Chapter 6

A Perfect Secret

          All EXO boys except Tao were in the class before the lecture starts. Xiumin and Lay were talking, Suho and Kris were discussing something while Baekhyun, Chen, Chanyeol were joking at each other with Kyungsoo who had his poker-face on and Luhan who was sitting while reading something. Tao went to the toilet. There’s no one inside the class so they want to enjoy with each before they trapped with the queenkas who haven’t come yet. Tao came with a frightened face and walked to them hurriedly.

          “What’s wrong, panda? You just met a ghost?” Baekhyun joked on him while laughing along with Chen, Chanyeol and Kyungsoo. Their laugh made the others except Luhan looked at Tao. Tao’s forehead is full of beads of sweats. It looks like he just met a ghost; his biggest fear. Why does he even call as a master of martial arts when he scared of ghost and insects? Tao tried to catch his breath before he said something. “Whoa! Slow down, panda!” Chanyeol told him because he looked like he was about to have an asthma attack.

          “Listen, hyung! I just saw something scary.” Tao managed to speak between his breaths. “Let me guess, a ghost appeared in front of your eyes while you’re doing your ‘business’? Or a bug landed on your ‘buddy’?” Kris joined the troll trio to poke fun of him. All of them were laughing at Kris statement. He is known as a cold guy and only melted when he’s around with EXO boys, especially to Tao.

          “Guys, listen to me! Hyung, you should listen too. It’s about Sooyi.” Tao pulled Luhan’s shoulder to turn him to make sure that he listened to him since it’s about Sooyi. Luhan groaned and heaved a heavy sigh while rolling his eyes. He didn’t want to hear anything about Sooyi. It’s not his problem. “I was at the toilet and then I heard someone screamed from outside.”

          “And then you feel scared and ran to us. That’s it.” Baekhyun cut him and received a hit from Xiumin because Tao looks annoyed when Baekhyun cut him. “And then what happen?” Xiumin asked him to continue his story. “I went to the cubicle and stood on the toilet bowl to look outside from the window.” He stopped for awhile before continue, “I saw Sooyi holding a belt and whipped a girl. The other girls were beating and kicking her body. It was really bad and Sooyi non-stop whipping her back and that girl vomited a blood.” Everyone jaw dropped when they heard that. Luhan is still look uninterested to Tao’s story although he eavesdrop it. “Who’s that girl?” Suho asked him while the others are waiting for his answer. “I don’t know her name but she’s the one that Sooyi loves to bully the most; that poor girl who always bought their drinks.”

          “What?!” Everyone blinked at Luhan who shouted at Tao with a shock expression on his face. Even Tao was shock with his sudden word. Luhan on the other hand, was sure that the girl that Sooyi was whipping to is Seohyun. Who else is the poor girl in this college? Who else is the one who bought all her friends’ drinks? Who else that Sooyi loves to bully the most? It’s none other than Seohyun. If it’s true, then everything that was bugging on his mind about Seohyun has finally answered.

          “Is that girl okay?” Xiumin asked Tao. Tao was about to answer but he didn’t when he looked at somewhere else. Everyone followed where he is looking and Luhan turned his head to know what he was looking. Seohyun entered the class helplessly. She struggled to walk and had to use the table as a support and dragged herself. She looks so tired and weak. Her face is so pale and she could pass out anytime soon. She noticed that the EXO boys were looking at her especially her husband, Luhan.

          Luhan was looking at her with shock and froze at his position. His tongue tied when he looked at her in that terrible state. She’s walking like an old lady. She smiled and bowed to them slowly. She clenched her hand into a fist and took a deep breath while biting her lips to show that she’s strong, she can handle it. No, she’s not! That’s what Luhan thought when he saw her like that. He felt hurt and want to cry at that moment. He wanted to help her but he can’t. He had to act like a stranger to her when he is with his friends.

          “Oppa!” The most annoying voices were heard and the boys groaned. The girls walked to the class with conceited. Hyewon pushed Seohyun causing her to fall. The girls hugged their so-called ‘boyfriend’. Sooyi tried to hug Luhan but he pushed her away and looked at Seohyun who was struggling to stand. Her body was shaking and she had to use the table to support her to stand up. Sooyi noticed that Luhan looked at Seohyun began to mocked her, “Hey, loser! Can you stop being an attention ? Do you think we’re going to fool with your sick acting so that you can attract our oppa?” Sooyi went to her and pushed her again. Luhan clenched into fist and wanted to explode.

