How do you want me to react?” Low tone sparks deadly wrath.

 

However, the only thing my mind register from his statement is… ‘to hear your reason of aborting your child…’

 

‘to hear your reason of aborting your child…’

 

‘to hear your reason of aborting your child…’

 

My heart sinks, knowing that someone already erased us in her life. ‘What else could I expect?’

 

“Daddy! Stop telling that in front of the child!” Chaerin protested. ‘As if you really care about his feelings…’

 

My son suddenly cries, probably out of fear, as the Head of the Lee Group storms out of the house, leaving the three of us alone. Chaerin looks at me; full of hate as she questioned me why do I have to make the situation messier than it already is.

 

“How dare you put me in this situation? What are you planning Kwon? What do you want?! Why do you have to hurt me in every possible situation??I don’t deserve this!!” She said, pouring all her emotions in me. Jin’s cries became louder, but the pain in me is just too much that releasing it is the only way to breathe. Grabbing my son, I stand up and face this two-faced woman who has nothing but her fear in everything.

 

“Why don’t you just follow your father like you always do? You know what, you’re right. You don’t deserve this… you don’t deserve to be Jin’s mother! It’s your choice if you’re getting hurt. You’re a coward Chaerin. And people like you don’t deserve to fight for. I used to pity my son for being apart with his mother, but gauging the situation now, I pity you… Keep on acting as your father’s puppet, like you always do. We don’t need you here…” With that, I leave her alone, as I bring my son with me. She was too stunned to speak after I told her what I feel. I know she will follow her father so I just shush my son from constant crying. Luckily, he did, though he’s still sobbing.

 

 

 

 

Upon reaching Jin’s room, he immediately asks me things he doesn’t understand. I ready myself with his bunch of questions.

 

“Daddy… is Mr. Lee angry with me?” he sniffs, looking very sad with what happened.

 

“Of course not! Why do you think so?” I gently ruffle his hair.

 

“Because I keep on calling Ms. Chaerin, Mommy… Doesn’t he like that? Ms. Chaerin said her father is kinda strict, so I think he doesn’t like me to play with her…” he reasons out, and my heart aches further more with the way he addresses his mother now… ‘Ms. Chaerin…’

 

“No, why would he hate you? And why would he contest you about calling his daughter, Mommy?” I ask, though I know my son’s reason already, but Jin has his own way of interpreting everything. I tell you, people might see me as a ruthless business man… but I can attest that Jin will be more cold-hearted than me in the future, unless, he will be guided accordingly. ‘And that’s what I’m preventing to happen…’

 

“Because he’s selfish… He only wanted her for himself! He doesn’t want to share her with me…” my son’s face slowly turns from innocent-vulnerable-young man into agitated and cruel one. “I only want my Mommy Chaerin…”

 

I cut his sudden state, feeling concern with the rage that I could see in my son’s eyes. “Jin…Listen to Daddy. Why do you like her so much? Why do you keep calling her Mommy? Is it bad if we just find another woman to play with you instead?” I immediately shut up when I see him glares at me.

 

“Like who? That annoying woman who entered your office last time? I don’t like her! If my real Mommy won’t return from heaven anymore, then I’m fine with Mommy Chaerin. I guess I just have to settle things with his Daddy…” He said, stubbornly and I had to use my authoritative voice again to stop him from thinking overboard.

 

“Who even told you that your mother is in heaven already???” I ask him, for I never ever remember mentioning that Chaerin is already there.

 

“You.” He said, as a matter of factly.

 

“What?? And when did I tell you that?” I half shouted in surprise. ‘Me? Why me?’

 

“You used to mention Mommy with the term Ciel…so I research its meaning. Then I found out, that Ciel means Heaven… So my Mommy is already in heaven…”

 

I fight the huge urge to do a face palm. ‘His analytical skills are damn scary…’ “You’re just assuming Young Man. Didn’t you even think that CL/Ciel word could be your Mommy’s name?”

 

“No… my Mommy has only one name… and it’s Chaerin.” He said stubbornly. ‘Since when he became obsessed to be her son??? And why do I feel happy about it?’

 

“But you two were just playing, right? And you said a while ago that if your real Mommy won’t return anymore, then that’s the time you want Ms. Chaerin?” I said, trying to twist his words.

 

“Na-ah… I never said that.” He said, twisting the truth this time. “I think my real Mommy loves her stay in heaven, so it’s settled that my Mommy now is Ms. Chaerin…” he said dreamily.

 

“You did say that Jin, admit it. You know I hate liars...” I warn him but seems like he’s too busy to care.

 

“No I didn’t… I want her as my Mommy… Daddy, can we just take her home with us?” he asks hopefully. ‘God, things are getting harder than it seems. I wonder what Jin will do if he find out that Chaerin is indeed his mother.’

 

“Her Daddy won’t agree…” I said.

 

“Then, let’s make him agree… Come on Daddy, you can do that!” He replied with conviction. “Or else, I will…”

 

“Jin-ah…” I called out. “Don’t ever think of doing something I didn’t know. You’re dead if I find out!” I glare at him, but to my surprise, he just returns the intensity of my snare. The fact that we really look alike kinda scares me a bit.

 

Jin pouted before asking me strange thing. “Daddy…how much did you put in my trust fund?”

 

I raise my brow with the sudden shift of our topic. “Why do you want to know?”

 

“I just wanted to… If you don’t want to answer that, fine… just tell me how much is your net worth?”

 

“Err… Why are you asking me that right now?” Okay, he’s behaving weirdly. First, he was crying just because he thought Mr. Lee doesn’t like him to play with Chaerin, then, he’s insisting that he wanted her as a mother, forces me to take her home…and now he’s asking information about my net worth???

 

“I just wanna know how much I will inherit from you… And how much do I own right now…” he answered, shrugging his shoulders. ‘Seriously? It’s as if I’m talking to a random business man now.’

 

“And why is that Kwon??” my eyes almost bulge out from their sockets. I’m still alive and kicking but he’s asking me about inheritance this early?

 

“I just need money… Why don’t you just tell me?” he mumbles.

 

“Aigoo… For what? What will a five year old kid do in large sum of money? Explain it Kwon…”

 

“You won’t understand…” he said, before lying down on his bed. “Anyway, I’m sleepy Daddy… See you tomorrow. Goodnight!” With that, he covers himself with his blanket, completely dismissing me. I sigh in defeat.

 

“Good night, Baby… Don’t think about what happened a while ago, okay? Just remember that your Chaerin Noona likes you…” I said, easing his feeling.

 

“Yeah, Daddy…. And it’s Mommy, not Noona…” He replies before yawning.

 

“Aish! Stubborn Bastard…” I mutter under my breath, but he heard it.

 

“Just like you, Stubborn Old Man…” he grins.

 

‘Tsk!’ I playfully throw the pillow at him, couldn’t admit the fact that I just got defeated AGAIN by my own son.

 

If only I know that he’s really thinking of something else…

 

 

 

 

 

When

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter