I Want to Protect You

Why not me?

Suhyun-ah, can I ask you something? You don't have to say anything. Just listen to what I'm about to say. I know your brother won't let us start anything but I just can't help myself. Will you-

"Suhyun, Suhyun.." I hear someone calling me from afar
"Eung.. oppa weh?" I talk in my sleep not knowing who kept repeating my name
"Kim Suhyun!" It was Hanbin oppa.
"Huh? What? Oh, hi oppa.." I respond while rubbing my eyes and yawning after waking up from a dream with I think Bobby oppa was in.. Why was he in my dream?

"Dang what kind of dream were you dreaming of? You were smiling the whole time I kept trying to wake you up," Hanbin oppa teased. Just then, I realized I was in his bed with Bobby oppa sitting across me working on a new song.

"She must've been dreaming of me," Right when he said that I was finally fully awake with embarrassment.
My cheeks were turning into two tomatoes, "Aw, I was right! How cute." Bobby kept teasing until Hanbin oppa slapped him on the arm.
"What? Really Suhyun?" Hanbin asked with suspision.
"No! I don't even remember!" I blushed as Bobby just kept teasing me which ended up with me slapping him.

"Are we this close now that you're slapping me?" He wouldn't stop teasing; he was enjoying this way too much.
"That's it, I'm going out." I got up but Hanbin oppa stopped me by grabbing my arm.
"And where do you think you're going?" He asked because there weren't many places for me to go.

After minutes of thinking I finally came to a conclusion, "I'm going to go find a part time job. I don't want to stay here all day with you two."
Hanbin oppa frowned but eventually let me go, "Okay, want me to go with you? You're going to get lost for sure."
I rolled my eyes, "Oppa I'm not five. I'm good with directions. Besides, I want to look around Seoul since I'm staying here now."
He looked at me confused, "You're not going back to LA?" 
"Hell no. I'd rather stay here with you. Why, you want me to go back?" I backfired at him when he just shook his head.
"No way. Okay, you go find a part time job and I'll talk to YG later when we go film in a few minutes."
I looked at him with expectation, "Don't you have anything to say to me?"
He looked confused, "Not really, why?" I sighed and muttered, "Never mind.."

Wow oppa.. you don't even remember your little sister's birthday? With disappointment, I walked out of their room to find an outfit to wear.

Hm.. what should I wear? I looked through my luggage but everything looked too American. I want to start wearing clothes that are popular in Korea now.
"Gosh, why don't I have any cute clothes! Should I go shopping?" I went back to Hanbin oppa's room to let them know.

"Oppa, I'm going to go shopping. Apparently, I don't have any clothes I want to wear," I sighed but Hanbin oppa opposed.
"No, I'm not letting you go shopping by yourself. You're going to get lost for sure. Trust me. Go with Hanna," I rolled my eyes for his over-protective attitude but listened to him and called Hanna unni, "Hey unni, do you have time right now? I want to go shopping but my over-protective bro won't let me." I emphasized the words "over-protective bro" to see his reaction. Yup, that was so worth it, I laughed.
"Sorry kiddo, I'm busy with training, I'll let you know when I finish, okay?" I sighed and said "Ok" and hung up. Even Hanna unni forgot my birthday..? I felt hurt.

"Well, Hanna unni can't go with me. Now can I go?" Rather than asking I demanded with attitude to leave already.
"No, you're not going by yourself. I won't be able to pick up your calls if you got lost," I let out an exaggerated sigh. Seriously, he was acting way too much like a mom.

"I can go with her," Hanbin oppa glared at Bobby when he suggested that he would supervise me.
"What do you mean, we have filming to do today," Hanbin shot back at him.
"I'll just ask the staff if I can have today off, besides, it's mainly your team for this episode, isn't it?" Hanbin oppa stayed silent for a while and finally responded, "Fine, but you better take care of her. If anything happens to her-"
"Don't worry, we'll be fine. Let's go Suhyun-ah," Bobby oppa cut him off while pushing me out the door.

"Is it really okay for you to miss the filming today?" I asked with worried eyes. Wait, why am I worried? He's the one that suggested it.
"Haha, yeah it's fine. Don't worry about it," He reassured me, "Now let me give you the best tour, since you'll be with me," He winked as opened the front door for me in a gentleman manner. 
He's so weird, but funny I guess, I thought to myself.

As he was giving me a tour of the neighborhood, I see some guys looking at me uncomfortably.
"Why do they keep staring at me?" I innocently ask Bobby oppa.
"They probably know you're from US. You are wearing a Hollister sweater, capris, and converse," He laughs and puts his arm around my shoulder casually which surprises me.
"What're you doing?" I ask him with an eyebrow raised, just then the guys that were staring looked away.
"See, now they think you're taken," He smirked with his arm still on my shoulders.
"Okay, you can let go now," I pulled his arm away which makes him look at me knowing I wasn't enjoying it.
"Sorry if that made you uncomfortable," He apologized. He's sorry? Wow, he might not be that bad of a guy.

We arrive at a small store with cute, winter coats displayed on the mannequins. As soon as we walk in, Bobby's song from Show Me The Money, "Go" played in the background which made him dance. I giggled at his reaction to his own song.
"You're so silly," I laughed as I find a pair of cute high-waisted, plain, black skirt; thick, black knee-high socks; and a baby pink, over-sized sweater that says, 'love' in black written in the front.
"I'ma try these on real quick, wait for a bit okay?" He nodded as he sat on a chair that was in front of the fitting room area.

