Chapter 3

A Perfect Secret

          Seohyun woke up early as usual to prepare a breakfast before the boys wake up. It’s better to wake up early than hearing them whining about breakfast. Since today is their special day, she decided to make a mille crepe for breakfast. She will use vanilla whipped cream and chocolate as their fillings.

          Luhan entered the kitchen while Seohyun was cooking the crepe. He hugged her from behind and kissed her cheek then her neck before resting his chin on her shoulder while watching her cooking the crepe. “Are they awake? Seohyun referred to the boys. Luhan shook his head, “I hope they’re not awake now because I want to spend my morning with my lovely wife.” He kissed her neck which made her tickle causing her to lose her concentration while cooking. She asked him to stop but he refused. In the end, Seohyun pushed him but he wouldn’t let go his hug from her.

          She threatened to tickle him if he didn’t stop but Luhan let go of her and held her shoulders making her to face him. Both of them looked at each other’s eyes without blinking as if that was a game for them. Luhan moved closer to her specifically to her lips and kissed her romantically. He pulled away the kiss after he sensed that she lost her breath. Both of them stayed in their position while catching their breath before they looked at each other again. “Your crepe is burn,” Luhan reminded her.

          She quickly let go of him and flipped the crepe to the other side and it turns out that the crepe is burn in brown color. Seohyun panicked and quickly took the crepe out from the pan while glared at her husband. He shrugged both of his shoulders while suppressing his laugh. “It’s your fault that it turns like this. I can’t use this to stack them,” Seohyun pointed the burnt crepe to him while breathed heavily to show that she’s mad at him now. Luhan ate a little bite of a burnt crepe. “Even though it is burnt, but it tastes really good.” It is good, as expected from Seohyun. At least, this compliment will calm her a bit. Luhan kissed her again but his words made Seohyun felt disgusting with Luhan ran away from the kitchen with a big laugh, “I forgot to tell you that I haven’t brush my teeth.” Seohyun widened with his words and went to the sink and wash her lips, “Eww, that’s gross!” Seohyun shouted from the kitchen.


          Luhan dropped Seohyun at her café every morning. She will help them to do some work like set a table before going to the college around 8.30am. “Promise that you’ll be back early today.” Luhan thought that Seohyun should left her work early in order to visit her mother’s grave. Luckily, she finally agreed to him. But if she didn’t, she’s sure that her boss will let her to leave early or even a day off but knowing Seohyun, she will refuse to it.

          “Omma will be back early? Yeah!” The boys cheered hearing that their mom will come home early. Since its still holiday before their kindergarten starts next week, they will stay at their grandparent’s house. However, during those days, after their kindergarten is end by noon, their grandparents will pick them up and they will stay there until Luhan is back from the college. “Behave yourselves when you’re in grandparent’s house.” Seohyun advised them as a reminder.

          Taemin frowned, “You told us every day, omma. It’s so boring.” Taemin made a bored expression. “Behave yourselves when you’re in grandparent’s house.” Little boy, Sehun imitated his mother words. They, except Seohyun chuckled to see Sehun imitated the only female in this family. “Now you’re brave to make fun of me, Sehun.” Seohyun breathed heavily while looking at Sehun who was covering his face with his hands to avoid Seohyun's look but peeked at her between his fingers. Appa, tell omma to stop breathing heavily. If not, omma will become a dragon.” Sehun casually said out loud without feeling afraid to his mother’s glare causing everyone to burst in laughter. “Sehun, stop it! If not, appa’s car will be burn in fire because of omma.” Seohyun gave a ‘do-you-want-to-die’ glare at Luhan while he gulped at her glare and turned to the front.

          “That’s it! I won’t be back early today!” Seohyun proclaimed caused all of them to pull her, apologized to her and pleading her to back early. She sighed, “Okay but first, let go of me or you’re going to be late.” They wouldn’t let her go until she decided to promise that she will be back at 4.00pm, an hour early than what they promised and she will be working for one hour only.


          “Hey, I want to go to the café to buy a cup of coffee.” Xiumin, the coffee addict told them before they’re heading to the collage. All EXO boys went to college together by using Suho's limousine since he’s the richest. They prefer this way than going with their own car because they’re surely talk a lot. All of them except Luhan went out from the limousine. “You’re not going out?” Lay asked him. He shook his head. “Do you want us to buy your favorite chocolate melted cake?” Baekhyun with a grinned. He knew that he wanted that so much. “No, thanks! I ate something delicious for breakfast.” Seohyun mille crepe is definitely delicious because it’s Seohyun. “Oh, does that something delicious has already beaten your chocolate melted cake?” Baekhyun again before he walked to the café. ‘Nothing beats Joohyun cooked food’ that’s what he thought himself.

