Keep A Distant

Working For A Mafia (Hiatus)

*Author’s POV*

Kim Eunji is walking aimlessly through the town. She is on her way home after her works had ended on that day. It is about half an hour passed midnight when suddenly a car pulls a halt near her. She is a bit scared since nobody knows what might happen. Based on the car brand, the owner must be rich. She went into the convenient store which apparently just a few feet away from her as fast as she can. Afraid if something might happen to her. She watches the car from the inside of the convenient store.

Suddenly, the car’s door opens slowly, revealing none other than her brother’s best friend, Park Jimin. He walks slowly and entered the convenient store, holding an envelope if I didn’t mistakes. He walks to her direction slowly making her swallow her own saliva because of feeling anxious. 

“Here’s the contract. Come to my house tomorrow at 10.00 am.” He commands. “Do you mind telling me why?” She asks feeling piss. ‘Nobody can command me around except for my brother.’ “Just come. I’ll tell you everything tomorrow.” He said trying to control his anger. Nobody had ever talked back to him before. Usually, everyone would do whatever he asks them to without questioning it even a bit. “And what if I didn’t want to come?” She challenges him. “I will cancel our agreements.” He stated making her shocked.

“Y-You… You won’t dare…” She said. Scared if what he just said earlier is true. “Urgh… Can’t you just follows my order and come tomorrow morning?! Come or there is no deal. It is just as simple as that. Is it so hard for you to understand that?!” He burst out and stomps out from the convenience store, leaving her alone… Scared… She is scared about her one and only beloved brother’s safety.

She aimlessly walks to her house. After she had successfully got into the house and locked it, her legs finally give up making her falls onto the ground… Crying helplessly. How dumb is she? Why did she pick a fight with someone like him when what he wants to do is only helping her family? “Oppa… I am sorry… Maybe you won’t survive because of me… I am such a stupid human being…” She scolds herself as she continues to cry.

 

 


The next day, she took a bus to Jimin’s house after she had finished doing her milk delivery job around 9 pm. She can’t sleep at all last night because she was thinking about what Jimin had told her yesterday. She is afraid that Jimin might cancel their deal. What he said is completely true. He has the power to do whatever that he want. Including cancelling their deal. She is too afraid to think about what might happen to her brother if he really did so… She didn’t want to lose his one and only family. He is her oxygen. Her light. Her world. Her everything.

She rings the bell, revealing a lady in her mid-40. “Yes, may I help you?” The lady asks her. “Urm… I am Kim Eunji. I came here to meet Park Jimin.” She told her. “Ah… Please come in. Young master is already waiting for you in the dining room.” The lady from earlier stated and asks Eunji to follow her. Eunji nods and followed her to the dining room.

“Young master, Miss Kim had arrived.” The lady earlier announced and Eunji thanks her before she went to him. “Sit.” He commands making Eunji rolls her eyes. ‘Who did he thinks he is? Did he thinks that he is my master and that I am his servant?!’ She scolds in her mind. “Here’s the contract. I already signed the contract.” Eunji said. Ignoring his command earlier and put the said document on the dining table near him making him sigh. “I already paid for the hospital bill and I will continue doing so until Taehyung is fully recovered. You can ask the hospital if you didn’t believe me.” He stated and took a sip of his drink.

“I’ll take my leave now if there is nothing else.” She informs and turns around. Ready to take her leave. “Wait. Eat first before you go.” He said and continues to eat his food. “It’s okay. I had taken my breakfast earlier.” She lied. “Stop bluffing. I clearly know that you had not taken your breakfast yet. Just eat already.” He stated. “Thanks but no thanks. Didn’t I already tell you that it’s okay? I can take my breakfast while going to my workplace. By the way, thanks for your help.” She stated and bow before starting to walk away.

“It won’t hurt your pride at all even if you accept my offer, Kim Eunji. It is only a breakfast.” He stated making Eunji stop her tracks. She took a glance of him before she starts to walk away again. ‘Yes. It definitely won’t hurt my pride but I don’t think that accepting your kindness is a good thing, Park Jimin. I don’t want to involve myself with anyone like you. I don't want to be too close with you. I am afraid that you will hurt me. So right now, I think that it is better if we keep a distant.’ She sighs as she went to her workplace.

 

 


At her workplace, she did her job like she usually does. She already informs her manager that she will be late and they already said that it is okay, so they didn’t have any reason to scold her for coming late. “Hey Eunji-ssi, how is your brother? I heard that he is in the ward right now.” Seokjin asks. “The doctor said that he will be recovering soon. Thanks for your concern, but I got to go now. Talk to you later.” She stated and went to clean the tables. ‘I am sorry, Seokjin. But I am just not in the mood to talk about my brother, right now.’ She sighs and continues to do her job.

At least now, one of the burdens had been lifted from her shoulder. ‘Thank you very much, Park Jimin…”

 

 

 


A/N: Hey, ssup guys~ Sorry because I didn't update before like what I had promised. I am busy with tuition and homeworks. Besides, my spirits had been down lately. My result for the recent examination is quite . In the 1st exam, I got no. 6 in batch but in this 2nd exam, I got no. 12, instead. Urgh...This is very frustating.... =_=" 

And today, on 17/6/15, I just got an injection. Everyone that is 15 y/o need to take it in my country. And the nurse is ing cruel with me... TT.TT

To be honest, until this moment, I still can feel as if the needle is still stucks at my arm. It's hurt... 

Right now, I am typing this story using only one hand because my other hand is hurt. I think that maybe there will be a bruise, later. It's ing hurt. And my friends accidently slaps it so, it is very hurt, right now... I can't even laugh if not, the pain will come again... TT.TT