I finish trying it on and go outside to find Bobby oppa.
"Oppa, how does this look?" I made a full 180 degrees turn so he can see every angle of the outfit.
After just staring at me for what felt like a while, he finally made a comment, "It looks nice," I frowned at his lack of enthusiasm. Maybe it's not that cute? Whatever, I like it.
"Okay, I'll take these please," I told the female worker who was at the cashier.
"May I wear it on?" She nodded and I took out my wallet to pay for the shirt, skirt, and socks. But just then, Bobby oppa stopped me and gave his card to the cashier.
"It's on me," I just looked at him, okay why was he being so nice to me?
"What..? Why? I feel bad," I said to him trying to pay for my purchase. But he kept putting my money away til the end.
"Thank you," The female cashier said to Bobby. She kept looking up at him thinking she's seen him before.
"I'm sorry, but are you Bobby from Team B?" She asked while hesitating.
"Yeah," Bobby replied quietly trying to hide his face with his hoodie.
"Omg, I'm such a big fan! Can I get your autograph?" She gave him a pen and paper as he signed it for her.

Right when he gave it back to her, another girl in the store screamed and tried to take a picture of Bobby.
"Suhyun-ah," He called my name quielty as he grabbed my hand and the bag of clothes I was wearing earlier.
He put his snapback on my head covering my face as well to prevent people taking pictures of me, "Run,". 

As soon as we ran toward the door, girls in the store began screaming and trying to chase after us all the way to the end of the street without stopping. I began to loose energy to run any further so Bobby held my hand tighter helping me run just a little more. Fortunately, we find a corner with big boxes to hide behind. We change directions as Bobby hid me in his arms, so close that I could hear his heartbeat. A few seconds later, the girls were out of sight.
"They're gone," He assured me still hiding me in his tight embrace. He looked down and saw me blushing.

"Oh, sorry," He let go allowing me have some air to breathe.
"It's okay, wow I don't think you should've came out with me.. that was close," I said trying to break the awkward atmosphere.
"Sorry, I didn't think I would be seen, that's why I wore this hoodie and snapback," He didn't seem to care too much about the situation according to his tone.
"Well, I'm going to go to see if there's a part time job available at a cafe or something," I implied saying he should go back to the YG building.
"Are you sure? I can go with you if you want," I shook my head side ways.
"It's okay, oppa. I don't want rumors about me right now, it might become public and Hanbin oppa's not going to like it, at all." I warned him as he finally gave up and said to call him if anything happens.

"Okay, I'll call you when I'm on my way back to the dorm." I assured him.
"No, come to the practice room at the building by 7:00PM, sharp. I want to show you the new choreography I'm working on with Hanbin," I nodded as we waved while parting ways.

Bobby's POV

She's so cute when she's sleeping. Wait, don't stare at her you creep.
"What do you think you're looking at," Hanbin asks with annoyance blocking my view, I mean.. nevermind.
"Nothing, honest." I lied and he knew it.

"Kim Suhyun!" He wakes her up as she cutely yawns not knowing I'm here.
The way she gets embarrassed easily is so cute. Therefore, I couldn't help but teasing her but she obviously wasn't enjoying it.

Feeling her annoyance, she says she wants to find a part time job out of no where. She went out of the room and came back a few minutes later, "Oppa, I'm going to go shopping. Apparently, I don't have any cute clothes," I hear her sigh but Hanbin kept opposing. Therefore, she tried calling Hanna but she wasn't available so I told him I'd go with her.

Honestly, I can't believe Hanbin let me take Suhyun out, I thought to myself. Text message from Hanbin: Hey, today's Suhyun's birthday so stall her. We're gonna surprise her with the other members and Hanna with a cake. Try to memorize the song we prepared for her that I showed you this morning and tell her to come by 7 sharp. 

As we were walking around the neighborhood, I can tell guys were staring at her because she stood out and they wanted to go up to her so I decided to give them what they didn't expect at all.
I put my arm around her which surprised her, surprised me as well. If Hanbin saw this I'd be deadmeat.

It felt a little awkward so I let go and we reached a store with trendy clothes displayed.
Right when we get in I hear my song, "Go", and automatically started dancing. She giggled, she likes that? Haha I can't get over how cute she is.

When she got out of the fitting room, she asked how she looked but all I could say, "It looks nice." Honestly, she looked really cute. I just didn't like that the skirt was a little too short.. guys are going to stare at her. But she decided to get it so I couldn't do anything about it since I wasn't her boyfriend or anything.

For her birthday present, I already knew I was going to pay for whatever she was going to buy. She was already disappointed that she thinks that her brother forgot her birthday. She kept rejecting it but I won in the end.

"I'm sorry, but are you Bobby from team B?" The cashier asked. Sh*t, I was already recognized. I didn't want to make a big deal so I just gave her my autograph but another girl was with two of her friends and she began to scream and take pictures. Trying to protect Suhyun's identity, I put my snapback on her to hide her face and said quietly, "Run."

I grabbed her hand unintentionally and began to run away from the girls. I find a corner where we can hide so I lead Suhyun by gripping her hand tighter so she can keep up. Hiding her within my arms, I check to see if they were gone. My heart was beating fast because we were running like maniacs. I sighed with relief and looked at Suhyun. She was blushing hard. Is she nervous that I was basically hugging her? Damn, I can't tell what she's feeling. She's so hard to get, but I don't mind that. 

"Sorry," I let go to give her some breath.
She told me she should go find a part time job by herself because she doesn't want to be exposed with me, mainly because of Hanbin.
I didn't want to leave her alone but I ended up loosing and told her to come to the practice room by 7:00PM sharp according to Hanbin. She'll be fine by herself, right? Gosh, I can't seem to leave her. I just feel like protecting her all the time.