          There’s a reason why he didn’t go to the café but he still went out from the car and stood while crossing his arms while looking at the people who stood near the zebra crossing while waiting for their turn to cross the road. He’s so happy today, not only it’s because it’s their 7th anniversary, Sooyi texted him that she won’t be coming to college today. That’s enough for him. He didn’t want her to ruin his mood today.

          Luhan noticed a familiar girl from her back. White blouse, long skirt, long straight black hair, just like the old times. He was wearing a white shirt with black pants but sadly his hair wasn’t like before but that’s enough for him to make those memories alive once again. He brought back to his sense when the familiar girl managed to cross the road safely. ‘She can cross the road now’ he remembered when she was almost hit an accident. The girl that Luhan was staring is no other than Seo Joo Hyun, his wife for 7 years. Seohyun noticed him when she already reached the other side of the road and smiled at him. Both of them nodded at each other with a smile on their face. This is the place where they met for the first time.


~7 YEARS AGO~

          16-years-old Seohyun wandered the town helplessly. She lost on her way. She doesn’t know here to go as this is the first time ever she stepped in the city of Seoul. Tall buildings that reached the sky amazed her so much. Her place is not even close to this city. Yes, she’s not from Seoul. She’s from Pyeonghwa village where there’s nothing except small houses, small buildings, everyone is living in poverty. There’s a reason why she came to the city which is to ask for help. Her mother, Son Eun Seo is sick and currently is dying but she wanted her to be cure so that she will be healthy. She’s the only person that Seohyun has now. Her father died in an accident when she was born. He was rushing to the hospital but end up dead while on his way. She only knew how he looked liked from a photo with her mother. Seohyun determined to go to the city to ask for help which is to cure her mother since there’s no clinic or hospital at her place. Her mother forbids her to go but Seohyun is stubborn.

          After she reached the city, she is kind of regret. People around the city were different than in Pyeonghwa Village where everyone is friendly towards each other and they know everyone. She noticed that all girls wore a short skirt unlike her. It’s really obvious that she’s not from the city because of her dress. White blouse, long skirt with her long straight black hair around her waist length. It’s an outdated fashion.

          She tried to look for the clinic but she couldn’t find it. She decided to go to the other side of the road. Seohyun just walked across the road without realizing that the traffic light for crossing the road is still red because she had never seen any traffic light in Pyeonghwa Village. She didn’t realize that there’s a van that was speeding towards her. ‘PIN’ the van honked causing Seohyun to flinch and fall badly. “Are you crazy? Do you want to die?” The driver shouted at her and sped his van.

          Everyone stopped to look what happen but they didn’t help her instead they murmured while glancing at her. Out of all people, there was a high school boy who was looking at her with concerned. 17-years-old Luhan went to her and he didn’t know why he felt his heart beating so fast when approaching her. He felt weird all of sudden. The urge of helping her is definitely new to him because he’s not that type of guy who helps other people. He is rude and arrogant as well as a playboy, that’s what he likes to be a rich people.

          “Are you okay?” That was the first question from him and he didn’t know why he would ask such thing. If it was other people, he would just laugh it off or even mocking them but today, he is different. Seohyun turned and met with a pair of doe eyed high school boy. Actually, she was wondering if the person who asked her just now is a girl or boy because that person has a quite long hair and has a feminine looks too. However, that person wore a boy’s high school uniform and the voice sounds like a boy. If that person is a boy, then Seohyun would become jealous. Of course she’s jealous because even a boy looks prettier than her.

          “I’m fine.” Seohyun answered but Luhan noticed that her knee was bleeding. “I’m going to take you to my house. You’re injured.” Well, that’s the first time he took a girl to his house. He had played with lots of girls before but never had he taken them to his house. What’s weirder is that she is a stranger and yet he’s taking her to his house. Seohyun tried to stand up but shrieked when she felt the pain at her ankle.

          “Are you okay?” He asked her concerned. “My ankle is hurt.” Seohyun tried to stand again but failed. Luhan carried her in bridal style causing Seohyun to freeze at her spot with mouth wide open. “Let me down! I can walk.” She squirmed caused him to stumble a little while walking. “Stop moving or you’re going to fall.” He scolded her asking her to stop moving and she stopped from doing so.


