Inside Thoughts

Why not me?

After what felt like a long shift, I finally ended my first day of work. I wasn't sure why but it somewhat felt awkward after I came back from break. Jay oppa wasn't as flirty as he usually was ever since he figured out I was participating in the "special test". Maybe I was just thinking too much..

As soon as I changed into my regular clothes: high-waisted shorts; grey crewneck; and blue high-tops, I was about to dial hanbin oppa's number to see if he could pick me up until I saw Bobby oppa waiting for me outside. What the, why is he here? How long was he waiting for?

"Oppa! What're you doing here?" I asked with sincere confusion; he looked a little disappointed when I asked him that.
"I came to pick you up, Hanbin asked me to since it's dangerous for you to walk around by yourself," he explained very ironically since being with him in public might be more dangerous; I could tell he knew what I was thinking through his expression.
Just as I was about to say "Thank you", he put a snapback on me and we began to run while holding hands.. again.

Not knowing what was going on I just followed him, running just like last time. Suddenly, he called a taxi cab that stopped right in front of us. Still holding hands he asked the taxi driver to drive to somewhere I never heard of before.. am I getting kidnapped?

"Sorry Suhyun, I saw Hi's backup dancer staring at me so I ran for it. I didn't want him to call Hi after what happened last time at the dorm," He nervously explained to me not realizing we were still holding hands until I looked down at them still clasped together.

"Oh, sorry," He looked away as soon as he let go of my hand; why did I not want him to?

"It's okay," I began with a cough to increase the awkwardness. "Are you and Hi unni.. dating?"

He stayed silent for a good minute. Shoot, shouldn't have asked that.. 

After what felt like forever, he finally spoke, "We did.. but I heard she cheated on me with one of her dancers so I broke up with her.." he confessed with his right fist clenched which didn't make me feel any better; but all I could do was reassure him with an "I'm sorry", and held his hand that looked like he was about to punch the taxi's window. Does he still like her? Wait.. why do I care so much.. Feeling a little hurt for some reason, I let go of his hand.

I could tell he was worrying about me more than himself so he tried to change the topic, "How was work?"

Disappointed at the way the conversation ended, I moodly responded, "It was alright." He noticed my tone changed and looked away again. Unintentionally, I asked with attitude, "Well, where are we going?"

He was a little surprised at my tone but answered, "You'll see when we get there." Trying to enlighten the mood, he shot his eye smile at me which is contagious; so I smiled back. 

It took us almost ten mintues to get to the unknown destination. A park? I figured when we got there.

"Where are we?" I was confused why he would bring me to a park.

"I used to come to this park a lot when I would have trouble writing lyrics or any thoughts that were bothering me. But since M&M started I didn't have much time to visit here as often." He explained with a slightly embarrassed look on his face. But why did he bring me? Was he worried I was stressed out about the special test?

"You must be thinking why I brought you here huh," he laughed at my reaction because it was the exact thought I had in mind.
"Yeah... I've been confused since the moment I saw you standing in front of the cafe," I laughed along with him.
"Well, I noticed you were worried about the special test coming up soon so I thought sharing this park with you wouldn't be so bad," He teased with another one of his eye smile. He's so sweet.. if only he wasn't Hanbin oppa's team member.. I bet he only thinks of me as a little si-

"Suhyun! Kim Suhyun!" He woke me up from my deep thoughts. Man, I need to stop doing that.
"You hungry?" He generously asked while taking out a togo bag filled with two hamburgers and fries. What the.. when did he bring these? I didn't even notice him holding that bag.. what's wrong with me..

I happily took his offer because I actually was really hungry since I didn't eat anything today due to nervousness, "Thanks oppa, I didn't even notice you had food with you!"

I blushed while he teased by messing up my hair like what a boyfriend would do, "I'm the best oppa huh. You should be hungry, eat a lot!" 

I can't tell if he thinks of me as a little sister or not.. he's so confusin- why am i having so many inside thoughts.. stop thinking so much Kim Suhyun!

"I'm so full.. I can't believe I finished everything.." I exclaimed with embarrassment for eating so much infront of Bobba oppa who was just smiling for some reason.

"How do you eat so much when you're so small," I jokingly slapped his arm when he basically called me a pig, hmph.

"I didn't eat anything today!" I confessed when he gave me a confused look. "Why didn't you eat during your break?"

I stayed silent while drinking the large coke we were sharing. "I actually have something to tell you.. you know the worker who hired me?"

Suddenly he looked a little angry but calmly asked, "Yeah, what about him?"

I was hesitant on telling him but I finally spoke, "He's actually particiapting in the special test too.."

"NOW I REMEMBER.." Bobby oppa jumped as if he finally figured out something he was trying to think of for a long time but I was more confused.

"Suhyun-ah.. he's Jinhwan hyung's brother.. I forgot his face because I haven't seen him for years but I remember Jinhwan telling me his brother auditioned for YG too," 

When I heard this my jaw dropped even more than when i found out Jay oppa was my rival.. how small can Korea be.. me competing against Jinhwan oppa's brother? Now I'm 100x more nervous.. 

 

I'm so sorry guys for such a long time of no update :( I was in the midst of writer's block but finally got my pace back! Hopefully this update was somewhat worth it haha! How'd you like the twist? ^_^ next chapter will continue with them at the park & bobby's pov of this chapter!! :) I have many more ideas and chapters coming up soon!! thanks for the support guys!! <3