Chapter 07

Beauty and the Geek - Life Together

Dinober: What should I do?

 

Bling Bling Jjong: If you love her then just be honest and talk things out.

 

Bling Bling Jjong: Things will only work out when two is being honest with each other.

 

Dinober: Thanks. I’ll talk to her about it.

 

Jjong always give me great advice I’m glad in the virtual world I have a friend like him.

 

 

 

The words have been repeating over and over in my head countless of times and it just keeps on making me depress. It’s been bothering me for weeks and I just couldn’t get it out of my head.

 

The rumors about Krystal and I dating have actually died since we don’t hang out that much anymore and of course no one would believe a smart and beautiful girl like Krystal would ever fall for a person like me. So since no one is talking about us anymore I just left this problem at the back of my head until exams is over. I just can’t bring anymore problem up when I see the tired Krystal every night after her studies.

 

Krystal’s hard working studies did not go to waste when the results are posted.

 

Krystal Jung first in the school for all subjects.

 

I’m so proud of her but this has just pull our gap more apart when I read my results.

 

Students who failed: Amber Liu.

 

Great.

 

Walking away from the crowd I silently walk to my favorite roof top place. I sat on the floor staring at the scenery in front thinking of my future until a pair of arms wrap around me from behind.

 

“It’s okay. We can study together and I can tutor you.” Krystal comforts me and pecked my cheek.

 

“I’m fine. It’s not the first time that I failed.” I reach my hand and squeezed hers as I forced a smile.

 

“We’re having a 1 week holiday break. To make up the times that I ignored you we’ll go somewhere together, just the two of us.” Krystal shifted her head to the side facing me with her arms still wrap around my neck.

 

“What if someone see us together?”

 

“That’s why we’re going somewhere far.” This time Krystal shifts her whole body in front and sat on my lap. Instantly my arms wrap around her waist pulling her closer. I just smiled and nodded my head agreeing to spend the holiday with her.

 

I’ll find a chance to talk to her before our holiday ends.

 

A smile immediately appears on her face and she leans in capturing my lips.

 

“I miss your kisses.” She said without parting her lips with mine.

 

 

Everyone was happy about the holiday, so was I until I saw the new notice message on the message board. 

 

Room change after the holiday?

 

I froze on the spot seeing the message. Some students are happy but some is sad about it and I am definitely the sad one. Apparently the school decided to do a room change all of a sudden, I don’t know why but it’s stupid. Krystal and I spent most of our loving moments in our room together, if we’re not rooming together then there won’t be time for us. Immediately my mood looking forward to our holiday trip is all gone.

 

Maybe it’s really time for us to part.

 

I walk back to my room still with a gloomy face. Krystal was packing her clothes ready for the holiday, she look at me with a weird expression before dropping what she was doing before.

 

“What’s wrong?” She wraps her arms around my neck.

 

“Did you see the new message about our room?” Immediately she frowned and loosens her arms.

 

“Yes, Sulli just called me about it.” She went back packing her clothes.

 

“But don’t think too much about it. We can’t change it so let’s forget about it and enjoy our holiday together?” Krystal put back her hyper expression facing me.

 

I just simply nodded.

 

That’s true we can’t do anything about it.

 

 

 

As usual once the holiday comes every student who stays at the dorm will go back to their home or hometown and Krystal and I are no difference to the others. We decided to head home individually spending the weekends with our family then both of us will make an excuse and leave our family. I snug out of my house early morning at 6am, the sun has not even rise yet and I waited at the bus station for Krystal to arrive. Five minutes pass by and Krystal finally came carrying her backpack and a huge hang carry bag.

 

“Woah, why you have so much things?” I said in surprise. I quickly walk up to her and took care of the hand carry bag.

 

It’s heavy.

 

“We’re staying there for 4 days, of course I need to bring along my daily uses.” She pouted.

 

I chuckled at her cuteness and we waited until the bus came. In such a time there was only 2 or 3 people taking the bus, we sat right at the back and once we sat down Krystal immediately drift off to dreamland as we know it’ll take us 3 hours to get there. I was looking at the passing scenery until my eyelids also feel heavy and close down. 3 hours pass with us sleeping most of the time, we got off the bus and the sky is bright and sunny.

 

Reading the map we walk along the pathway to a village that we’re going to stay. We held hands the entire walk swinging it back and forth like kids. A smile just appeared on our face as we can finally hold hands out in the public. A 20 minutes walk and we finally got to a wooden small village house.

 

“This is the place, right?” I asked pointing at the door entrance.

 

Krystal just nodded her head and we just walk in.

 

“Halmuhnee!? Halapoji!?” Krystal shouted as we walk inside.

 

An old lady came walking out while a big smile on her face.

 

“You’re Krystal right? And this is your boyfriend?” The old lady commented making us blush. Even though the old lady has mistaken me as a guy but it didn’t matter as I can finally admit Krystal is mine, my girlfriend.

 

Neither of us spoke a word or rather we didn’t know how to answer the old lady. We avoid the looks and just blankly stared at the ground.

 

“You two are so cute.” The old lady commented seeing the shy us.

 

“So where’s the place we’ll be staying at?” Krystal broke the awkwardness and went back on topic about the place that we’ll be staying in the next 3 days.

 

“Ah...follow me and I’ll show you.” The old lady chuckled and walk in front of us.

 

We followed the old lady closely behind until we reach to a small wooden house next door to the old lady’s house.

 

“This is the place. You don’t need to lock the doors, this village is safe. The bathroom is there and this bike here you’re free to use. The market is just 30 minutes ride from here.” The old lady explained.

 

And for the next 30 minutes the old lady kept talking to us about how we look cute together, her family and her daughter, especially when she talks about her daughter her eyes were shinning. She would have continued to talk to us about her history if it wasn’t her husband coming over pulling his wife back to the house. The old lady was really nice and even offers us dinner for tonight.

 

Once the old lady left we settle down our luggage in the house. We step inside it was just an empty room with a table in the middle. I could tell Krystal is already tired from all the walking we did to this village so I just drop my luggage on the floor and set up the futons so we can lie down and rest for a bit. We lay down side by side with Krystal snuggling close to me.

 

“This place is so nice.” Krystal said still with her eyes closed.

 

“Ah huh…”

 

It was silent again and soon I heard soft snores coming out from the girl. I guess after all the travelling and had to wake up so early in the morning must have tired Krystal all out.

 

Yes this place is nice because we don’t have to hide our relationship.

 

 The problem pop up again when I thought I have completely forgot about it ever since I arrived in this village.

 

This holiday might be our last memory of being together.