          Seohyun jaw dropped when she saw a big house in front of her eyes. This is the first time she saw this kind of house. There’s a fountain and flowers all around the places. But one thing that disturbing her mind was how many people live in this house. He must be from a big family to have this big house. “This is the first time I see a big house like this.” Luhan raised his eyebrow after hearing her words. First time? She had never seen a mansion before? But he ignored it after that when he saw his mother standing at the entrance with both hands on her hips.

          Luhan's mother, Mrs. Lu surprised to see his son carried a girl. She knew that her son is a playboy but he never take them to the house. She had a bad feeling about what her son is going to do with her. “Mom, I-“

          “Now you’re brave to take a girl to our house? Don’t tell me that you’re going to do ‘something’ with her in your room.” She cut him before he said anything. Luhan and Seohyun were dumbfounded with what she is saying.

          “Mom, please. I won’t do that. This girl injured her knee and sprained her ankle. I want to treat her.” Mrs. Lu was shock. Her son, the rude boy, is helping a girl? He even ignored an old lady that was walking with heavy loads of bag and even pushed her but now he wanted to help a girl? She let them in and Luhan put her on the couch and quickly to get the first aid kit. She once again bewildered with his action.

          Luhan cleaned the wound on her knee and applied the plaster on it. Then, he moved on to her ankle. He put ice cubes on her ankle before he wrapped her ankle with a bandage. Seohyun thanked him for treating the wound. “What’s your name?” He asked her out of blue. Seohyun hesitated to answer at first because she was afraid that he would do something to her but since he helped her and his mother was there, she told him. “Where do you live?” He asked the next question politely which made his mother’s eyes widened in shocked again. Her son asked a question to someone politely. She might put it on her diary if she had one. That’s the first time he done that. He was so stubborn and a hot-tempered person too.

          “I-I live in Pyeonghwa Village.” Luhan and his mother looked at each other. Pyeong-what? They never heard that before. Mrs. Lu started to have a goose bump. Where is that Pyeong-whatsoever Village exactly? Seohyun's stomach making sounds indicated that she hasn’t eaten yet. “Are you hungry?” Mrs. Lu asked her and she shook her head but her stomach betrayed her. “Mom, what’s for lunch?”

          “There’s spaghetti and meatballs that the maids had cooked. Why?” If she in his shoes, she would gladly invited her to eat something but she doesn’t know what will her son do. “Good. You should eat now.” He told Seohyun. Once again, she surprised with his behavior today. She kept wondering what’s wrong with him. Who is this girl that changed him and the fact that they’re stranger, that’s more shocking?


          Luhan's father, Mr. Lu joined them after few minutes and even he was shocked too after hearing everything from his wife. Everyone ate the spaghetti except Seohyun. This food is new to her. She never seen or eat this noodle with a red sauce and some meat that shaped into a ball. “Why don’t you eat it?” Mr. Lu asked her after eyeing her for quite some time. She didn’t touch her food at all. “I’ve never eat this.” She told them honestly. “Where do you live?” He asked her and as usual she replied the same thing. “Where is Pyeonghwa Village exactly?” Seohyun didn’t answer. She didn’t know how to answer that. “I think that she’s lying.” He whispered to his wife but Seohyun heard it. “I didn’t lie. I came here because I want to find a doctor to cure my mom. She’s sick. We don’t have any clinic or hospital there.” Seohyun raised her voice a little which made Luhan surprised.

          “Then, if you don’t mind, take us to your house and let us meet your mother.” He told her sternly and she nodded. Luhan's parents didn’t believe her while Luhan on other hand is in dilemma. Should he believe her or not? His mind told him that she’s lying because he never heard that place before but his heart told him that she’s telling the truth because if not, she wouldn’t agreed with his father by going to her house to prove that she’s not lying.

          Mr. Lu stopped his car in front of dark and scary train tunnel that was abandoned for years. There’s a rumor that it is haunted because there’s a car entered the tunnel and they never came back. There’s no place to go except that tunnel. “Go straight to the tunnel.” Seohyun directed him and he and Mrs. Lu looked at her with ‘are-you-sure’ face. “It’s not what you thinking and this tunnel is nothing special. It’s just that it has been abandoned for years. I walked through this tunnel for the first time today and there’s nothing here.” She explained to clear their doubts. Mr. Lu gripped the steering tightly and sped while driving through the tunnel. He’s surely scared.

