Chapter 03

Beauty and the Geek - Life Together

Ever since I met that popular guy Kim Jonghyun in that music classroom he’s been bothering me quite a lot. It’s weird; no one ever acts like that to me usually students won’t even want to hang around me since I’m the geek in the school.

Omo, don’t tell me he likes me?

Sorry I don’t like boys, especially popular handsome boys like you.


“Hey Amber!” Jonghyun’s voice broke my trance of thoughts.

I turn around to find this guy happily approaching toward my direction.

Is he a stalker or what, how come he knows I’m here?

I was at my usual hide out place, a place where I can be left alone which is the roof top of the old abandon building which is ready to be demolished anytime soon.

“How did you know I’m here?” I questioned.

“I stalked you.” He answered with a happy smile pasted on his face.

Okie... You’re freaking me out.

“I’m joking do you have to have this freak out look on your face? I just happened to see you entering this old building.” He chuckled and explained himself to make sure I don’t mistake him as a stalker.

“Wow quite a view up here.” He added.

“So...? Need anything?”

“I guess it weird why I’m suddenly always bothering you.” He paused to look at my face and continued.

“Other than I do find you’re pretty interesting and want to be friends with you another reason is because I like Krystal and I know you’re her roommate.” I was stunned by his words and I could also see him blushing a little bit when he confessed he like Krystal.

I knew this guy isn’t simply just wanted to be friends with me, so his real intention is Krystal. I guess the next thing he’ll ask is to introduce him to her.

“It would be a big help if you can... like... introduce me to her.” He hesitated a little.

Bingo! I guessed it right. For once I can admit I’m pretty smart.

I look at him with a blank expression, his face became redder than before and he wasn’t looking at me. He eagerly waited for my reply but once I open my mouth I realise I don’t know how to reply him. If I reply him with a yes it means I’m helping him to go after my girlfriend, putting our relationship in danger but if I said no he’ll start questioning why and I cannot tell him Krystal is my girlfriend so you have no chance and just give up.

“So?” He asked urging me to give him an answer.

“Well... you know Krystal isn’t as good as what you think. She has a lot of bad habits like...” I tried so hard to think of Krystal’s bad habits but nothing came in my head so I just randomly made some up. Hopefully he’ll back away after hearing it.

“Like she doesn’t shower after jogging, she can’t cook, has a bad tempter, she hits hard and... lots more...” I just blabbed a whole lot of bull except for the last one, she does hit hard sometimes I wonder how can those skinny arms of hers have such massive power.

“Really? She sure doesn’t look like that. That just makes me want to know more about her.” A smile appeared on his face.

Oh no, he’s finding her more attractive.

After hearing that I just want to slap myself on the face, I guess it’s true how people say love can make one blind.

“So is it a yes or no?” He asked again with a eager expression.

“...Fine but don’t say I didn’t warn you if you get rejected.” I just didn’t have the courage to say no since I cannot say the reason to him.

A wide smile appeared on Jonghyun’s face right after I agree to introduce him to my girlfriend. He put both hands on my shoulder and with as much passion he has he shook me back and forth.

“This is why I like you so much!”

Just like that I got myself another rival.

Gosh! Amber Liu why are you so stupid?

I started banging my head on the table when my head was resting on my computer desk.

“What are you doing?” Krystal gave me a confused look. She just got out of the bathroom with a towel drying her wet long hair.

“Isn’t it obvious? I’m banging my head on the table.” I said with a dead voice. I had stopped banging my head and just let it rest on the table.

“Why are you so silly?” She let the towel rest on both of her shoulders as she walks over and swivel my computer chair to facing her direction. She then sat herself on my lap facing me, legs spread apart and tightly clinging onto the legs of the chair making sure the chair won’t swivel around. She then wraps her arms around my neck for support. Feeling the weight on my lap I Instantly wrap my arms around her waist so that she won’t fall. Lifting my head up the image of her beautiful face was enlarged in front of my eyes, our bodies are slightly touching against each other where I can feel her s touching mine and our face was less than a centimetre apart. Since I was too distracted by our physical contact I totally forgot what we were just talking about.

“Well it’s because you’re so silly that’s why I love you so much.” She answered her own question herself and right afterward she leaned in for a quick peck on my lips. She then distanced herself a little but we still stayed in the same position. I was waiting for her next action to come but all she did was just staring at my eyes with a smirk on her face.

Is this girl trying to test my limits?

It was like a staring contest as both of our eyes did not leave each other. Time went really slow, 1 second felt like 10 minutes. Finally I grunted and lift her up as her legs clinging tightly on my waist and arms around my neck tightens. I heard a victory squeal as I lift her up to one of our bed. This girl really likes playing these kind of games.



Four days have been pass ever since Jonghyun asked me to introduce Krystal to him. Every day he would pester me about when I would introduce Krystal to him but every time I would just say “next time” to him. He gets disappointed every time hearing me say that but he never pushes over the limit to the point I could be pissed off.

What am I going to do?

I sighed as I stir the straw in my ice coffee. I’m sitting opposite to Krystal in a nice quiet cafe after school. I should be happily chatting with Krystal now and putting my problem behind but I couldn’t. I’ve been asking that question in these four days but there was just no perfect answer. If I don’t introduce Jonghyun to Krystal any sooner he’ll suspect me and our relationship might be expose which Krystal will be unhappy since she wants to keep it between us for now.

“Amber is there something wrong? You seem to be spacing out a lot recently?” Krystal asked in a concern tone.

“...Krys. how come you don’t want our relationship to be exposed?” I never really question her why I just consent with it. But if we really did expose our relationship maybe I didn’t have to put up with Jonghyun in the first place and I could proudly hold her hand in public.

“Why are you asking that so suddenly?” She seem a bit surprise at my sudden question.

“I just want to know why.” I shrugged my shoulders.

She had a struggling expression on her face and her hands were holding tight to her glass of ice coffee. She didn’t immediately answer back so I just patiently waited for her to gather her words and explain. Just when I saw her about to say something I felt a quick tug around my neck. My entire body leaned on the right and my neck was in pain because someone had headlock me.

“Yo Amber!” I recognise that voice it belongs to Jonghyun.

Ignoring my struggles and pain he whispered to my right ear “Hurry and introduce me to Krystal” but still headlocks me.

I finally struggle free from his hold, once I was free I quickly push him away from my zone.

“...What the hell? Are you trying to suffocate me?” I coughed and gaining back my normal breathing rhythm.

“You’re Kim Jonghyun right?” Krystal finally spoke.

“You know me?” Jonghyun eyes widen in surprise.

“Well you were a topic in school.”

I could see him blushing hard because of Krystal knowing his name.

“But I never knew you’re friends with Amber.”

“We’re good buddies!” Jonghyun laughed and had his arm around my shoulder but this time he wasn’t giving me a headlock instead a hard pat on my left shoulder. More pain.

“Really? Amber you should told me earlier that Jonghyun is your friend. I thought you had no other friends other than Sulli, Victoria and I.”

Why is she so happy to know I have a new friend?

“Well... now you know.” Ignoring the pain that I got earlier from Jonghyun I forced a smile back.