          Seohyun’s tears flowed down to her cheek. She began to cry. “You should win an award for the best acting. You really deserved that.” Sooyi clapped her hands as ‘praising’ Seohyun’s ‘acting’. “But we’re not stupid.” She was about to step on Seohyun’s stomach when someone pulled her harshly until she fell. Everyone gasped when Sooyi fell because Luhan pulled her harshly just now. She shocked that Luhan did that to her but mad when Luhan helped Seohyun to stand and sat her to her place.

          “Ouch! Oppa, I think I sprained my ankle.” Sooyi faked act when Luhan came to her, hoping that he would do the same to her or even better. Luhan scoffed at her while crossing his arms. “You’re really bad at acting. At least her acting touched my heart but your acting makes me feel annoyed to death.” Luhan left without helping her at all. Sooyi was furious with Seohyun. She knows how to teach her a lesson.

 


 

          In the class, Luhan couldn’t concentrate with the lecture because his mind is filled with Seohyun. He took a glance at Seohyun and it looks like she couldn’t concentrate the lecture either. The pain all around her body must be bad. Tao’s words echoed in his mind; ‘I saw Sooyi holding a belt and whipped a girl.’, ‘The other girls were beating and kicking her body.’, ‘Sooyi non-stop whipping her back.’, ‘that girl vomited a blood.’, ‘she’s the one that Sooyi loves to bully the most.’, ‘that poor girl who always bought their drinks.’ Luhan shut his eyes tightly and clenched his fist and teeth struggling for control. At that moment, he wanted to scream and shout to let it all out of his anger and frustration inside.

          ‘Joohyun, is that what really happened to you for a past few days? Sooyi beat you with a belt? Why I didn’t know about this? Why didn’t you tell me anything? Why did you want to hurt yourself? You’re not the only one who hurt. You’re hurting me and the boys as well. Why didn’t you say anything to me? Answer me, Joohyun! Say something! Don’t be silent like you’re fine and nothing has happen to you. Answer me, Joohyun!’ Luhan thought himself while looking at Seohyun, more like waiting for her to tell him everything as if she can hear his thoughts.

          After three hours of lectures, the class is ended. It’s a lunch time and all of them went out to head to the cafeteria. The queenkas bid farewell to the EXO boys since they said that they would come later. Sooyi went to Seohyun’s place and banged on her table, “I want you to meet me at the usual place, now!” She shouted the word ‘now’ at Seohyun and went away. Her shout caused the boys to flinch and looked at Seohyun. They wondered if she could walk in that state.

          Seohyun slowly stood up and used the table as support but only for a while. She fell and shrieked causing Luhan to go to her immediately. He removed some of her hair that was covered on her face. She was sweating and panted really hard. The other boys surrounded her to look at her. “Stay away from here. She needs some air.” Luhan bawled them out to give her a space.

         Luhan held her head and slowly pulled her to sit. He tried to avoid from touching her back and leaned her right side of her body to the leg of the table. Luhan sat while facing his back to her and put her hands on his shoulder. He slowly stood up and piggybacked her. “I’m going to take her to the infirmary. You guys go first.” Luhan told his friends and they blinked when Luhan carried her but they let it go because who knows what Sooyi will do to her.

 


 

          Other students were surprised that Luhan carried Seohyun. They murmured while watching the scene and Luhan commanded them to move to give him a way to go the infirmary. Luhan ran when he felt that everyone was talking about them. Actually, he didn’t care about that at all. All he cared about is Seohyun. Seohyun’s panting made Luhan worried so badly. “We’re almost there. Just hold on, Joohyun.” He whispered to her.

          They entered the infirmary and Luhan put Seohyun on the bed then he called Dr. Jimin. However, she was not in her office. Luhan went to Seohyun and told her that he wanted to see her back but she refused and confused with his action. “Your back is injured, Joohyun. Sooyi beat you, isn’t it?” Seohyun shook her head making Luhan’s face changed. “Don’t lie to me. Tao told me that he saw Sooyi whipped you with a belt and her friends were beating you.” Luhan sounded so angry that made Seohyun shivered but kept cool because she didn’t want to show it to him.