          Their eyes were widened with the scenery in front of their eyes. It was so beautiful and really fresh in their eyes. Green everywhere. They spotted some people and they looked at them suspiciously which made them felt like they committed a crime or something. “There’s no car in Pyeonghwa Village. Only a bicycle or they prefer to walk. That’s why they looked at you like that and they’re know that you’re not from here but don’t worry about it. They’re nice people. It’s just that they are wondering why there’s a car in this village.”As if she could read mind, she told them what’s bothering them when they were here. Her explanation proved that she’s not lying. “That’s my house.”


          Her house is really small and old. It looks like it’s going to be collapse anytime soon. All of them entered her house with worried expression evident on their faces. A lot of sounds were made when they stepped into her house. “Omma?” She called her mother. “Joohyun, you found a doctor. I thought that you fail to find it but there’s no use, Joohyun. I bet they will say that I will die anytime soon.” Her mother, Son Eun Seo said while looking at them then looked at Seohyun with a sad gaze. Seohyun looked like exactly like her mother. It’s like a carbon copy. Luhan's heart clenched when looking at her mother’s eyes. He never cried at anything unless it’s about his parents but now his tears wanted to fall so badly while hearing her mother sad voice.

          “They are not doctors, omma. I met him when he tried to help me and went to his house. They thought that I’m lying so I brought them here.” Luhan's parents felt embarrassed when she said that. They felt guilty and decided to help her. “I’m sorry for saying that you’re a liar. I felt embarrassed. I promised to help you to bring a doctor to treat you.” Mr. Lu apologized to her. “You don’t have to. Besides, there’s no use if you take me to a doctor but I have one wish. Can you help me to fulfill my wish?” He nodded right away. Eunseo caressed her daughter’s head, “I don’t think I will live longer but before I die, I want to see my daughter to get married. If she does get married, I will die in peace. Please find someone for my daughter.” Her wish shocked everyone in the house. Seohyun told her to stop being ridiculous while Mr. Lu walked away with his wife to discuss something.

          After a few minutes, Luhan's parents called Luhan and Seohyun. “We’ve already decide something.” Both of them waited for Luhan's parents to continue. “In order to fulfill your mother’s wish, we decided that you should marry with our son, Luhan.”

          “What?!” Both of them shouted in unison. “No, I’m against this.” Luhan disagreed with their idea. “My omma was just joking. I’m sorry on my omma’s behalf. I shouldn’t have brought you here. I’m sorry for making you trouble.” Seohyun bowed several times to them as an apology. “Joohyun, do you want to make your mother happy?” She nodded. Of course she wanted to make her happy but not like this. She’s going to marry with a stranger, with someone that she was just met a few hours ago. “That’s the only way to make her happy and as my apology for calling you a liar.”

          “I forgive you about that but please don’t do this. You’re making this hard for your son.” Seohyun took a glance at Luhan who had a frown on his face. Clearly he hated that idea. “That’s enough! When we said we decide it, that means it can’t be change anymore, got it? You should get married by today.” Mr. Lu announcement shocked them. “Dad, I’m 17 years old. How am I going to get married? What should I tell my friends that I’m married? They will look down on me.” Luhan couldn’t take it anymore. He must stop this before it happens. “Just don’t tell them. It’s easy. We will cover up for both of you so that you don’t get caught.” Mrs. Lu told him. They had no choice but to agree with it. “Mrs. Seo, we decided that your daughter will get married with my son, Luhan today.” Eunseo smiled when she heard that.


          Luhan's parents brought Eunseo and Seohyun to the church for their wedding. Seohyun and Luhan said their vows and said ‘I do’ although they hesitated at first but their tongue forced them to say it. “I pronounce you husband and wife.” The pastor announced. Eunseo's tears brimmed in her eyes. She’s so happy that she managed to see her daughter’s wedding before she die.

          “You may kiss your bride.” Both of them gulped and reluctant to do it but they were disturbed by Eunseo's cough. Seohyun ran to her mother and rubbed her back. Eunseo held her hand tightly with her smile on her face as well as her tears flowing on her cheeks. “I’m happy, Joohyun. I’m very happy. I can leave you in peace now.” Seohyun burst into tears and wiped her mother’s tears. Eunseo put her hands on Seohyun's cheeks. “Be a good girl, good wife and good daughter-in-law. Please take care of her. Thank you for everything.” She said between her cough while looking at three of them. Seohyun hugged her and caressed her back. Eunseo closed her eyes and her head fall on Seohyun's shoulder and her breath stopped.

