Chapter 7 - Eaton Mess

Kristmas Day

Yifan couldn’t remember a time when he had been so happy to get back home, carrying a virtually asleep Yueliang in his arms and smiling softly at Yixing who had a snoring Taiyang on his back. It was getting on for midnight and they had finally been able to break away from the general throng of their large family to get the kids into bed. Not that they hadn’t wanted to stay of course, it was good to be around everyone as they had exchanged presents and sort of had their usual Christmas antics but the influx of babies brought about a whole new level of conversation that ranged from the cute and cuddly to the simply obnoxious. Though the latter mainly came from the Baekyeol couple because it was clear whom wanted a baby next.

 

They had left Xiumin with Luhan and their new baby because it seemed just like a better idea at the moment and it meant that the rest of the patients wouldn’t have to put up with the fuss that was being generated either. No matter what they did, even after all of these years, EXO got noticed and keeping the fans away was hard work at the best of times. Tonight hadn’t been too bad since it was quickly made apparent that the families were around and most of the EXO-L’s respected their privacy but already Yifan had the feeling that they would have to be putting out deletion requests on some of the forms. Whilst the world knew of Taiyang, Yueliang and Sooyeong there were as many clauses as they could get to stop their faces being pasted over every available surface and at worst getting out into even more horrible situations which Yifan just didn’t dare think about right now.

 

Gently he smiled at Yixing, “Isn’t it nice to be back in the peace and quiet?”

 

“Wait until these two horror bags are up in the morning,” Yixing said, failing to notice that he had completely switched roles with his boyfriend but neither one was really going to complain in the slightest about that little situation, “Let’s just get them to bed and then I’m just about ready to pass out as well to be truthful.”

 

Chuckling, Yifan nodded and it seemed that only a matter of minutes later that the kids were changed, in bed fast asleep and their parents were curled up on their own double bed, limbs tangled in an oddly comfortable way as they slept away the excitement of the day.

 

The next day passed by in a blur of packing, putting away toys, visiting the newest family member and the twins being bundled up into the car to be taken by their grandmother for the night seeing as most of EXO were performing for New Year’s Eve for one of the television stations which meant the little vacation had to be cut short. Yifan and Yixing did not have much time to plan anything so they just headed to one of the restaurants near the park where they would take the kids during the times that they did have off together.

 

After a very filling meal with a few drinks, they set off to wander in the quiet park that was lit romantically with gentle streetlights and in the centre there was an ice rink. Yixing turned his best puppy dog eyes up to Yifan the second he saw it and the dragon sighed, “Only cause you want to see me make a complete fool of myself.”

 

Yixing grinned happily with bright eye smiles, his dimples showing prominently as he hugged and kissed his husband with glee, “You won’t make a fool of yourself! You’ll just look so cool doing it that the ice will want to melt.”

 

“Yah! Stop sounding like some creepy fan girl!” Yifan chided playfully as he paid for the tickets for the pair of them, it had become something of a tradition that Yifan would spoil Yixing the night before he had to go back to work because Yixing would take every opportunity to spoil him and the kids otherwise.

 

“But oppa,” Yixing continued switching to Korean just for fun and not bothered by the eye roll he got in response, “I’m your Fanxing right?”

 

A death glare was sent his way but Yifan merely pulled Yixing’s beanie hat down over his eyes and tickled him back into submission. “Don’t use that bloody shipping name, it’s creepy,” he chided playfully.

 

The Ice skating went from being cute and lovely to being downright hilarious when Yixing could barely keep his balance and sent both of them tumbling down several times and they eventually agreed to stop when they crashed unceremoniously into a wall and Yifan banged his head off of it.

 

Back on firmer ground, the pair walked hand in hand down the path and Yixing let out a long sigh, he really didn’t want to go back to work tomorrow, even though he knew that he had to, but it was nice to dream sometimes. Yifan nudged his shoulder lightly, “Hey, it’s going to be okay.”

 

“I know,” Yixing sighed, “But I miss the kids and miss getting to see them go through all of the stuff.”

 

“Oh but I don’t get missed, love you too sweetie,” Yifan said playfully, knowing that the other didn’t mean it like that but it was just way too easy to tease his lover with such things.

 

“Oh you!” Yixing pouted and then spotted an ice cream seller, “Hey, want an ice cream?”

 

“Sure,” Yifan said with a grin, following along after his partner and opting not to comment on the fact that it was a bit strange that Yixing wanted ice cream in the middle of winter.

 

Yixing smiled, “What flavour do you want?”