          “No, he’s lying!” Seohyun denied to him. “If that’s not true, then why did you avoid me when I want to hug you?” Seohyun is silent when he asked her that. She doesn’t know what to answer to him. Right now, she felt scared of him. “Remove your shirt, now!” He asked her harshly. “No!” She replied back to him with a shout. “If you don’t want to remove your shirt, I will do it for you.” Luhan threatened her but she is stubborn. He had no choice but tugged her shirt. She screamed for his action and asked him to stop while struggled to remove his hands off from her shirt but he didn’t listen.

          Luhan managed to remove her shirt but the sight in front of him is so shocking that he couldn’t utter a single word. Seohyun cried after what he had done to her. He turned her so that her back faced him. He broke down into tears while closing his eyes and heaved a heavy sigh. He couldn’t bear to look at her back. It was full of the whipping scars and wounds along with the purple-black bruises appeared clearly on her back. He covered his face with both palms and screamed with a very loud scream, feeling furious at himself for not knowing that his wife has been suffering but at the same time, feeling frustrated that Seohyun was silent all the time when something like this happened. Luhan went to her; who was facing her back, and back hugged her. He didn’t care if his hug will give her a lot of pain because the pain that she felt now is the same pain that he felt.

          A door was opened and a gasped was heard. They turned and saw Park Semi and Kim Sori with wide eyes open. Park Semi and Kim Sori saw Luhan and Seohyun together and decided to follow them. “What are you doing here? Get out!” He growled at them making them left that place immediately leaving the door open. He groaned and went to the door to close it but was stopped by someone.

          Dr. Jimin opened the door back again and went inside. She looked back and forth at Luhan and Seohyun and raised her eyebrow when she noticed that Seohyun isn’t wearing a shirt. “Listen, I know that you two want to be alone together but that doesn’t mean that both of you can do ‘it’ here, especially when I’m not here.” Dr. Jimin’s statement leaves both of them dumbfounded. Nuna, of course we’re not going to do that. I just want you to check on Joohyun.” Hearing Seohyun’s name from Luhan’s mouth, she went to her right away and the first thing she did was checking her back. So she knew about her back?

          Dr. Jimin closed after she saw Seohyun’s back. “Oh my, Seohyun. It’s getting worst. Luhan, why don’t you take her to the hospital?” She asked him sternly while frowning at him. Luhan was taken aback with her question. “I want to take her to the hospital but she didn’t want it. Do you know about her injured back?” His instinct shows that Dr. Jimin knew about it more than him. “Well, yes. I knew about it on Monday. She said that she will ask you to take her to the hospital. She didn’t say anything?”

          “No.” Luhan replied while looking at Seohyun but she avoids his gaze. Dr. Jimin looked at her and put her palm on her shoulder, “You didn’t tell him, Seohyun?” Seohyun shook her head slowly. “Why?” Dr. Jimin asked her softly. Seohyun looked down without saying anything. Her tears fell and flowed to her cheeks. Dr. Jimin wiped her tears and turned to Luhan, “I will take her to the hospital.” Luhan wanted to go with her but Dr. Jimin said that they would get busted if someone saw them. She told him not to worry about her.

 


 

          While Luhan was walking along the corridor, the other students were eyeing him weirdly while murmuring. He ignored all the talks and head to the usual place where he hangs out with EXO. When he reached that place, they looked at him like he did something wrong. “Whoa, don’t come here! We don’t need a here.”  Luhan surprised with Kris remarks. Does he refer that to him? “What are you talking about?” Luhan confused with them who were looking mad at him.

          “You still act like you didn’t know anything?” Kris scoffed at him. Luhan really didn’t know what’s going on and why they’re acting like that. “You took advantage to help her but you her instead.” Luhan jolted making his tongue froze. They accused him for Seohyun. Where this rumor came from? Luhan remembered that Sooyi’s friend; Semi and Sori barged into the infirmary and saw Seohyun shirtless while he was hugging her or could be they heard Seohyun’s screaming that could be mistaken as he was her.