          “Omma!” Seohyun screamed while crying out loud. “Omma, please wake up! Please wake up!” Seohyun shook her mother and she cried hardly while putting her face on her mother’s chest. Mrs. Lu patted her back and tried to pull her away but she doesn’t want to move. Luhan's tears flowed while watching the scene in front of him and he didn’t know why or how it happened. He never cried at anything no matter how many times he watched a sad scene from a movie, his tears failed to fall unless it’s related to his parents.


          The funeral took place at Pyeonghwa Village. Luhan surprised when he saw there’s a lot of people coming for her funeral. It’s like Seohyun's mother is a celebrity or some important people for them to come and gave respect. Lots of people cried and tried to console Seohyun whether the old people, teenage boys and girls and even little kids who had no idea what’s happening.

          “Are you Seohyun's husband?” A lady asked Luhan which caught him off guard. Luhan's parents surprised that they knew about it because they didn’t met anyone here to say that they’re married. “How did you know?” Mr. Lu asked. “Johnny told us. He heard that our Seohyun is going to get married and we’ve never seen three of you before so I believed that you’re her husband.” She said to them. Mr. Lu sighed, “Yes, they are married but please don’t tell anyone else about this. We don’t want them to know.” He didn’t want people to know the fact that they are married.

          “But everyone already knew about this. This news spreads like wildfire.” Mr. Lu was mad that the news spread really fast. He didn’t want this to happen. “Who spread it? Bring him here!” He commanded her. The lady called Johnny and he came with a fear evident on his face. “How do you know about this?” Mr. Lu asked him sternly. Johnny gulped and stammered while answering him because he was so scared of Mr. Lu, “I-I saw a car at Seohyun nuna’s house. I-I thought that something bad hap-happened to her or-or her mom, so I-I went th-there but-but-but I heard that you-you-I mean sir wanted Seohyun nuna to-to get married with-with your son.” He looked down afraid that Mr. Lu would yell at him.

          Everyone except Seohyun looked at them as they became their center of attention now. “Mr. Lu,” Seohyun called him while facing her back to them still sitting in front of her mother’s grave. She stood up and turned to face them, “Let them know.” Luhan, Mr. Lu and Mrs. Lu were shock when she stated that. There’s no way they would let the people know about this. This would ruin their life if people found out that Luhan is married, not only he married at young age but he married to a commoner who is poor.

          “I know that you want to hide this from people but please, let my people know. They are like a family to me and we always share everything and didn’t hide any secrets. Don’t worry. They won’t tell other people about this. This is our secrets together.” Seohyun explained to them with a sad gaze. She knew that they won’t trust the villagers because they don’t know anything about them. “Excuse me, I need to go.” Seohyun walked away without looking at anyone and they let her go because she really needs to be alone now.

          “But Seohyun unnie promise that I will be her bridesmaid when she get married. Unnie broke her promise!” A little girl said with a disappointed look. Luhan noticed that she’s the girl who Seohyun held all the time during the funeral. “Seohyun unnie was forced to get married, Wendy. Don’t get mad at her. She just lost her mother and I’m pretty sure she will feel bad when she find out that she didn’t keep her promise to you.” The other girl tried to calm her and she felt bad about that. “I want to apologize to Seohyun unnie.”

 

 

 

 


I feel like this is the longest chapter out of all chapters. LOL! This story will have a lot of flashbacks so that you know about their past and how their present time reminded them about the past or something like that. I hope you guys don't mind about it. And about Seohyun thought whether Luhan is a girl or boy, just think about Luhan's predebut photo. Hahahaha!!

I'm still in exam season and it's one week left before my semester break for 2 weeks! Yay!!! Actually, this story is supposed to be update last week. I even finished this chapter last week and decided to post it but my nephew and niece were at home that time and whenever I opened my laptop, they came to me to watch cartoon using my laptop. Sigh! But I'm the one who asked them if they want to watch cartoon. Hahahaha! That's the only way for them to come to me. I can't wait for next week for the exams to end. I'm jealous that my friend from different course started the exam at the same time as me but she finished first! Even my friend who starts later than me finished first. Sigh! 14 papers in 3 weeks with no a day gap at all. Meanwhile my friend, only few papers with a day gap and finished in just 2 weeks. No wonder they were shocked when I told them I have to sit 14 papers.