 

“Eaton Mess,” Yifan said automatically, not even bothering to pause dramatically for effect or anything which caused a frown to cross the others face, “What?” Yifan asked.

 

Yixing shrugged, “Just not like you to just choose so easily. But never mind, excuse me, can I have a chocolate chip ice cream and an Eaton Mess ice cream if you happen to have it.”

 

The man looked at him funny, as if he has said something in a completely foreign language before saying that he didn’t have that flavour and would he like something else. Yifan opted for strawberry instead and the pair made their way down to sit on a bench and just watch the lights of the city.

 

However something was bugging Yixing and he couldn’t quite place his finger on it which was annoying him.

 

Yifan blinked, “What’s wrong with you?”

 

“Why did you ask for Eaton Mess Ice Cream?” Yixing asked, figuring that it was the only slightly odd thing about the night.

 

There was a pause before Yifan shrugged, “I don’t know, I just fancied some was all.”

 

“But you’re not one for Eaton mess...ice cream or not,” Yixing said, tapping his fingers against his chin, “So why..?”

 

“Does it really matter?” Yifan asked, wrapping an arm around the smaller man and pressing a kiss to his head, “Figure it out later, we’ve only got a few hours left.”

 

Nodding, Yixing agreed and they slipped back into their usual routine without so much as a hitch.

 

~*~

 

Taiyang was running around the living room, an aeroplane in his hand as he made the most hideous noises and just barely avoiding banging into anything excluding his sister’s toys apparently because of the way that Yueliang kept on yelling at him. Their father had been gone literally half the day and their naughtiness levels had gone through the roof. Thankfully Yifan was used to dealing with the pair by now and let them get on with it up until a point when he would separate them and make the pair clean up the mess they had made. They would wine and complain but they would do it and end up helping one another out before long and harmony would be restored.

 

Not five minutes after he had started them on this task, his phone blared into life and he made a grab for it, “Hello, Zhang residence?”

 

“Get to the bathroom!” Yixing’s voice came through the line, sounding highly out of breath.

 

“What?” Yifan asked, completely confused why he would get such an instruction.

 

“Bathroom!” Yixing was really heavily breathing now, probably having run from practice which would be exhausting, “Test...Eaton Mess!”

 

Yifan frowned, “Whoa, slow down and take a deep breath Xing, I can barely understand you.”

 

There came a groan from the other end of the line, “You, Eaton Mess!”

 

It took another minute or so for Yixing to be able to actually speak properly and even then Yifan didn’t quite get what he was on about. Finally the unicorn at the end of the line paused in his constant babble and sighed, “You still got some pregnancy tests right?” 

 

“Yes...” Yifan let the word trail for a moment or two.

 

“Go and use one,” Yixing said, a smile clear to his words, “I think you’re pregnant.”

 

Yifan blinked, “And what gives you that idea?”

 

“Eaton Mess Ice Cream,” Yixing said, “It was your craving when you were pregnant with the twins. Director Xiu pointed it out to me.”

 

Blinking once again in surprise, Yifan was quick to go and do the test, wondering how he hadn’t thought of such a thing before. His return to the phone was quick, “ Yixing?”

 

“What?” Yixing asked, sounding excited already.

 

“We’re going to be Daddies again,” Yifan said, sitting down and smiling brightly at the thought, “Knew that horn of yours was magical.”

 

“YIFAN!” Yixing squealed in horror, which immediately caused a ruckus on the other end of the line as he must have put him on speakerphone. Well that was certainly one way to tell the family that there was yet another one on the way, Baekhyun was sure to be as jealous as hell.

 

~Fin~

 

Authors Babbling:

Well there you go folks, all done and dusted and I'm only like a week late in getting it finished but I'm still happy to have gotten it done. 

Now before you all start screaming at me, I am possibly thinking of doing some more of this if you lot want me to continue but I'm going to need to just take a little time to come up with some ideas and work out some of the others bits. If anyone has a suggestion for whose coupled up with who for the remaining members - don't have to be either, I could probably do with writing some het once in a while - or how many kids one of the couples should have or their names and genders then I'm all ears I can tell you. I get a feeling that Baek's going get a load of kids but I dunno quite how, plot bunnies are emerging there but let me know what you think or if you have any ideas. 

But for now I hope that you all enjoyed this fic even though it's a bit beyond crazy and that you'll stick with me ^^ Thanks to everyone who has subscribed, commented and upvoted, it makes me feel very happy and I shall link stuff once I've got it going ^^ 

Love you all lots

Chia