          “That girl is so weak because of Sooyi and now you’re making her become worse.” Suho couldn’t believe that Luhan would do something like that. “I didn’t her!” Luhan screamed out loud to defend himself but they wouldn’t believe him. “There are two witnesses that saw everything you did. That’s more than enough. From now on, you’re no longer our friend.” Suho declared and leave him alone who was stunned by Suho’s words. Luhan received a call from his parents and they told him to come to the office. The news spread very fast that his tutor coordinator called his parents to meet her.

 


 

          Luhan went home with the boys. The boys climbed the stairs to go to their room without uttering anything because Luhan scolded them in the car because they were noisy. Luhan became sullen after he came back from the college with his parents. His tutor coordinator wanted to kick him out of the college because what he did was unforgivable but his parents begged her to meet the chancellor.

          Luhan told everything what happened to Seohyun and in the infirmary to the chancellor and his parents since he knew about Luhan and Seohyun’s relationship. His parents surprised that their beloved daughter-in-law was bullied badly and scolded him for not protecting her as he promised to them. Finally, the chancellor told his tutor to let him go much to her protest. However, he needs to do some work after college as a punishment. The tutor thought that it was unfair for him to receive that kind of punishment with his huge mistake but had to accept it because the chancellor said that she knew nothing and warned her not to believe a rumor blindly just because there are two witnesses who claimed to see everything.

          He went inside the room and saw Seohyun sleeping but woke up when she heard the door opened and sat bolt upright on the bed. He gritted his teeth when he saw her. “You didn’t go to the hospital, did you?” He asked her angrily and Seohyun didn’t say anything because it’s true that she didn’t go to hospital. She forced Dr. Jimin to send her home instead and promised that she will go with Luhan. This time is for real. “Answer me!” She flinched when he shouted at her like that and slowly nodded. “I want to go with you.”

          “You’re such an idiot, Joohyun. Why don’t you just go and get your treatment? Why do you have to wait for me?” Seohyun is scared when Luhan is angry. When he is in that state, he will say a lot of exaggerate words that scares her. “Do you know what happen at the college? They called me a ! They thought that I you at the infirmary. They didn’t know that I ‘’ you a long time ago!” Seohyun shivered at his words although she expected it but his words just now were beyond shocking. They accused him that? “Not only that, I lost my friends too because they don’t want to be a friend with a . These things wouldn’t happen if you tell me everything, if you tell me that Sooyi beat you-“

          “And what are you going to do?” Seohyun cut him when he was about to mention Sooyi. “What are you going to do if I tell you that Sooyi and her friends beat me?” This time, Luhan was silent and he didn’t know what to say to her. “Even if I tell you that Sooyi beat me, nothing will change. You can’t confront her to stop bullying me because your friends will be wondered why you did that for me. I’m just a stranger in front of you and them. Sooyi will not stop bullying me even if you try to protect me, especially if she knew that you were trying to protect me. She will do much more badly than this.” Seohyun let it all out to him.

          “Then fight back to her. Show her that you’re strong and not afraid of her.” Luhan retorted. “So that I will get kick out from the college? What do you exactly want me to do?” Seohyun asked him with a loud voice. “Just tell me everything, Joohyun. It’s not that hard.” He replied. “Like that would lessen the pain that I suffered for this week. You don’t even help me when I was bullied in front of your eyes because your friends are watching.” She brought up everything that had happen to her before when she was bullied by Sooyi in front of him.

          “You think I didn’t want to help you? I want to help you when she insulted you but you told me to hold myself from doing something stupid so that we’re not busted to my frie-, forget it, they are not my friends anymo-“ Luhan stopped when their sons entered the room while holding their hands and crying out loud. Appa, omma, please don’t fight anymore.” Jongin pleaded between the sobs. Luhan kneeled and hugged three of them while apologized for scaring them. Seohyun watched them in regret. Despite their age, they seemed to understand what happen to Luhan and Seohyun. They once told them that their biggest fear is that their parents will separate forever and they had to choose between these two and they also didn’t like when their parents fight with each other.

          That night, they slept with their backs against each other without muttering anything. Their fight is still lingers in their mind. They hope that everything will be fine on the next day.

 

 

 

 


Exam season is finish!!! *throw confetti* I have a lot of time to update now.

Oh, I've reached 100 subscribers. Thank you very much for subcribes and reading my first story although my grammar is bad. Comments are welcome.